X-Men 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #16
    Re: X-Men 3

    SPOILERS..? NO, NOT REALLY

    WELL KIND OF YEAH I GUESS SO

    WHITE STUFF LOL

    I thought it was subpar compared to the first two. Now, note that I know **** about X-Men aside from the movies. The action was lacking, both in quality and in quantity. The special effects were nice, at least (the bridge part). There were a lot of characters that seemed to serve no real purpose. For example, there was that bald kid. Of course, they have to protect him and stuff, but couldn't he do something? You're a prodigy, man. Step the **** up.

    Bringing Jean back to life so soon into the movie took me out of it a little. Granted, I saw X2 opening day and haven't watched it since, but it just seemed like a bull**** way to bring a character back. Scott dies suddenly in pure "wtf just happened" fashion. It just seemed out of place for such a main character. The ending was lame. I'm not even talking about the part with Magneto. The walking up the giant staircase and all was so cheesy. I'd say it's clichéd, but after thinking about it, I realize not a lot of movies have dared to touch something so dangerously cheesy.

    Speaking of which, the one-liners really weren't that funny. They were worth a quick laugh or two, but not the big eruption of laughter from the whole theater, followed by the idiotic clapping that happened all too often. I'm pretty sure that any of the one-liners that didn't contain the word "bitch" could've had it slapped on the end of it, and all of a sudden, everyone thinks it's funny. Give me a break.

    The part at the end with Magneto could be interpreted two different ways, obviously. However, I'm not seeing where he gets his powers to move plastic. Is he playing with metal pieces? Anyway, it could just be there to symbolize that the story is continued on in the comics. It is continued, isn't it? Then there's always the possibility for another movie. Personally, I think that would be horrible. Afro's already brought up that there's not really enough characters left. The subtitle of X3 is "The Last Stand." Here's a possible subtitle for the theoretical X4: "One More Stand after the Last Stand." Sounds great.


    It's worth seeing. It might not be worth $8.50 to see, depending on the circumstances. I just don't consider it to be a great movie. It comes somewhere between good and okay.

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #17
      Re: X-Men 3

      regarding dance's post:

      I'm quite sure the chess piece was metallic. Although, in reality, wouldn't he be able to move anything anyway by creating an artificial field of magnetism around the object?

      And yeah, the comic definitely goes a lot further than this. In the comic, there are giant robots called sentinels which hunt mutants or something (quite obvious reference to them in the opening of this movie... that simulation is how the future is supposed to be). The movie definitely is a lot more kind to the mutants than any other xmen incarnation I've known of. This weaponized cure thing is a joke compared to giant ****ing robots.

      Anyway, yeah, they could have done SOOOO much more with this franchise. I'd have loved to see real sentinels and apocolypse, but with the deaths of so many key characters, it simply cannot be done.


      PS We should get some spoiler tags, if only for this type of thread. It's difficult to post things about this movie without giving things away.

      Comment

      • vashthestampede0987
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2004
        • 2997

        #18
        Re: X-Men 3

        Uhh I thought we did have spoiler tags.
        Omega owes me [1] omega favor
        I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


        Originally posted by Synthlight
        I hate myself.

        Cheers,

        Synthlight
        xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
        xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

        Comment

        • flamingspinach
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2006
          • 270

          #19
          Re: X-Men 3

          I can't believe everyone is misspelling "Apocalypse" the same way

          Easy way to remember it is that it's related to "calypso"

          Comment

          • GuidoHunter
            is against custom titles
            • Oct 2003
            • 7371

            #20
            Re: X-Men 3

            That movie was amazing; I don't know what y'all are talking about.

            But I do have one thing to ask...

            Okay, so Juggernaut wasn't born a mutant. As such, I thought he never actually was a mutant and the Cyttorak ruby just gave him incredible strength and whatnot. I may be wrong, and the ruby actually mutated his genes, but I'm pretty sure he isn't a mutant. So, how was Leech able to take away Juggy's powers, since he basically just de-mutanized everyone?

            --Guido


            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

            Comment

            • stretchypanda
              shock me shock me
              • Sep 2004
              • 4123

              #21
              Re: X-Men 3

              How can they cast such a CUTE, ADORABLE, TALENTED actress as Kitty, a character who didn't have any kind of role until this movie, and ANNA ****ING PAQUIN as Rogue?

              Seriously. Anna Paquin sucks and I am NOT sad that she was pushed to the background in this movie.

              Comment

              • Benny1
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2003
                • 1147

                #22
                Re: X-Men 3

                Absolutely fantastic movie.

                I haven't seen X2, but I knew Jean Grey died, I read a little bit, I don't think I missed much.

                I enjoyed every second of this movie, the fight scenes were great, the special effects were fantastic, and it was a great plot.

                You need to understand though, the only other bit of X-Men stuff I have seen was a few random episodes of X-Men Evolution. So I dunno much about the actual series.


                ps: I'm the Juggernaut bitch


                EDIT:

                From Wikipedia:There is an extra scene after the credits, revealing that the fate of Professor Xavier is the same of Psylocke in the comics: the character's body is destroyed, but his consciousness is transferred to a comatose individual.

                sequel?
                Last edited by Benny1; 05-27-2006, 07:34 PM.

                Comment

                • whorlichan
                  Tiny Plastic Meat
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 669

                  #23
                  Re: X-Men 3

                  What pissed me off is that they messed with Leech's power. He's not a prodigy, btw, whoever said that--he's just a kid whose power happens to be TURNING OFF OTHER MUTANTS' POWERS. Not removing them entirely. TURNING THEM OFF. So when Beast came near him, he should NOT have turned even a little bit human--his mutation has nothing to do with his blue furriness, that was a failed science experiment from long after he knew he was a mutant.

                  Also...HAHAHA at the end. If Magneto's powers are coming back, so will Rogue's--and I bet it's right in the middle of something "fun" with Bobby and he dies a terrible, horrible death. Yay!
                  Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                  First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                  My lame LJ
                  My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                  Comment

                  • stretchypanda
                    shock me shock me
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 4123

                    #24
                    Re: X-Men 3

                    I definitely thought the same thing. That's how she'll end up with Gambit, but surely whoever would be chosen to play Gambit deserves a much better actress to play opposite of!

                    Comment

                    • Retromancer
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 14

                      #25
                      Re: X-Men 3

                      Actually, Whorli, the blueness came from the failed experiment. The furriness and rest came from his mutation.

                      PS they basically mix and match plotlines from every X-men series ever made. Just so you know.

                      Comment

                      • whorlichan
                        Tiny Plastic Meat
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 669

                        #26
                        Re: X-Men 3

                        Retro--really? I always thought the blue and the fur came together. That his mutation was the agility and ceiling-bouncy and all that. I need to re-read the (9 million-some-odd) comics again.

                        Panda: You know they originally wanted Alexis Bledel (Rory Gilmore) to play Kitty? I'm so glad they didn't, because she's far too good of an actress to be shoved behind Anna Paquin. They should have gotten her (Alexis that is) for Kitty ORIGINALLY, and let some other, more talented chick play Rogue. And also a different Storm, because I hate how Halle Berry looks/acts/HAIR in the X-men series. But I thought they did an excellent job on the rest of them--Jean, Scott, Logan, the Professor, Mystique--they were all played wonderfully by actors who actually looked like they fit the parts.
                        Last edited by whorlichan; 05-28-2006, 05:49 PM.
                        Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                        First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                        My lame LJ
                        My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #27
                          Re: X-Men 3

                          They should have gotten her (Alexis that is) for Kitty ORIGINALLY
                          Do you mean during the cameo in the first movie, or before all the casting switch hax they did for this movie?

                          But I thought they did an excellent job on the rest of them--Jean, Scott, Logan, the Professor, Mystique--they were all played wonderfully by actors who actually looked like they fit the parts.
                          Logan doesn't have blue hair in the movies

                          Is Mystique typically nude in the comics/cartoons?

                          And meh, Halle Berry looks alright. Her hair isn't exactly right, but I think it looks good anyway. See the comment above about how Logan's hair is not blue in the movie.

                          Rest, I'd agree with, although I would say that Prof X never looks as old as Patrick Stewart does.

                          ps ya i know it's supposed to be black or something

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #28
                            Re: X-Men 3

                            Saw it Friday and I liked it a lot.

                            There were a lot of little "thinking keys" in it to make it more interesting and complex. (I.E. the ethics session and the 'final scene')

                            Usually I judge a movie on whether or not I'd see it again and I'd definitely see this movie again.
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • Samineru
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 122

                              #29
                              Re: X-Men 3

                              I had many gripes with this movie, mostly on account of me being just that much of an x-men geek. (All whited)

                              First of all, I agree with guido, a de-mutanizing mutant couldn't take away juggernauts powers because he is not a mutant, his powers are magical in nature, granted to him by a god. Also, I doubted the plausibility of a dart that can affect the genes of someones entire body, but even if it did that wouldnt matter because all genes do is tell your body what to grow, not what is already there.
                              Another thing thatr pissed me off is that you saw what mystique looked like. One of the coolest things about her character was that noone, not even mystique herself knows what she originally looked like or what her name originally was. Just showing us her, powerless ruined all of that.
                              Lack of nightcrawler and Gambit doesnt have to be discussed anymore, we're all pissed. I was also annoyed that we didnt have quiksilver, Magneto's son, who could have easily filled the position of that other speed mutant and made for amuch more intersting character.
                              Finally seeing wolvering have skeleton bare walking towards Jean Grey at points then regrowing it in practically an instant pissed me off. I know for a fact that Wolverine cannot heal that quickly. It takes him hours to heal major wounds, one that would kill a normal man, so how can ge grow back massive chunks of flesh in an instant.

                              I'm sure I will remember more but that's all I have to gripe about for now.


                              Edit: Whited again
                              And about the whole "How do they continue with everyone dead thing?" They can just use the team that xavier created (Even though he's dead) After he lost alot of his old guys too. With Sunspot, and that Native American, Nightcrawler, Colossus was actually in that team, not the original one, and a bunch of others.
                              Last edited by Samineru; 05-28-2006, 10:37 PM.

                              Comment

                              • scorpio1690
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 4817

                                #30
                                Re: X-Men 3

                                I wasn't very happy with what they did with Juggernaut. I didn't read the comics but I downloaded every episode of the old cartoon and watched it a while ago. The ruby and the crimson bands of juggernaut didn't make him a mutant, because the ruby got stolen by an archeologist once and all the powers got transferred to him, leaving Marco a normal man. Thus Leech had no mutant power to take away from him.

                                Mystique wasn't nude in the cartoon, she had a white dress type outfit.

                                I was pissed off about the sentinels. I was thinking OMG SENTINEL, then it's like OMG...HEADLIGHTS.

                                Lack of Apocalypse =( I really thought this would have him because he created the "cure machine" that all the mutants wanted, including Archangel, and it transformed them into the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. Death, Famine, and the other two. I really thought that's where this was going.

                                Deaths too early.

                                All in all, I'd go see it again just to yell out "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!" at the appropriate time.

                                ps. Bad ending.

                                Edit: Nightcrawler's absence is explained the X3:The Last Stand video game. It's made as a filler between X2 and X3. Fscking marketing campaigns. Kelsey Grammar did a superd job as Beast. Lack of Gambit=t3h lose, especially after they hinted towards him in X2, with the computer file named Remy LeBeau.

                                Comment

                                Working...