Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • adlp
    FFR Veteran
    • Jul 2006
    • 1758

    #181
    Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

    the sounds of animals fighting

    with heads held high

    consender

    Comment

    • dascookieman
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2006
      • 3248

      #182
      Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

      yeah frank zappa was an amazing musician indeed, but his guitar solo stuff (the shut up and play yer guitar albums)? that wasn't very good imo tbqh haha

      Comment

      • bluguerrilla
        FFR Player
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Apr 2006
        • 3966

        #183
        Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

        q and not u

        zegota

        circle takes square.

        Comment

        • angelofthedead
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2006
          • 373

          #184
          Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

          hm... that's actually a very good question...
          Nightwish
          Panic! At The Disco
          Mindless Self Indulgence
          "Words of peace will get you far, but words of peace with a tactical nuke will get you even further"

          sigpic<----Use it. I am a member of T_SOB.

          Comment

          • Verruckter
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 2707

            #185
            Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

            Originally posted by angelofthedead
            hm... that's actually a very good question...
            Nightwish
            Panic! At The Disco
            Mindless Self Indulgence
            This isn't your favorite bands thread, it's about those who deserve more attention. All 3 of those have well enough attention.
            Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
            Image removed for size violation.

            Comment

            • angelofthedead
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2006
              • 373

              #186
              Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

              Not all do... And those aren'tmy favorite bands.
              "Words of peace will get you far, but words of peace with a tactical nuke will get you even further"

              sigpic<----Use it. I am a member of T_SOB.

              Comment

              • itmorr
                Custom User Title
                • Jun 2006
                • 1498

                #187
                Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                Powerman 5000, dunno about two others who need more attention though.




                Originally posted by jwcgator
                (12:31:27 AM) jwcgator2: I got it! I'll write an auto-procrastination program!
                (12:31:33 AM) jwcgator2: meh, i'll make it later

                Comment

                • Nyokou
                  ( ̄ー ̄)
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 4247

                  #188
                  Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                  Originally posted by angelofthedead
                  Not all do... And those aren'tmy favorite bands.
                  Yeah, those bands have enough attention already.

                  If I could get punched for every time I saw an AMV with a Nightwish song, some *** emo kid who likes Panic AT THE ****ing disco or an MSI tard, I'd be a pretty pissed off person. And I am.

                  Anyway.. one band that I think needs more attention is..

                  Within Temptation

                  Why didn't I know of them sooner? <3
                  Snapchat: icequeenilse

                  Comment

                  • lXD
                    L not I
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1398

                    #189
                    Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                    Originally posted by Karulain
                    Eagle Eye Cherry
                    Five Iron Frenzy
                    Quo Vadis
                    my god i havent seen five iron frenzy mentioned in years


                    cheers man seen them twice in concert XD
                    AAA's - 125+19
                    best - sail away/endless dream/hyper pressure
                    latest - sound of my dream
                    219 tier points
                    IndexRulz.


                    Originally posted by DrugstoreCowboy
                    lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
                    bifflez yo<3

                    Comment

                    • MCRenaissance
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 1646

                      #190
                      Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                      Originally posted by mead1
                      The World Inferno Friendship Society
                      The World Inferno Friendship Society
                      The World Inferno Friendship Society
                      Ya, I agree.

                      Comment

                      • smartdude1212
                        2 is poo
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 6687

                        #191
                        Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                        I look through 190 posts and see one person say Freezepop. What the ****.
                        I mean, they're not sitting in a pit, but they're not that well-known either.
                        So definitely them.

                        To anyone saying P!atD... why? Not only are they known, any band whose song title is a ****ing essay isn't cool. This goes for Fall Out Boy, too (though I didn't see any of those as I was skimming, thank God).

                        Surprised I haven't seen SKSK either, yet really no surprise there.

                        Three rather interesting bands, I must say, are:

                        The Books
                        Arcade Fire
                        Sigur Ros

                        E-friend sent me some of their music. I thought it was, well, interesting.

                        Comment

                        • EdHead
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 12

                          #192
                          Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                          Freezepop for sure, The Arcade Fire is getting pretty well known actually, at least in my area.

                          Everyone needs to check out Menomena, and I guess I'd say The Blood Brothers but they're really popular in their circles and it's somewhat an acquired taste. Maybe they're not the best candidates...
                          "You know what happens when this baby hits 88 miles per hour?"
                          "What?"
                          "Crazy **** happens."

                          Comment

                          • psychopete
                            Quite electrifying.
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 833

                            #193
                            Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                            Originally posted by lXD
                            my god i havent seen five iron frenzy mentioned in years


                            cheers man seen them twice in concert XD
                            Five Iron Frenzy is a dead band, but more people need to listen to them.

                            Chase Long Beach is a definite must-listen if you like ska.

                            Although it would qualify as gothic music, Voltaire is really good.

                            Comment

                            • netcrash
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 2

                              #194
                              Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                              rush, the arctic monkey's, and daft punk.

                              Comment

                              • blindreper1179
                                Vice President Of TGB
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 5902

                                #195
                                Re: Name 3 bands who you think deserve more attention...

                                MSI can never have enough attention.

                                and if cornandbeans count as a band, definitly him.
                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                                Originally posted by choof
                                It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                                Originally posted by choof
                                whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                                Originally posted by Celirra
                                I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                                Comment

                                Working...