Music Guilty Pleasures

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Laharl
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2003
    • 1821

    #16
    Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

    Originally posted by esupin
    Beastie Boys
    Dude, Beastie Boys are awesome.

    INTERGALLACTIC PLANETARY PLANETARY INTERGALLACTIC

    Anyway, stuff I listen to and get weird looks for liking:

    Lenny Kravitz (All I really wanna know is..... ARE YOU GONNA GO MY WAY?)
    Justin King (It's oka-ay, it's just cha-ange.)
    Survivor (It's the EYE OF THE TIGER, it's the thrill of the the fight.)
    Guilty Gear video game music from XX, X#Reload, and Isuka.

    I'm not ashamed of any of it. It's just that people give me looks when they look through my music album and go "woah, you like Lenny Kravitz?"
    SIG PICTURES:

    POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

      I usually carry Slipknot, 50 Cent, and electronic stuff with me on road trips. That leaves just about everyone who looks through my CDs to "wtf" at me. I carry other stuff, of course, but those are the extremes.

      Comment

      • esupin
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2003
        • 1756

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

        Oh, and the Wallflowers.

        http://www.youtube.com/esupin

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

          Fallout Boy

          Hey, "Dance, Dance" is a catchy tune.

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #20
            Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

            Originally posted by Chromer
            Fallout Boy

            Hey, "Dance, Dance" is a catchy tune.
            I beg to differ. That's one of the songs that made me think "wtf, EA spilled shit all over my burnout revenge D:"

            Comment

            • MalReynolds
              CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
              • Sep 2003
              • 6571

              #21
              Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              Originally posted by Chromer
              Fallout Boy

              Hey, "Dance, Dance" is a catchy tune.
              I beg to differ. That's one of the songs that made me think "wtf, EA spilled (#$% all over my burnout revenge D:"
              You see, that's what I don't want in this thread. You see the part where you're making fun of the musical preference of someone else? Yeah, that. Don't.

              Mal
              "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

              "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


              My new novel:

              Maledictions: The Offering.

              Now in Paperback!

              Comment

              • JurseyRider734
                lil j the bad b-word
                • Aug 2003
                • 7507

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

                Black Eyed Peas
                2 Fall out boy songs
                I'm not ashamed to say Coheed.
                Ashlee Simpson
                Kenny Chesney (She thinks my tractor's sexy rofl)

                I listen to almost everything besides emo/country/metalcore/etc. I can stand hardcore stuff but it's not really something I always listen to.
                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                Comment

                • Mindfields
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 1566

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

                  I just realized that I don't take guilt to what I listen to.
                  At all.

                  Comment

                  • 180digi
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2004
                    • 969

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

                    J-Pop, Anime and Video Game Soundtracks, Black Eyed Peas, Gorillaz, and the Killers.

                    'Mr. Brightside' is such an emo song. lol
                    You'll never walk alone.

                    Comment

                    • Torlock
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 475

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasures

                      Hawthorne Heights

                      I don't know why, I just enjoy listening to it.

                      Comment

                      • MalReynolds
                        CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 6571

                        #26
                        Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Pleasur

                        Originally posted by 180digi
                        J-Pop, Anime and Video Game Soundtracks, Black Eyed Peas, Gorillaz, and the Killers.

                        'Mr. Brightside' is such an emo song. lol
                        I also enjoy The Killers. Mr. Brightside... You love a whore, she doesn't love you back, so what do you do? Write a song about it! And make the song the exact same sections twice in a row.

                        I love The Killers, though.

                        Mal
                        "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                        "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                        My new novel:

                        Maledictions: The Offering.

                        Now in Paperback!

                        Comment

                        • xObserveRx
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 1148

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Ple

                          Originally posted by MalReynolds
                          You love a whore, she doesn't love you back, so what do you do? Write a song about it! And make the song the exact same sections twice in a row.
                          Welcome to the last 60 years of popular music... obviously that's a sucessful recipe. Although it's called emo now, which is totally incorrect... but this isn't an emo thread, this is a thread about music.
                          Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Ple

                            Let's see here.

                            Franz Ferdinand
                            Barenaked Ladies
                            Electronic music in general
                            "Toxic" by Britney Spears (it's obligation, really!)
                            Linkin Park
                            Nickelback
                            My Chemical Romance (nice ones Mal, I actually have CDs of both of theirs for some reason)
                            I've lost interest in this list

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • xObserveRx
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 1148

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Ple

                              Why're you embarassed to admit you listen to linkin park? Just curious.


                              EDIT: only reason I could think of would be that Eva likes it.
                              Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                              Comment

                              • jamuko
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 1083

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Music Guilty Ple

                                I'm guilty of sometimes listening to some old Japanese Pokemon CDs... not really sure why I like them, since they're all basically kids' songs, but they're cute and catchy (if not a bit... odd) and somewhat nostalgic (years ago I used to listen to them nonstop).

                                I also tend to like Japanese songs that are extremely happy/hyper and cute. I like them, and they make me feel happy, but it's a little embarrassing if someone unfamiliar with them hears it.

                                And then there's the stuff such as an extremely dorky set of chemisty songs, an assortment of songs in a number of various foreign languages, and... The Beets. KILLA' TOFUUU~!!

                                Also, an entire playlist of Tetris remixes! Wait, I'm not embarrassed about that...

                                I have some strange tastes. >_>
                                ♪~
                                Always Happy! Smile! Hello!
                                I like delicious things
                                I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
                                So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
                                There's lots of happiness in my pocket
                                So let's play forever~

                                Comment

                                Working...