King Kong

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MalReynolds
    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
    • Sep 2003
    • 6571

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: King Kong

    That movie was amazing. No two ways about it, I loved every damn second of that movie.

    Oh.

    My.

    God.

    Go see this movie now.

    Mal
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


    My new novel:

    Maledictions: The Offering.

    Now in Paperback!

    Comment

    • Tasuke
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2003
      • 1671

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: King Kong

      Why should I see this movie when I know exactaly what happens?
      Wouldn't that be the same as reading the book a movie is based
      on and seeing the movie that came out 25 years ago based on the
      boook, and then deciding to watch a NEW! movie based on
      the same book? Just maybe not as repetetive.

      Comment

      • MalReynolds
        CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
        • Sep 2003
        • 6571

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: King Kong

        It's not the destination, Tasuke. It's how you get there.

        I knew he was going to die, but there's a whole boat crew. There's a love story. They make you feel for Kong, make him a sympathetic character.

        Or, of course, you can hide behind that shallow defense.

        Wait, I knew the Titantic was going to sink, but I still saw that film.

        Mal
        "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

        "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


        My new novel:

        Maledictions: The Offering.

        Now in Paperback!

        Comment

        • Lightknight924
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2005
          • 1164

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: King Kong

          Yes Mal but the Titanic wasn't made three times before that. It's very annoying to see a classic be made a number of times with the same things involved. 1960's original version was in black and white and had the dinosaurs in it. The bugs are new though I think. That bee made me shudder..ugh.

          Seriously I'd give it a 9/10, but even the special effects(which is what the whole entire movie was basically) weren't event right at some points. Like when Kong is holding the girl and shaking her around you can tell how cut and copied it is.

          Overall: 7/10

          Comment

          • Reach
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 7471

            #20
            I thought it was great. Definitely worth going to see.

            I didn't like how there was a total lack of screaming during that nasty ass bug scene with the worms and shit. XD They're all hercules XD Especially mr. poet, running through the jungle without a weapon at all completely fearless. XD

            Comment

            • chickendude
              Away from Computer
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2003
              • 1901

              #21
              I thought it was
              way.
              too.
              long.

              Every scene was dragged out longer than it should have been
              I didn't feel that humane connection with kong that was intended
              It was mainly the length that killed it. By the end, I just wanted it to finish.

              In conclusion:
              I didn't like it. The effects and stuff were spectacular, but they were too long.

              Comment

              • MalReynolds
                CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                • Sep 2003
                • 6571

                #22
                Originally posted by Lightknight924
                Yes Mal but the Titanic wasn't made three times before that.
                Titantic:









                Mal
                "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                My new novel:

                Maledictions: The Offering.

                Now in Paperback!

                Comment

                • Lightknight924
                  FFR Player
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 1164

                  #23
                  I see your point.

                  Comment

                  • MalReynolds
                    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 6571

                    #24
                    And, for the record, King Kong '76 was a completley different movie from King Kong '33. King Kong '76 was about an oil expedition and the ape was a much creepier pervert. A few key scenes were in place in the '76, like the log shaking, but the rest of the movie pretty much sucked.

                    Mal
                    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                    My new novel:

                    Maledictions: The Offering.

                    Now in Paperback!

                    Comment

                    • Lightknight924
                      FFR Player
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 1164

                      #25
                      Seen that and it did suck. I assumed it was King Kong.

                      Though, whenever I here the name King Kong I think of Jack Black screaming. "I present to you, KONG!! EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD!!"

                      Comment

                      • esupin
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1756

                        #26
                        Dec 23-26: $33,274,680.
                        Total gross: $120,597,410.

                        http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                        Comment

                        • NightmareMagma
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 16

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: King Kong

                          one word to describe King Kong:

                          Awseome


                          Comment

                          • msbrunnettemickey
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 1780

                            #28
                            Oooh!
                            It was great! I loved it.
                            It had everything in it... Action, drama...etc

                            I enjoyed every single minute of it.

                            בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
                            מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
                            יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
                            אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
                            אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
                            אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
                            ודואג ודואג נורא

                            Comment

                            • Lightknight924
                              FFR Player
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 1164

                              #29
                              Not to say I didn't I did it's just that it's all so obvious. Great Job though. 5/5 *****

                              Edit* Then again. What movies aren't obvious? Lord of the Rings is obvious that Frodo is going to destroy the One Ring to rule them all. Star Wars, obvious Anakin would turn into Darth Vader and obvious He would say Luke and kill the Sith like the prophecy depicted. Harry Potter?-Harry will kill Voldenmort.

                              Yeah so heh. Movies.

                              Comment

                              • Grandiagod
                                FFR Player
                                • Jul 2004
                                • 6122

                                #30
                                Thats the problem with remakes you always know how they're going to end. Like that god-awful War of the Worlds, seriously, f*ck that movie.
                                He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

                                Comment

                                Working...