Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuidoHunter
    is against custom titles
    • Oct 2003
    • 7371

    #46
    RE: Good but could be Great

    Honestly, this was my least favorite of the four. I'm not exactly sure why, especially with the abundance of eye candy, but I just wasn't blown away like with the others.

    --Guido


    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

    Comment

    • jewpinthethird
      (The Fat's Sabobah)
      FFR Music Producer
      • Nov 2002
      • 11711

      #47
      Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
      PS: weren't cederic and flo supposed to be gorgiously attractive?
      Cederic was pretty hot. Like...i'd totally make out with him.

      Comment

      • sleeplessdragn
        ~Bang that beat Harder~
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jan 2004
        • 2321

        #48
        I noticed that during the fireplace scene where harry is meeting Sirius, as Harry is looking down into the fireplace and the camera has a facial view of him, there is a shadowy, vague figure that moves in the background, up on the overhang. I don't think it was meant to be there, perhaps it was a member of the stage crew, or maybe I'm just missing a hidden foreshadowing.

        Comment

        • Omeganitros
          auauauau
          • Jun 2003
          • 8897

          #49
          Good eye, dude. I love production hiccups.

          Comment

          • WarCaptain
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2005
            • 19

            #50
            Man, they cut a lot of Sirius Black out.............basterds
            ☢ Flames within these Black Feathers ☢

            Comment

            • jewpinthethird
              (The Fat's Sabobah)
              FFR Music Producer
              • Nov 2002
              • 11711

              #51
              Originally posted by WarCaptain
              Man, they cut a lot of Sirius Black out.............basterds
              Who cares? He's just going to die in the next movie anyway.

              Comment

              • vashthestampede0987
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2004
                • 2997

                #52
                Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                Originally posted by WarCaptain
                Man, they cut a lot of Sirius Black out.............basterds
                Who cares? He's just going to die in the next movie anyway.
                Because Harry touches himself at night.
                Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                Originally posted by Synthlight
                I hate myself.

                Cheers,

                Synthlight
                xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                Comment

                • Chromer
                  Hookers and Blow
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 4981

                  #53
                  Saw the movie Sunday night and was dissapointed on some levels. They cut out alot of the original details that happened in the book, and they also changed some things. Nevill wasn't supposed to tell Harry about the Gillyweed, Dobby was. Of course this book ws pretty long so I can cut them some slack on that. My favorite quote of the movie:

                  Harry: "So did you and Krum talk?"

                  Hermione: *Sigh* "No. We didn't talk at all. Krum is more of the physical type."

                  ROFL If you didn't laugh at that, you have no sense of perverted humor.

                  Comment

                  • Bahamut-X
                    FFR Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 3399

                    #54
                    It's weird... saw this last friday, and even though I could tell it was well-made and has good eye candy, there was something missing in it, that special little thing that the previous 3 gave me. I think it's because they left so much out, it was hard to relate this great book (which is my favorite so far) to the movie. The book was full of interesting obsstacles and events, and not being able to see it all in the movie was disappointing. Maybe that's what did it, I'm still not sure.

                    However, like many people in this thread have stated, I can understand the reasons for cutting things out. They did the best they could and I give them credit for that.

                    Comment

                    • Tasuke
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 1671

                      #55
                      I liked the part where Harry was naked in the bath

                      Comment

                      • igotrhythm
                        Fractals!
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 6535

                        #56
                        Oh man, Moaning Myrtle taking advantage of those raging hormones was PRICELESS. XD (By the way, nobody wears their glasses while bathing. Trust me.)

                        They cut out everything involving the Weasley's father betting on the Quidditch World Cup and the Triwizard (Quartowizard in this case?) Tournament outcome, as well as the total outrage unleashed on Draco and crew in the train at the very end. I was kind of depressed to find they cut the sphinx out of the maze, though.

                        I don't read the books all that religiously, though, so it was kind of a surprise to find Mad-Eye wasn't really himself. However, whoever plays Snape is a freaking genius...he's so excellent at playing someone that isn't totally capable of hiding a sadistic streak. I do tire of this "Slytherin is evil" concept, though. Also, when the hell are they going to find a steady Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? Sheeesh.

                        Probably the most memorable moment was when someone sitting behind me kicked my chair for talking too much. I do worry about those French chicks drinking only single-malt whisky, though. :/ (Mom couldn't stand how they totally BUTCHERED the French pronounciation.)

                        I also saw a comic relief opportunity in Harry practicing the Summoning Charm (Accio) and getting plastered in the face with a couch pillow that was, unfortunately, removed, as was most of the frantic search for putting together a strategy.

                        The final verdict: They need to try for the AA.
                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                        Comment

                        • Lightknight924
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 1164

                          #57
                          It was pretty good. Though, it wasn't their best. I think the second was their best because it had the most mystery to it. This however, had very little mystery to it at all. The thirs one sucked though. All it did was basically tell that Sirius Black was fraamed by Voldemorts minion Peter Pettingrew. My question is, does doby come back. The little house elf. I'd like to see him die.

                          Overall: 7.4 B+

                          Comment

                          • Specforces
                            Yes
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 5028

                            #58
                            The whole handjob innuendo with moaning myrtle made me lol.
                            Check Out My Music

                            Comment

                            • Lightknight924
                              FFR Player
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 1164

                              #59
                              Yeah, lol reminds me of lollercoaster which reminds me of roflcopter which I saw when I was skiing.

                              Comment

                              • xObserveRx
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 1148

                                #60
                                Nah the best line in the movie:

                                Hermione: Are things going to be different now?

                                Harry: *stupid look* *shuffling around* *being dumb* ... yes.
                                Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                                Comment

                                Working...