Anime Survey

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Benny1
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2003
    • 1147

    #31
    ANIME

    Favorite Anime Full Metal Alchemist
    Least Favorite Anime DBZ
    Last Title I Completed FLCL (probably the only one ever)
    Most Original Anime FLCL
    Least Original Anime DBZ
    Guilty Pleasure Gundam Wing (rofl)
    I Can't Believe I Watched the Whole Thing G Gundam (funny story)
    Never Going to Finish Everything
    Best English Dub Ever Anything that isn't one piece
    Worst English Dub Ever One piece
    Favorite Anime Based on a Video Game Can't think of any
    Funniest FLCL, spome parts of fma
    Saddest FMA
    Most Surreal Paranoia agent, flcl.
    Most Annoying DBZ
    Weirdest Name FLCL
    Best Opening Song FMA
    Best Ending Song FLCL
    Best Opening Sequence I like FMA's although it might be the ending
    Best Ending Sequence see above
    Favorite OAV Endless waltz (when it is the only one you have seen rofl)
    Favorite Movie - I don't think I have ever seen an anime movie.
    Most Overrated - DBZ
    Most Underrated - I dunno, maybe like paranoia agent

    CHARACTERS

    Favorite Character - Naota (I love the development)
    Least Favorite Character - I dunno, like BT
    Best Hero - I really don't know
    Best Villain - Lil Slugger (shounen bat)
    Best Love Interest - dunno
    Character Most Likely To Get Along With in Real Life - like, probably like somebody I can't think of
    Character Least Likely To Get Along With in Real Life - Tsukasa
    Character Who Most Needs a Slap in the Face - Tsukasa
    Character Who Most Needs to Relax - BT
    Favorite Couple - I dunno, heero and relena rofl (bad joke alert)
    Couple You Wanted to See Get Together - Tsukasa and Mimiru
    Couple You Wanted to See Break Apart - Heero and Relena (who cares if they weren't a couple)
    Favorite Love Triangle - dunno
    Favorite Party of Three (Not Necessarily the Same As Above) - dunno
    Favorite Party of Four - dunno
    Favorite Party of Five - dunno
    Coolest - Naota after development
    Least Cool - anybody from dbz really
    Funniest - hahah Edward from fma
    Most Annoying - Domon
    Scariest - Haruko sometimes
    Most Attractive - Dunno
    Sexiest (There's a Difference) - Dunno
    Most Likely To Succeed - Naruto
    Most Likely To Stab You in the Back - Sephiroth (there was the oav, I'm allowed to put him here technically)
    Most Likely To Run You Over In Their Car - Quite a few people, probably
    Ms. Congeniality - Dunno

    MOMENTS

    Favorite Moment - I loved almost all of flcl
    Best Fight Scene - The end of flcl
    Best Kiss - Rofl
    Most Romantic Moment - ditto
    Most Inappropriate Moment - Whenever the guy is around nyuu
    Coolest Moment - Most of flcl
    Scariest Moment - A lot of paranoia agent
    Creepiest Moment - A lot of paranopia agent
    Moment That Just Floored You - A lot of paranoia agent and flcl
    Best Ending - Flcl
    Worst Ending - Only show I have ever finished

    OTHER

    Favorite Male Seiyuu/Voice Actor (English and/or Japanese) - I don't care
    Favorite Female Seiyuu/Voice Actor (English and/or Japanese) - Ditto
    Favorite Anime Company - Ditto
    Least Favorite Anime Company - 4kids (I know they only dub, whatever)

    Comment

    • GuidoHunter
      is against custom titles
      • Oct 2003
      • 7371

      #32
      Why all the hate for DBZ? Sure, its dub sucks teh balls, but it's quite entertaining, especially the movies.

      --Guido


      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #33
        DBZ was great from the beginning of the show to the end Frieza. The rest was puke.

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #34
          I thought the Frieza saga was the most boring. Waaaay too long. In fact, the last five minutes of the planet's life took, what, eight episodes?

          The Saiyan Saga was sweet. I thought the Cell Saga was sweet, too, what with Gohan going SSJ2 (btw, I like Gohan, shut the hell up). I never saw the Buu sagas, but again, the movies were all totally sweet.

          Regardless, though, what about it was unoriginal? Annoying? Who overrates it? I figure it's just the cool thing to hate DBZ.

          --Guido


          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • Omeganitros
            auauauau
            • Jun 2003
            • 8897

            #35
            No no, the final battle was sorta anticlimatic. I'm talking about stuff like when Goku met the Ginyu Force. It was funny and awesome at the same time.

            Comment

            • lord_carbo
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2004
              • 6222

              #36
              Originally posted by GuidoHunter
              ...

              Most animes, however, do not fit that ption. They are Japanese shows, and conversions are NOT as simple as changing the voices.

              As for subtitles, I don't understand how they're annoying at all. I'm not distracted from the action when I read AND I can get the appropriate (original) voice inflections and whatnot when I listen and read at the same time. Now, I have a friend who reads so slowly that I can understand why he wouldn't like subtitles, but for any normal person they're not a bit of a nuisance.

              Also, I would never even pretend that I understood what they were saying. Sure, I've picked up a couple of phrases here and there, but I don't understand what they're saying, nor do I know anyone who would make such a ridiculous claim. Not that it even matters if I don't understand Japanese, because I can perfectly understand the English written at the bottom of the page!

              --Guido

              http://andy.mikee385.com
              I was mainly referring to the shows that are at least halfway decent in their dubs. Why, if you didn't know what they were saying in the first place, or at least don't pretend as if you did changing the voices isn't much of a problem. Plenty of Japanese voices are wierd, anyway, especially those wierd guys who sound like girly-men.

              And it isn't like conversations change that drastically. For all you know, the conversations could of been slightly paraphrased after they were subbed. Japanese and English are two totally different languages. Japanese doesn't even take Latin roots. There are probably different ways to rephrase what they say, and seeing as most Anime people like you conform to the subs' way of putting it.... But if they really do change drastically in some cases where the concept of the conversation can differ between the sub and the dub, then that's another totally different story I am unaware of.
              last.fm

              Comment

              • GuidoHunter
                is against custom titles
                • Oct 2003
                • 7371

                #37
                It's not what they say, it's how they say it. No American woman could do a good Excel or Lime. No American man (or woman, even though she was better) could do Goku as he's supposed to be done.

                Sure, some Japanese voices are weird, but they're PICKED TO FIT THE ORIGINAL CHARACTER. American voices are NOT.

                I have no doubt that what is subtitled is not exactly what is said in Japanese, but I don't have a problem with that. I would bet that it's even more different for dubs, though, too.

                --Guido


                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                Comment

                • jamuko
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 1083

                  #38
                  If you're worried about paraphrasing, dubs are worse than subs. Keep in mind that subs only need to go through one translation, while dubs have to go through translation and then be rephrased in such a way that they can fit the lip movements. It's not a huge difference, but there's definitely less flexibility there.

                  But Guido's already made the most important point. Not everything can sound good dubbed, regardless of how accurate the translation/editing job is. Especially the genki/cute-girl type characters... it sounds cute in Japanese, but it's just obnoxious in English. Americans just don't sound like that naturally. Dubs only sound okay when all the characters speak in a natural English vocal range.
                  ♪~
                  Always Happy! Smile! Hello!
                  I like delicious things
                  I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
                  So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
                  There's lots of happiness in my pocket
                  So let's play forever~

                  Comment

                  • red-X0
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 9

                    #39
                    i thing that i hate dbz for is the voices all ways change in every saga it was hard enough to remeber all of the voices including movies oh and the games

                    Comment

                    • Chromer
                      Hookers and Blow
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 4981

                      #40
                      That's right. The Japanese have a talent for picking good voice talent. Take Naruto. In Japanese his voice fits exactly his personality and age. Pure genius.

                      Comment

                      • SheSheChan
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 66

                        #41
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: Anime Survey

                        ANIME

                        Favorite Anime - Slayers/Battle Athletes/SMJ/Evangelion/Lain
                        Least Favorite Anime - World of Narue
                        Last Title I Completed - Chrono Cross
                        Most Original Anime - Kodomo no Omocha and Di Gi Charat
                        Least Original Anime - Hyper Police
                        Guilty Pleasure - DBZ
                        I Can't Believe I Watched the Whole Thing - World of Narue
                        Never Going to Finish - Comic Party
                        Best English Dub Ever - Tenchi Muyo
                        Worst English Dub Ever - Battle Athletes and Slayers
                        Funniest - Slayers
                        Saddest - Pretear and Saber Marionette J
                        Most Surreal - Pita Ten and Lain
                        Most Annoying - Mini Goddess
                        Weirdest Name - Daa! Daa! Daa!
                        Best Opening Song - Slayers Next
                        Best Ending Song - Slayers - Never Die
                        Best Opening Sequence - Battle Athletes
                        Best Ending Sequence - The ending of Popotan makes me giggle.
                        Favorite Movie - the second Evangelion movie
                        Most Overrated - Naruto and Furi Kuri
                        Most Underrated - Serial Experiments Lain

                        CHARACTERS

                        Favorite Character - Hanagata - Saber Marionette J/Guu - Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
                        Best Villain - Naga - Slayers
                        Best Love Interest - Valgaav - Slayers/ Shaoran - CCS
                        Character Who Most Needs to Relax - Excel - Excel Saga
                        Favorite Couple - NarutoxSasuke/SakuraxShaoran
                        Favorite Love Triangle - Sana, Akito, Tsuyoshi - Kodomo no Omocha
                        Favorite Party of Three - Lina, Gourry, Zelgadis - Slayers
                        Funniest - Ryoga - Ranma 1/2
                        Most Annoying - Rei - Urusei Yatsura
                        Scariest - Gourry at the beginning of episode 2 of Slayers Try lawl
                        Most Likely To Run You Over In Their Car - Yukari - Azumanga Daioh

                        MOMENTS

                        Best Fight Scene - Advent Children if it counts.
                        Most Romantic Moment - The ending of the second CCS movie.
                        Most Inappropriate Moment - LOL. Maid in Hanaukyo. the entire thing.
                        Moment That Just Floored You - Ending of Saber Marionette J to X
                        Best Ending - probably Evangelion
                        Worst Ending - Saber Marionette J and J to X

                        OTHER

                        Favorite Male Seiyuu/Voice Actor (English and/or Japanese) - Koyasu Takehito
                        Favorite Anime Company - Japanimation
                        Least Favorite Anime Company - Bandai
                        there's too much blood in my caffeine system

                        Comment

                        Working...