HOLY CRAP EPISODE III WAS AWESOME

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vashthestampede0987
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2004
    • 2997

    #46
    Omega please say your kidding. I just saw it for the second time.....No I'm not addicted, it's just that I made plans with someone before but me and my friends saw it the day before. I felt that the movie was great, but could of been better. I also thought the lightsaber fights could of been better. The funny part was when it looked like Anakin and Obi Wan were just swinging their lightsabers aimlessly for about 15 seconds.
    Omega owes me [1] omega favor
    I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


    Originally posted by Synthlight
    I hate myself.

    Cheers,

    Synthlight
    xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
    xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

    Comment

    • msbrunnettemickey
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2004
      • 1780

      #47
      Yes it was awesome!!!
      I think it was a good movie to connect to the other 5 movies.
      George Lucas is awesome.

      Here are some lame cartoons i found!



      Lol that doesn't have to do with anything.


      XD



      Awesome.


      =O



      =D, just thought you guys would like it. I like sharing.

      בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
      מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
      יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
      אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
      אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
      אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
      ודואג ודואג נורא

      Comment

      • esupin
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2003
        • 1756

        #48
        Originally posted by Omeganitros
        And where the heck did we get the notion that Darth Plagueis is...
        I think that Palpatine was Plagueis's apprentice, but I'm not positive about Plaugeis helping conceive Anakin.

        http://www.youtube.com/esupin

        Comment

        • vashthestampede0987
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2004
          • 2997

          #49
          I'm also pretty sure that Palpatine was Plagueis's apprentice and that Plagueis is the "father"
          of Anakin. I also do think that George Lucas is a racist, because he didn't give Mace Windu a honorable death, he got his arm cut off by Anakin then got killed with the lightning. If I was Samuel L. Jackson I would of demanded a rewrite on that part. :P
          Omega owes me [1] omega favor
          I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


          Originally posted by Synthlight
          I hate myself.

          Cheers,

          Synthlight
          xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
          xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

          Comment

          • msbrunnettemickey
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2004
            • 1780

            #50
            what i think, is that George Lucas should have made a better scene where Anakin turns to the "dark" side. It's like (not exactly what they said i just want to make a point) Sith: You will become my apprentice Anakin: I'll do whatever you wish.

            And oh snap! Just like that he became Darth Vader.

            בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
            מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
            יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
            אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
            אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
            אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
            ודואג ודואג נורא

            Comment

            • esupin
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2003
              • 1756

              #51
              Like I said,
              Originally posted by esupin
              George Lucas ain't no Stephen Spielberg.
              I also thought Mace Windu's death was really cheezy, and now that I think about it, all of the Jedi's deaths were kind of anticlimactic; there is no way Palpatine kills three Jedi in a matter of ten seconds.

              http://www.youtube.com/esupin

              Comment

              • MalReynolds
                CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                • Sep 2003
                • 6571

                #52
                "SPOILER: Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) said he knew that he must die in this film, so he told George Lucas he would only do the film if Mace Windu goes out in a blaze of glory and not "like some sucka". On an American late-night talk show, he confirmed that he did indeed have a meaningful death scene; and he does not go out like "some punk"."

                So, Sam Jackson was happy about his death scene. I thought it was pretty cool, too.

                As for the other Jedi with him at the time, look at it like this. Darth Sidious is the singlehandedly most deadly Jedi in the universe. The only people that could take him down were Mace and Yoda. In the confined space where the fight began, there was not a lot of room for manuvering. You also have to take into account the sheer speed of Sidious; his launch up was much faster than an old man is supposed to move, because he used the force for speed.

                In Episode II, Yoda talks to Mace about how the Force is becoming harder to use. That is because the Force is somewhat evenly distributed among Jedi, and when new Sith are trained, they get an equal part of the Force. Some get more than others if they are strong with the Force, so Sidious used a lot of Force powers, as did Dooku.

                The long and the short of it is; they went in, not expecting to have to fight an old man. They walked in underestimating their foe, and their pride was great. The downfall of most Jedi is their pride.

                Mal
                "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                My new novel:

                Maledictions: The Offering.

                Now in Paperback!

                Comment

                • vashthestampede0987
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 2997

                  #53
                  SPOILER-Sidious wasn't technically powerful enough to take out Mace, it's just that he got fucked over by Anakin. As it was said ealier in this thread if you know he should be destroyed don't just stand there and talk, stab the motherfucker.
                  Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                  I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                  Originally posted by Synthlight
                  I hate myself.

                  Cheers,

                  Synthlight
                  xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                  xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                  Comment

                  • MalReynolds
                    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 6571

                    #54
                    He was under the impression that Sidious was no longer a threat without the LightSaber. When Anakin walked in, he had to explain that if he ever got back onto the political stage, he would have asylum. He was trying to justify the murder of Sidious to Anakin.

                    Then, the lightning. And right as Mace was about to stab, there goes his arm. BAM.

                    When Anakin joined the Dark Side, it upset the scale of Light and Dark, making Sidious more powerful, which explains why later, Yoda could not kill him. Sidious also had the high ground.

                    But mainly, Mace was going to arrest Sidious until the force lightning, then he was going to stab, but by that time, Anakin had made up his mind.

                    Mal
                    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                    My new novel:

                    Maledictions: The Offering.

                    Now in Paperback!

                    Comment

                    • The_Q
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2004
                      • 4391

                      #55
                      RE: Re: RE: HOLY CRAP EPISODE III WAS AWESOME

                      I saw it on the 17th.

                      Q wins.

                      Q

                      Comment

                      • User6773

                        #56
                        Originally posted by MalReynolds
                        He was under the impression that Sidious was no longer a threat without the LightSaber.
                        Even though he was firing high-intensity lightning at him, so much that it physically warped his appearance to do so?

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #57
                          Uh, the force lightning caught him off guard. Maybe you need to see the movie again, but it was bad aim that made the lightning hit the saber.

                          Mal
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • esupin
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1756

                            #58
                            These trivialities can be argued either way, depending on how you interpret things. Who knows, maybe he was just really stressed and made a mistake.
                            The point is, he had to die for the sake of continuing the story.

                            edit-Episode 2 is on TV right now.

                            http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #59
                              Originally posted by MalReynolds
                              Uh, the force lightning caught him off guard. Maybe you need to see the movie again, but it was bad aim that made the lightning hit the saber.

                              Mal
                              Still a poor excuse...if you can shoot lightning from your hands you don't need a lightsaber to be dangerous, and I'm sure Wise Master Windu realized that.

                              Lightsabers can absorb force lightning - see Obi-Wan vs. Dooku in Ep2.

                              Comment

                              • vashthestampede0987
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 2997

                                #60
                                Chardish you stole the words right outta my mouth. On ep2 it seems as if Dooku was secretly trying to help the Jedi when he was talking with Obi Wan when he was in the containment like light energy thingy.
                                Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                                I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                I hate myself.

                                Cheers,

                                Synthlight
                                xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                                xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                                Comment

                                Working...