Fansubs and Legality

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kilgamayan
    Super Scooter Happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2003
    • 6583

    #16
    Hey, at least your fucking series still has people doing fansubs. I'm going to have to wait several years for Galaxy Angel Season 4 because everyone copped out of subbing it after it got licensed.

    It's now obvious to me that this is a whine topic since you basically refuse to listen to reason, so it ends here unless you explain yourself beyond "waah i wanna see subbed Naruto omfg ". Just because Critical Thinking is an acceptable forum for an "I have to be right" attitude doesn't mean the rest of the forums want to be polluted as such.
    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #17
      Naruto is still being subbed. I didn't make this topic as a result of that; it just reminded me of it. The same thing happened with Fullmetal Alchemist last year, but people kept subbing it to the very end.

      I'm just planning ahead for instances that may arise in my CS Ethics class. We always talk about Internet copyright laws and such. Since this has to do with a specific instance in terms of anime, I thought it would be appropriate to bring up here.

      Yes, I do think that MP3s are illegal if ripped from a CD or any other device. No, I don't think MP3s are illegal if ripped from the radio. There is a HUGE difference. The same goes for DVDs and software.

      ~Squeek

      Comment

      • Kefit
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2003
        • 1517

        #18
        Squeek, what you think is meaningless. The law does not care about your opinion.

        As I said before, you are trying to argue morality, not law.


        Originally posted by seinno
        and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

        Comment

        • Moogy
          嗚呼
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2003
          • 10303

          #19
          double teamed
          Plz visit my blog

          ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

          Comment

          Working...