Sword Art Online

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FontSize72LOL
    ☆~{2D <3}~☆
    • Nov 2007
    • 833

    #16
    Re: Sword Art Online

    Originally posted by Tyson ultima
    Seems we got a bad case of shit taste up in here

    Even Protagonists don't die when they are killed - Seventhstyle
    Meh, There are things i wish they would have done differently but i wouldn't go as far as call it shit taste myself. I started watching it mainly because it was about being stuck in an MMO, and since I've spent many years playing different MMO's i thought it would be interesting, and it is (To me atleast).

    Not everyone thinks the same way as you, or has the same tastes, you know?



    Get Kancho'd


    Comment

    • dragonmegaXX
      ITG playing fur
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2008
      • 3661

      #17
      Re: Sword Art Online

      .hack was better

      Yes I've watched multiple episodes

      I hate how they say in the first episode that it took sooo long and sooo much effort to beat floor one, yet by some miracle everyone's on floor 38 or something in the next episode. The lack of consistency lost me there.

      Comment

      • Tyson ultima
        Autismspeaks.gov
        • Nov 2006
        • 1421

        #18
        Re: Sword Art Online

        SAO is terrible from a professional point of view which is what i am basing my taste and opinion on.

        Comment

        • Senri Akane
          Banned
          • Aug 2012
          • 226

          #19
          Re: Sword Art Online

          dat elitism


          erry1 professional animu viewer

          Comment

          • Tristana
            Banned
            • Jun 2012
            • 410

            #20
            Re: Sword Art Online

            anime that aren't:

            Detective Conan
            Cowboy Bebop
            Cromartie High School
            Boogiepop Phantom
            Serial Experiments Lain

            suck

            pce !!

            Comment

            • Artic_counter
              FFR Veteran
              • Jan 2007
              • 1002

              #21
              Re: Sword Art Online

              Well, I don't know about the anime, but the light novel was a pretty fun read.


              Comment

              • FontSize72LOL
                ☆~{2D <3}~☆
                • Nov 2007
                • 833

                #22
                Re: Sword Art Online

                Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                I've only seen 6 episodes but it feels like there's some pacing issues going on. For people that read the LN's, are there random timeskips as well? It feels kinda...lazy? I dunno. There's also a bit of wasted potential in terms of exploring some of the issues (ie PK's, how people settle in the towns, explanations of character development (like how the main chick was all typical anime loner "i'm doin this shit for ME aite pcE" in the first ep but then the next time you see her she's all sociable and junk), actually showing the dungeons and bosses and the like, etc etc) but it's only ep 6 for me so we'll see.
                Yeah, i agree totally with you on the timeskips, I mean giving the setting having a small time skip here and there wouldn't be too bad because watching kirito grind mobs half the episode wouldn't be all too fun i felt the character development could have been stronger for sure. A few side things seemed to have been touched on but there was some wasted potential in more than 1 spot. Unfortunately, the Light Novels still have those time skips but there is a bit more detail so its not so bad. Still, I'm pretty invested in the series. I'm holding off on reading Volume 3 until the ALO arc wraps up. This latest episode was pretty interesting, I'm curious how things will develop.



                Get Kancho'd


                Comment

                • Tyson ultima
                  Autismspeaks.gov
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 1421

                  #23
                  Re: Sword Art Online

                  Unfortunately I know a bit more about Sword Art Online than I should, but if you don't like something then give legit reason's why of course. I will give the positive that SAO's backgrounds are gorgeous in some scenes.
                  In the middle ground the composer for SAO's music is famous for composing music for fate/zero. And while it is nowhere NEARLY AS GOOD it still is okay at best.

                  Now for the negatives:
                  Exploring the relationship between Kirito and Asuna was one of the biggest mistakes I could have ever seen done. The relationship between them was so rushed it was to the point you could honestly say "what relationship?"

                  The battles were terrible. It consisted mainly of horrid choreography and one frame combat where the opposite party stands still blocks blocks. And then the other party then exchanges blows. Also most of these battles were just one frame combat. Only decent choreography was in episode 2.

                  The pacing was terrible simply enough. Lets face it. The side stories were pretty much irrelevant and the characters in them were too. Even then when the main arc starts you are dealing with a huge skip in floors which make pretty much no sense once so ever.

                  Finally, the reveal
                  This is probably where sword art online proves to be totally worthless. Finally, due to Kirito being butthurt about losing a duel and having no legit proof that Kayaba is Heithcliff he decides to attack him. If there was logical reason behind this I would have accepted this, but in the end Kirito was just suspicious cause he lost. Cause apparently his ego in the fictional RPG is so huge he can't lose to anyone. Its to the point where he can solo a boss by himself due to his years of intense training. Gary stu much? THEN we have the scene where everyone is paralyzed. No one can do shit. Yet oh whats this???!?!?!?! Power of love? is that the antidote against game manager's??? oh shit. Asuna manages to get in the way and save Kirito. SO cliche it ****ing hurts. No wait then Kirito gets stabbed and he dies? he ****ing dies??? oh but wait protagonists are an elite class who are immune to death. He comes back which seems to be a ghost and kills heithcliff saving the world apparently.


                  Finally ending SAO
                  In the end everyone seems to be alive and Kirito who had just been mad at Kayaba looks at him and just wonders why he made this world. Of course maybe you would expect some complex reason, but like a retard he just goes. "I dunno...." And explains all this TRYING TO BE DEEP bullshit. "what about those 4000 people who died" he pretty much answers with "they are dead." Kirito who was just mad a second ago just looks at Kayaba and smiles like a ****** and goes "You will find your answer some day." or some gay shit like that. The only realisitic shit about this was that Kirito wakes up looking like shit. felt good.


                  In the end this sounded VERY unprofessional but this is exactly what you are going to get just from the first half alone.
                  4/10

                  edit: thus proves that somehow due to advertising and unique concepts any anime can become popular.
                  Last edited by Tyson ultima; 10-16-2012, 11:23 PM.

                  Comment

                  • swordmasterz
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2006
                    • 272

                    #24
                    Re: Sword Art Online

                    srs anime discussion inc
                    o

                    Comment

                    • Tyson ultima
                      Autismspeaks.gov
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 1421

                      #25
                      Re: Sword Art Online

                      sorry for double post but sao in a nutshell

                      Comment

                      • Pseudo Enigma
                        ごめんなさい (/ω\)
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 2290

                        #26
                        Re: Sword Art Online

                        Originally posted by Tyson ultima
                        Review.
                        I can't help but agree. Still a better love story than twilight anime than .Hack though.

                        After watching the most recent episode (14 iirc) I just went into a semi rage. It was already going down, but did it have to go THERE?

                        The pacing was god damn awful. It's just eyecandy. Popular as hell eye candy that makes you feel like an outcast for not liking it. I might continue watching as a sort of "let's see if it actually goes to shit like I think" sort of thing.

                        I kinda feel bad about how they took a good concept (really good actually. Lots of potential.) and messed it up by rushing it.

                        edit: still a guilty pleasure
                        Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM.

                        Comment

                        • SKG_Scintill
                          Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3877

                          #27
                          Re: Sword Art Online

                          I quite enjoy SAO tbh. It's not good, but it's fine.





                          Originally posted by bluguerilla
                          So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                          ___
                          . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                          . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                          .

                          Comment

                          • Izzy
                            Snek
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 9195

                            #28
                            Re: Sword Art Online

                            Originally posted by Tyson ultima
                            In the end this sounded VERY unprofessional but this is exactly what you are going to get just from the first half alone.
                            4/10
                            I'd probably give it around a 6/10 overall because of the animation, but the story was normal and predictable.

                            There's no reason to hate on it just for being popular though. If you don't enjoy it then don't watch it.

                            Comment

                            • Tyson ultima
                              Autismspeaks.gov
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 1421

                              #29
                              Re: Sword Art Online

                              Originally posted by Izzy
                              I'd probably give it around a 6/10 overall because of the animation, but the story was normal and predictable.

                              There's no reason to hate on it just for being popular though. If you don't enjoy it then don't watch it.
                              I simply watch everything. I have a friend who is going into animation so in order to get an understanding of what he goes through I watch the bad and the good no matter. Beside when you watch the bad you appreciate the good alot more. And once more even if SAO wasn't popular I would probably still give it that same 4 out of 10. If 5 is average then in a professional sense 4 is barely below average which yes this does apply here. A good example of an anime that had been poorly executed to this level would be a show like guilty crown.

                              Comment

                              • SKG_Scintill
                                Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 3877

                                #30
                                Re: Sword Art Online

                                Actually, the plots are cliché, but they always made it a little unpredictable.
                                You can expect the protagonists to survive, sure, but it crosses that line where you DO think "wait, are they really...?". And it even did happen, but everyone complained about the time skips and bladeebla...





                                Originally posted by bluguerilla
                                So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                                ___
                                . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                                . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...