Beatboxing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ddrxero64
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2008
    • 790

    #16
    Re: Beatboxing

    Originally posted by stargroup100
    Unfortunately I don't have the power to change the thread title, but I don't think it matters much.

    But since this is on the topic of beatboxing, I think people who create sounds such as Michael Winslow are fitting, but ventriloquists like Jeff Dunham are in a different category.

    Less semantics, more material. Go.
    Edit, Go advanced. If that doesn't work, nvm.

    Comment

    • Stewie7Griffin
      FFR Veteran
      • Jun 2006
      • 191

      #17
      Re: Beatboxing

      The black guy won in my opinion.

      Michael Winslow was the guy on Space Balls that was running the radar thing when LoneStar jammed it.

      Also, the best beat-boxish video I've ever seen is Kyle Dunnigan.
      FMO FC's: 7
      The Divine Suicide of K [Heavy]
      Hajnal
      Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival
      Epidermis
      Strangeprogram
      Choprite
      Novo Mundo

      Could've swore I FC'd Thrash, but according to level stats it says I have 1 miss....

      Comment

      • stargroup100
        behanjc & me are <3'ers
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jul 2006
        • 2051

        #18
        Re: Beatboxing

        I think Beardyman is okay. He's got a lot of unique sounds in his arsenal, but he's not very impressive technically. He is, however, a really good singer, so his looped/sampled performances turn out to be really nice.

        DubFX though, I think beats him.


        As for technical beatboxers, my favorites are Roxorloops, Kenny Muhammad, Reeps One, and Heartgrey. There might be more, but I can't think of any at the moment.
        Rhythm Simulation Guide
        Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

        Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

        Comment

        • leonid
          I am leonid
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Oct 2008
          • 8080

          #19
          Re: Beatboxing

          wow, that Naturally 7 band is just amazing



          Proud member of Team No

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #20
            Re: Beatboxing

            I beatbox in the shower and the elevator at work (when empty, ofc)

            Comment

            • ddrxero64
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2008
              • 790

              #21
              Re: Beatboxing

              Originally posted by stargroup100
              As for technical beatboxers, my favorites are Roxorloops, Kenny Muhammad, Reeps One, and Heartgrey. There might be more, but I can't think of any at the moment.
              Still think the guy who beatboxed over that KPop song (the video to originally spur this thread) is the most technical. But then again, not sure what you mean exactly by technical. But beatboxhitman is very clean in his bass and sounds.

              As a matter of fact, while confirming his name I saw he uploaded a new video. Be right back to report it (if worth it, it could like any other song he does and bring nothing really new to the table).

              Originally posted by Reincarnate
              I beatbox in the shower and the elevator at work (when empty, ofc)
              I can only imagine being in a building hearing a guy beatbox behind the doors as the elevator reaches me. lol I think it's cool you can be down to earth as well as very smart. Newfound respect +1

              (Not that it matters, just giving a compliment that's all)

              Comment

              • stargroup100
                behanjc & me are <3'ers
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Jul 2006
                • 2051

                #22
                Re: Beatboxing

                Originally posted by ddrxero64
                Still think the guy who beatboxed over that KPop song (the video to originally spur this thread) is the most technical. But then again, not sure what you mean exactly by technical. But beatboxhitman is very clean in his bass and sounds.
                I refer to "technical beatboxing" as individual solo beatbox routines, in terms of both physical skill and quality of sounds. Things like the electric guitar being vocalized is simply a single trick, but not part of a routine, so it wouldn't count unless the beatboxer manages to integrate it into his act.

                BeatboxHitman's sounds are very clean and impressive no doubt, but he specializes in covering songs with the added accompaniment. His solo routine stuff is good, but there are way too many other beatboxers out there that can blow him out of the water.
                Rhythm Simulation Guide
                Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

                Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

                Comment

                • YoshL
                  Celestial Harbor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6156

                  #23
                  Re: Beatboxing

                  I recently watched someone beatbox and he managed to hit notes that are actually.... wtf.

                  like, hitting a low, low A as a bass note. I'm assuming it's throat bass, but i have no idea how.


                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                  Comment

                  • stargroup100
                    behanjc & me are <3'ers
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 2051

                    #24
                    Re: Beatboxing

                    Yeah, it takes a lot of practice and it hurts if you don't take breaks.

                    Basically, you start learning by exhaling an "H" sound, but make it come from the back of your throat, not your mouth. You ever so slightly tighten your muscles to get that low sound, but you don't actually vocalize it. Once you've got that down, you can start to polish your sound by adjusting and slowly removing the airy quality from the exhaling. Eventually, you'll be able to clean it up to get that low bass sound.
                    Rhythm Simulation Guide
                    Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

                    Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

                    Comment

                    • ddrxero64
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 790

                      #25
                      Re: Beatboxing

                      Originally posted by stargroup100
                      BeatboxHitman's sounds are very clean and impressive no doubt, but he specializes in covering songs with the added accompaniment. His solo routine stuff is good, but there are way too many other beatboxers out there that can blow him out of the water.
                      100% agreed. I'm always amazed by how clean that bass is rofl, but he has no place in competitive beatboxing. But yea, 100% agreed man.

                      Comment

                      • Phlegmatism
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 128

                        #26
                        Re: Beatboxing

                        My first favorite on youtube

                        Comment

                        • stargroup100
                          behanjc & me are <3'ers
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 2051

                          #27
                          Re: Beatboxing

                          That guy's not bad haha.

                          More people need to know about Heartgrey though. This routine made my jaw drop.



                          Also, the video that introduced me to beatboxing:




                          I also just checked out Dharni, who is also awesome.
                          Last edited by stargroup100; 04-28-2011, 02:04 AM.
                          Rhythm Simulation Guide
                          Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

                          Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

                          Comment

                          • Phlegmatism
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 128

                            #28
                            Re: Beatboxing

                            What the hell. How. What.

                            Comment

                            • ddrxero64
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 790

                              #29
                              Re: Beatboxing

                              WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

                              Found a new guy, frickin sick (in what he does specifically)


                              Last edited by ddrxero64; 05-1-2011, 06:46 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...