Touhou Radio

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ddr_f4n
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 3807

    #16
    Re: Touhou Radio

    Because all the doujin stuff on Touhou and Touhou itself can only be sold in doujin stores and not commercially, unless stated otherwise and if he is okay with it, as the creator stated.
    Out Now!


    Older Releases:
    Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
    Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
    東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

    Comment

    • Flandre Scarlet
      Death
      • Feb 2008
      • 903

      #17
      Re: Touhou Radio

      @Dossar: Touhou isn't really mainstream at all, it's just from a few die-hard fans in certain places that make it seem like it is, and the abundance of fan-made material.

      ZUN really doesn't prefer it going mainstream either, he just makes the games as if he would be the one playing them all day because he likes vertical shooters and cute girls, forming the games to his taste and not giving a damn if most don't like it. They might support his living but he doesn't develop them for profit.
      Playing FFR/Lurking around the forums since Dec. 2004

      Comment

      • DossarLX ODI
        Batch Manager
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2008
        • 15013

        #18
        Re: Touhou Radio

        Yeah, like I said, underground culture. I've asked a few guys who watch anime a lot and they didn't even know what touhou was.

        I'm probably one of the few people that only even looked into Touhou because of the alphes art. Maybe the only one?
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

        Comment

        • ddr_f4n
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 3807

          #19
          Re: Touhou Radio

          Originally posted by Flandre Scarlet
          @Dossar: Touhou isn't really mainstream at all, it's just from a few die-hard fans in certain places that make it seem like it is, and the abundance of fan-made material.

          ZUN really doesn't prefer it going mainstream either, he just makes the games as if he would be the one playing them all day because he likes vertical shooters and cute girls, forming the games to his taste and not giving a damn if most don't like it. They might support his living but he doesn't develop them for profit.
          Pretty much. He makes the game he wants, not what the fandom wants. In fact, after he made Mountain of Faith he wanted to wait until the fandom died down, but instead it kept growing, so he just decided to keep making them.

          It's just luck that his game got this popular though, thanks to memes like Yukkuri shittiete ne, Marisa Stole the Precious Thing, Bad Apple, etc.

          It's popular only over the net, but not out there where people knows the mainstream games. "Otaku's" are the ones that are aware of the series, not the usual people. Hell, ZUN made guidelines to make sure that they don't go mainstream and get commercialized without his permission. That's why you don't see any OFFICIAL anime. At most, just really minor references to the series in anime (or getting a song of his song in a japanese documentary that it actually was in once).

          Touhou fans just don't hide themselves a lot over in the internet because of the general acceptance of the series everywhere.
          Out Now!


          Older Releases:
          Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
          Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
          東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

          Comment

          • MrGiggles
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2005
            • 2846

            #20
            Re: Touhou Radio

            Originally posted by darkshark
            Can someone please explain to me FFR's obsession with Touhou? I don't seem to get it, at ****ing all.
            Part of it is that it's a game series that requires a lot of skill, something that the rhythm community in general tends to enjoy. The music is gr8 too, so it gets stepped like Sharpnel when it was in style.

            The other part is the preposterous amount of original content that spreads from the games. Characters that get 1-2 lines in-game are fleshed out into rounded and dynamic characters in fanshit and doujinshi. Which makes it doujinshi of doujinshi.

            This isn't limited to FFR either, the internet in general has gotten increasingly obsessed with the series. I'd reckon less than 20% of the fanbase even plays the games.

            Comment

            • ddr_f4n
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2005
              • 3807

              #21
              Re: Touhou Radio

              If you really want skill Touhou is actually one of the simpler and easier games to beat in the Shmup genre. The thing that separates the game series is its own uniqueness of the game which focuses more on the visuals and music rather than the game itself, which many would think it wouldn't be that great, but in fact makes it real fun on its own since it's so visually and musically appealing it becomes part of the gameplay itself to the point where those stuff really makes the game fun and popular.

              ZUN even once stated that he feels that it's more for the music, and the game is the background for the music.
              Out Now!


              Older Releases:
              Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
              Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
              東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

              Comment

              • Tyson ultima
                Autismspeaks.gov
                • Nov 2006
                • 1421

                #22
                Re: Touhou Radio

                Yea to be honest I don't know much about the game and the story itself. The art in the game kinda makes me ehhh, but alot of the fanbased art just blows me away. And the original music itself is okay for me but alot of the remixes again blow me away. So yea i hope you guys enjoy the radio. Been playing it during my play during GunZ and i was straight owning.

                Comment

                • Thatskier
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 613

                  #23
                  Re: Touhou Radio

                  My siggy owned this thread.
                  Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

                  The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



                  Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                  Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

                  Comment

                  • Tyson ultima
                    Autismspeaks.gov
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 1421

                    #24
                    Re: Touhou Radio

                    Ummm wow touhou isn't even anime so stop trolling and just get banned please.

                    Comment

                    • DossarLX ODI
                      Batch Manager
                      Game Manager
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 15013

                      #25
                      Re: Touhou Radio

                      Even though alphes-style art is a clean anime style of image, the series itself is not an anime. I don't really know what the game is about and I know that.

                      I should make a parody and do something like Fap It Up: Weeaboo Paradise and completely go against the game's expressivemanian music and memes
                      Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 04-2-2011, 09:38 PM.
                      Originally posted by hi19hi19
                      oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                      Comment

                      • ddr_f4n
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 3807

                        #26
                        Re: Touhou Radio

                        Originally posted by Thatskier
                        My siggy owned this thread.
                        Like any of your opinions ever mattered around here anymore :V
                        Out Now!


                        Older Releases:
                        Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                        Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                        東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                        Comment

                        • MrGiggles
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 2846

                          #27
                          Re: Touhou Radio

                          Originally posted by ddr_f4n
                          If you really want skill Touhou is actually one of the simpler and easier games to beat in the Shmup genre.
                          Well, yeah, but the point I was trying to make was that the gameplay has obvious parallels to rhythm games like SM/FFR.

                          Comment

                          • LJRoX
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 2762

                            #28
                            Re: Touhou Radio

                            Nigguh, how bout u play the games
                            and start playing dem lunatic modez



                            Like what Marisa says "EASY MODO? LOLOLOLOL"


                            anyways.


                            Go listen to the House of Imperishable and Embodiment


                            Sick house medley.


                            Also... Touhou 13 is already gay dude ok no srs, stage 2 is lol
                            I need to start on IAMP again

                            I still love Touhou muaahaha
                            Last edited by LJRoX; 04-3-2011, 12:58 AM.

                            Comment

                            • DossarLX ODI
                              Batch Manager
                              Game Manager
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 15013

                              #29
                              Re: Touhou Radio

                              There should be a touhou release where there are more guys and not a bullet hell shooter or fighting game like IaMP/SWR/whatever else. xd
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                              Comment

                              • LJRoX
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 2762

                                #30
                                Re: Touhou Radio

                                Guys in Touhou? That's laugha-- oh wait we have Kourin.

                                Comment

                                Working...