I hope you like Dubstep.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rushyrulz
    Digital Dancing!
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2006
    • 12985

    #16
    Re: I hope you like Dubstep.

    brb, changing my undies.
    8/10. Could have been so much grungier


    Comment

    • LogicalDefiance
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2009
      • 49

      #17
      Re: I hope you like Dubstep.

      I would try to set up a little more tonality, especially something like an authentic cadence at the drop instead of just a minor third from voice to bass. Once the bass kicks in, the tonality can pretty acceptably go to hell. Agreeing with Zajac on the tightness of the mix, and coolboy with the possibly undermixed lows in the main bassline. Really all small things that most can play up to being just personal taste more then anything.

      Otherwise, this being the first piece I've heard from you, it has some pretty wicked sounds in it. The 6 tom break into the bass was really reminiscent of this song which uses the same technique. I was obsessed with that type of drop for a while and ended up using it in a bunch of pop music made for some films. Fun stuff!

      CUSTOM MUSIC COMPOSITION & SOUND DESIGN

      Comment

      • ddrxero64
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2008
        • 790

        #18
        Re: I hope you like Dubstep.

        Originally posted by LogicalDefiance
        I would try to set up a little more tonality, especially something like an authentic cadence at the drop instead of just a minor third from voice to bass. Once the bass kicks in, the tonality can pretty acceptably go to hell. Agreeing with Zajac on the tightness of the mix, and coolboy with the possibly undermixed lows in the main bassline. Really all small things that most can play up to being just personal taste more then anything.

        Otherwise, this being the first piece I've heard from you, it has some pretty wicked sounds in it. The 6 tom break into the bass was really reminiscent of this song which uses the same technique. I was obsessed with that type of drop for a while and ended up using it in a bunch of pop music made for some films. Fun stuff!
        Haha Music Theory FTW. Good advice though, definitely worded some of the people's thoughts into usable advice. Nice post.

        Comment

        • xealix
          One Among The Fence
          • Feb 2007
          • 680

          #19
          Re: I hope you like Dubstep.

          I think this is awesome. Great job I would listen to this.

          I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
          "In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter

          Comment

          • Claudi
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2006
            • 6

            #20
            Re: I hope you like Dubstep.

            Imo a bit too messy even to dubstep, still liked it though
            I'm sure I could hear HeWhoShallNotBeNamed - Ghosts N Stuff sounds somewhere there, thumbs up!
            Last edited by zajac; 02-20-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: Don't use that name in my forum lol <3 -Zajac

            Comment

            Working...