VSTs that you're using

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nightfirecat
    ...back from the dead.
    • Nov 2006
    • 3213

    #16
    Re: VSTs that you're using

    4front has a nice bass/piano module...

    Otherwise I usually just get by with 3xosc and sytrus.


    [My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

    AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
    Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
    Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

    2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
    1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament

    Comment

    • championanwar
      Ask Nuro! x3
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Jun 2004
      • 2588

      #17
      Re: VSTs that you're using

      Sampletank is the ownage.

      Originally posted by aperson
      all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
      aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
      aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
      Click Here

      Comment

      • jakeyjake7
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 343

        #18
        Re: VSTs that you're using

        Dear god here we go (effects and synths):

        Angular Momentum Unifyer, Analog Warfare, All the Betabugs, Camel Crusher, Cyanide 2, daHornet, Glitch One MB (NOT DBLUE GLITCH), DSK Darkness Theory, DSK OranZe, DSK ZitH, DSK Asian DreamZ, DSK ZetH, GalactiX, LoopAZoid, Oatmeal, Pandemonium, Triangle II, Shortcircuit 2, SuperwaveP8, Tweakbench Cairo, Tweakbench Dropout, TweakbenchPadawan, Tweakbench Peach, Tweakbench Rebar, Tweakbench Ritual, Tweakbench Tapeworm, Tweakbench Toad, Tweakbench Triforce, Tweakbench Yoink, Angular Momentum Freehand, Angulam Momentum Trance Gizmo, Stormgate1, Bitcrusher, Borderliner, Crystal, (barely use this one) dblue Glitch 1.3, FuzzPlus 2, killerGATE+, LiveCut, Mini Voctopus, Rogue, RoughRider, Screamer, TAL-Bassline, TAL-U-No-62, and YFM. Lmao. Yeah, I use that many.
        Originally posted by tuv
        I enjoy eating my beard

        Comment

        • Zythus
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2007
          • 346

          #19
          Re: VSTs that you're using

          Originally posted by SpookG

          The only thing that's gay about Reason is that it doesn't support VSTs. it's got a nice collection of vsts with the program itself, it'd just be nice to incorporate outside ones into the interface as well.
          A possible expedient would be using ReWire for reason, or just waste money on fills. I used Reason 3.0 primarily before hitching the bandwagon to Fl Studio. Another "Homosexual" fact about reason is that it cannot record live.

          Poizone and Nexus are the popular ones in my index. I'll try that atmosphere if I can obtain it.

          Comment

          • DJCynispin
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2003
            • 101

            #20
            Re: VSTs that you're using

            I miss you too Spook! *cries*


            Hey man, do you mean you aren't using any 3rd party vsti, or that you are using hardware?


            @ Jakey - what are your favs?

            Comment

            • SpookG
              (For Great Justice!)
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2002
              • 829

              #21
              Re: VSTs that you're using

              Originally posted by DJCynispin
              I miss you too Spook! *cries*


              Hey man, do you mean you aren't using any 3rd party vsti, or that you are using hardware?


              @ Jakey - what are your favs?

              I don't really use any 3rd pasty vsti. When I use hardware, that just means I DI my bass or guitar into the comp, but I don't really do that anymore since I sorta broke the jack.

              Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
              .
              kerBLAM



              Comment

              • L0NEvvolf
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2006
                • 2068

                #22
                Re: VSTs that you're using

                Whats a VST?

                Comment

                • Cyanite
                  SIT THE **** DOWN.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 1174

                  #23
                  Re: VSTs that you're using

                  Virtual Studio Technology, it's basically a fancy word for a software synthesizer.


                  Originally posted by KgZ
                  oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

                  Comment

                  • sarahxjane
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 2109

                    #24
                    Re: VSTs that you're using

                    :O
                    Thanks for making this thread, I've been looking for some new things to work with.

                    My question is, where can I find these, or any VST for that matter.

                    Or how would I go about looking for some.

                    ( I'm assuming these are compatible with FL8. )


                    Also, what are some good hardstyle/hardcore etcetera ones I should try?
                    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                    whatever you do... don't **** a walros.
                    Originally posted by funmonkey54
                    *knock knock*
                    *opens door*
                    Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
                    Um, ok. May I help you?
                    Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

                    as of December 11th 2009.
                    Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos

                    Comment

                    • giganutsauce
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 761

                      #25
                      Re: VSTs that you're using

                      Triangle II, magical8bit, toad

                      Although I usually just use kick samples and Triangle II for leads and ****

                      I also use FL Sytrus a lot in my music.

                      Comment

                      • somethingillremember
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 106

                        #26
                        Re: VSTs that you're using

                        I use garageband so I have some audio units (all free):
                        Great one called automat
                        Anything by destroyfx (they have VST's too) These guys ROCK! Scrubby is awesome, you should check out their site, it's all free : http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/
                        a bunch of other stuff.
                        Also magical 8-bit, but I don't use it much.

                        Comment

                        • somethingillremember
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 106

                          #27
                          Re: VSTs that you're using

                          Originally posted by Cyanite
                          Virtual Studio Technology, it's basically a fancy word for a software synthesizer.
                          They can also be plugins, tho.

                          Comment

                          • who_cares973
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 15407

                            #28
                            Re: VSTs that you're using

                            i have pretty much all the vsts that have been listed lol

                            also

                            http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122592

                            Comment

                            • Doctor_Attitude
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 47

                              #29
                              Re: VSTs that you're using

                              Reason is the main VST I use haha.

                              Other things though, NI komplete 4 (everything there... reaktor is AMAZING, as are akoustic piano and b4II)

                              Massive, Hypersonic II, and Alibino, Guitar Rig.

                              For pluggins Robert hit the head with Voxengo Gliss EQ and Elephant... sexiest bitches ever.

                              izotope 3 (for mastering)

                              Ambience (for verb and delay)

                              DBglitch, PSPNitro, camelphat.

                              btw

                              Audacity is the world's most popular audio editing and recording app. Edit, mix, and enhance your audio tracks with the power of Audacity. Download now!


                              It's only pluggins that work for audacity, but it's a pretty comprehensive list with some download links.

                              List of some VSTs on dnb wiki http://www.dnbwiki.com/index.php/VST

                              Check out DNBwiki.com for great production tips.

                              If you don't know what mixdown means you should check it out
                              Last edited by Doctor_Attitude; 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM.

                              Comment

                              • kid_merkury
                                I make good music
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 478

                                #30
                                Re: VSTs that you're using

                                hm

                                i usee:

                                pro53 (occasionally)
                                vangaurd (mainly for layering)
                                toxic 3 (bass and maybe a few pads)
                                zebra2 (everything)
                                poizone (arps/pads)
                                v-station (leads/arps)
                                galactix (sometimes good for layering)
                                octopus (everything except bass, but even sometimes bass xD)
                                sytrus (rarely use)
                                FL keys (self explanatory)
                                3xOsc (sometimes)



                                Thats the main arsenal. I sometimes use others, but not often.


                                -Merky
                                -Merk



                                PSN: kid_merkury

                                Comment

                                Working...