Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jonathanasdf
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2007
    • 1959

    #16
    Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

    the video loads... at least for me... i don't know whats wrong then...

    I already deleted the original file on my computer, so if youtube's version goes down i have no more lol.

    but then i'd just probably record a better one.
    This section intentionally blank.

    Comment

    • tuv
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2006
      • 188

      #17
      Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

      wow it would take me months to make that sound as good

      Comment

      • jonathanasdf
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2007
        • 1959

        #18
        Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

        and stargroup, I don't think yours is formatted badly. It has even more formatting than mines like stacattos and whatnot. However, its just that some notes in it are unplayable (notice how in my version i removed like the lowest note or something)

        But I personally won't mind. Lets say this note spans 2 octives. I'd just play the part of it that I can reach and ignore the other parts.

        So stargroup your version is good too its just depending on what people prefer i guess...
        This section intentionally blank.

        Comment

        • lxDestinyxl
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2006
          • 3247

          #19
          Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

          You took out all the massive chords, which makes the music sound good and make the piece a challenge. Yes, I do agree that some chords in that song are ridiculous, but I don't see why you had to take out so many. I submitted my Andante version because I know that I can play that section near-perfect. I didn't play it to speed because I thought it would ruin the nature of that section. It was meant to be quiet, and expressive. Next time, you should put more expressive techniques into that piece, and keep some of the block chords.

          You know what? I'll submit my version up very soon - no mistakes, keeping some block chords, etc.

          See you soon, Jonathan.

          Ps: Sorry for sounding mean.

          EDIT: You shouldn't take out the bass note, like you mentioned above. Keep the third and tonic notes all the time - that's what keeps the music flowing.
          Last edited by lxDestinyxl; 08-9-2008, 01:54 AM.

          Comment

          • jonathanasdf
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2007
            • 1959

            #20
            Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

            no offence taken. Everyone has different views.

            I was a bit nervous, so I kinda rushed the slow parts. I'm sure you understand how it is like.

            I don't always take out the bass note, per se, but i take out what is least important in the chord. when you have a ... 14th chord... theres absolutely no way you can play it...

            anyways, all feedback is welcomed.

            and please don't spell my name incorrectly -_-

            btw, the only chords i took out were those bigger than 11ths. I left the 9ths and 10ths in there for ppl with big hands.
            This section intentionally blank.

            Comment

            • x After Dawn x
              FFR Veteran
              • Jul 2007
              • 1613

              #21
              Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

              Send me an mp3.
              Originally posted by Djr Rap dancer
              Alcohol make peoples retard.
              Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
              Just take nicotine patch lol

              Comment

              • jonathanasdf
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2007
                • 1959

                #22
                Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                can't :S
                This section intentionally blank.

                Comment

                • lord_carbo
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 6222

                  #23
                  Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                  I never understood why some pianists (feel like they) need to flip pages and read the sheet music for an entire song. Maybe a few parts, but after a month and a half and doing your own version of the sheet music (so I also assume you were doing some sort of chord analysis?) I would imagine that you wouldn't have to waste time flipping pages, never mind the fact that sight-reading for the piano is ****ing hard in the first place so I doubt the extent to which you're even using the sheet music. It doesn't take a genius to memorize a six minute song after a month and a half.

                  Other than that, good.
                  Last edited by lord_carbo; 08-9-2008, 11:42 AM.
                  last.fm

                  Comment

                  • jonathanasdf
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 1959

                    #24
                    Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                    lol lord_carbo. Its just something wrong with me xD

                    I can never for the life of me actually MEMORIZE pieces.... I don't know why. I can improvise, and sight read very well, but I can't actually memorize pieces unless i play them like a couple of thousands of times (like my piano exams)

                    So yeah. Also, writing down music, and actually memorizing it while playing is a completely different thing. I'm sure some other people can confirm that. When you are writing down the music, you don't actually get the feel of the music, as in what its like when you play it. Its not like, stare at a sheet of music for 5 years and then you can suddenly play it perfectly...
                    This section intentionally blank.

                    Comment

                    • behanjc
                      stargroup & me are <3'ers
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 1546

                      #25
                      Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                      Video loads now. Nicely done, keep practicing.

                      http://www.facebook.com/BehanOfficial
                      https://soundcloud.com/behanmusic/powerhouse-ep-preview-out-now

                      Comment

                      • lord_carbo
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 6222

                        #26
                        Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                        Originally posted by jonathanasdf
                        So yeah. Also, writing down music, and actually memorizing it while playing is a completely different thing. I'm sure some other people can confirm that. When you are writing down the music, you don't actually get the feel of the music, as in what its like when you play it. Its not like, stare at a sheet of music for 5 years and then you can suddenly play it perfectly...
                        I could go on about my experience playing and writing and analyzing and blah blah blah, but I won't. Just trust me when I say you really don't have to elucidate anything for me.
                        last.fm

                        Comment

                        • lxDestinyxl
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 3247

                          #27
                          Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                          If nobody realised yet, I've finished 5 out of 10 pages (not in order), starting yesterday.
                          Was hoping to finish within a couple of days, but I have a competition coming up in 6 days, so I need to work on my competition before I have free time and can jam on the piano.

                          Comment

                          • Zageron
                            Zageron E. Tazaterra
                            FFR Administrator
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 6592

                            #28
                            Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                            Originally posted by lxDestinyxl
                            If nobody realised yet, I've finished 5 out of 10 pages (not in order), starting yesterday.
                            Was hoping to finish within a couple of days, but I have a competition coming up in 6 days, so I need to work on my competition before I have free time and can jam on the piano.
                            THIS, I can't wait for. Hurry up! D:

                            Comment

                            • jonathanasdf
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 1959

                              #29
                              Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                              gogogo destiny!

                              anyways good luck in your competition. If you don't get first place then.... uhm.... I'll think of something soon...
                              This section intentionally blank.

                              Comment

                              • botjinneytle
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 1

                                #30
                                Re: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) Complete piano performance

                                hi, i want to hear your performance of demon fire, but i can't b/c it's private. ><.

                                Comment

                                Working...