FL Studio

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wlfwnd91
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2006
    • 499

    #31
    Re: FL Studio

    FL is a great program, but I haven't been able to make the tracks longer than like...12 seconds long...So a bit off topic, could anyone help me with that? Cause I'd like to be able to make some actual tracks.

    But, yea, FL is very simple to use, I'd recommend it if you're just getting started, though I must say that I think Reason is much better if you chose you really enjoy making electronica tracks. And I'm not saying FL can't make great songs, cause as you've all mentioned, it's how you use the tools. However, if you've ever used Reason, you know it has a LOT more tools to use, which is why it's for a more sophisticated user.

    EDIT: I agree with you shox on downloading. I refuse to download non-trial software if it's meant to be paid for, especially when it's some kind of music software. I only download music to see if I like it, then I'll go buy the album if I do, no excuses.


    Comment

    • customstuff
      ♥C.S. + A.M.♥
      • Nov 2006
      • 4892

      #32
      Re: FL Studio

      What Fruityloops are you using? I have 3 and 7 demo...for three, all you do is click the PAT up thing, it will add another pattern! for 7 you have to right click on the PAT thing and a thing will come up and it will have different patterns on the side and click to make blocks... Ex: pat 1 ----
      pat2 ----
      pat3 ----
      It will play pattern 1 4 times, then pattern 2 4times, and then pattern 3 4 times.

      Hope that helps!!

      Originally posted by MrMagic5239
      Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
      Originally posted by customstuff
      Originally posted by MrMagic5239
      welcome to D6

      start playing

      Comment

      • Pyroshock
        ε=-dΦ/dt
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jul 2006
        • 1170

        #33
        Re: FL Studio

        Originally posted by Wlfwnd91
        FL is a great program, but I haven't been able to make the tracks longer than like...12 seconds long...So a bit off topic, could anyone help me with that? Cause I'd like to be able to make some actual tracks.

        But, yea, FL is very simple to use, I'd recommend it if you're just getting started, though I must say that I think Reason is much better if you chose you really enjoy making electronica tracks. And I'm not saying FL can't make great songs, cause as you've all mentioned, it's how you use the tools. However, if you've ever used Reason, you know it has a LOT more tools to use, which is why it's for a more sophisticated user.
        How can you comment on FL when you haven't even discovered the playlist yet?

        Plus, FL has the ability to have many more tools than Reason with VST. Last time I checked, Reason doesn't support VST. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Shox, as the last time I checked was Reason 2.5)

        EDIT: This is what the guy above me was trying to say:

        Look for this at the top:



        Click the button that I circled. Those "12-second" things you were talking about are called patterns. In the playlist you can lay down different patterns to loop. It should be self-explanatory from there.
        Last edited by Pyroshock; 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM.

        Comment

        • Wlfwnd91
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2006
          • 499

          #34
          Re: FL Studio

          Originally posted by Pyroshock
          How can you comment on FL when you haven't even discovered the playlist yet?

          Plus, FL has the ability to have many more tools than Reason with VST. Last time I checked, Reason doesn't support VST. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Shox, as the last time I checked was Reason 2.5)

          EDIT: This is what the guy above me was trying to say:

          Look for this at the top:



          Click the button that I circled. Those "12-second" things you were talking about are called patterns. In the playlist you can lay down different patterns to loop. It should be self-explanatory from there.
          Thank you both for the help >.< I made myself look like a serious noob there, but oh well. Thanks again!


          Comment

          • MooMoo_Cowfreak
            Abraxas Hydroplane
            • May 2006
            • 1746

            #35
            Re: FL Studio

            Geez, I figured that out on my own!
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

            post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

            Comment

            • Wlfwnd91
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2006
              • 499

              #36
              Re: FL Studio

              Originally posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak
              Geez, I figured that out on my own!
              >.> <.< Make me feel dumb why don't ya =( lol


              Comment

              • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                Abraxas Hydroplane
                • May 2006
                • 1746

                #37
                Re: FL Studio

                Originally posted by Wlfwnd91
                >.> <.< Make me feel dumb why don't ya =( lol
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                Comment

                • Wlfwnd91
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 499

                  #38
                  Re: FL Studio

                  eh..alright, so I know all about the playlists, I've known about em for a while, but I can't get them to transist without me clicking on the different playlists. And is there a way to have 2 playing at once or not? I know I'm an idiot, but help would be great >.<


                  Comment

                  • DarkbearX
                    Shimose
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 1995

                    #39
                    Re: FL Studio

                    If I construed your question correctly, the answer's this: Top the left of the play button on the top, you'll see two boxes, Pat and Song. Click song, and anything you've put into the playlist will play from beginning to end.
                    im gay
                    SRL Page
                    Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
                    D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

                    Comment

                    • Starshot
                      /DJS\
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 1794

                      #40
                      Re: FL Studio

                      Sadly, this is what a lot of people screw up on, drop FL Studio, and say "I could never get it."

                      Tis a pity.

                      Comment

                      • sleeplessdragn
                        ~Bang that beat Harder~
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 2321

                        #41
                        Re: FL Studio

                        I could never get it.

                        Comment

                        • Wlfwnd91
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 499

                          #42
                          Re: FL Studio

                          Originally posted by DarkbearX
                          If I construed your question correctly, the answer's this: Top the left of the play button on the top, you'll see two boxes, Pat and Song. Click song, and anything you've put into the playlist will play from beginning to end.
                          THANK YOU THANK YOU!


                          Comment

                          • iPatcH
                            Swamp Lemons Rule
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 3371

                            #43
                            Re: FL Studio

                            By the way, FL Studio 7 is very nice. I still don't understand the purpose of that new clip pattern feature though.
                            put on a donk on it

                            Comment

                            • Pyroshock
                              ε=-dΦ/dt
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 1170

                              #44
                              Re: FL Studio

                              Originally posted by iPatcH
                              By the way, FL Studio 7 is very nice. I still don't understand the purpose of that new clip pattern feature though.
                              Neither do I.

                              But I'm loving Parametric EQ 2.

                              Comment

                              • jewpinthethird
                                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Nov 2002
                                • 11711

                                #45
                                Re: FL Studio

                                Originally posted by iPatcH
                                By the way, FL Studio 7 is very nice. I still don't understand the purpose of that new clip pattern feature though.
                                If you have to ask you'll never know.

                                Comment

                                Working...