Mechanical Flower

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mi40
    ᅠ
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2008
    • 3655

    #31
    Re: Mechanical Flower

    as a bystander i'm going to say your music isn't appealing to me at all and that you should improve it according to what other people have to say

    there's a reason why nobody's stepped your shit even though you've spammed it in the batch discussion thread

    if you can't take criticism don't make music, nobody gets good instantly

    don't wanna work hard? don't wanna fix shit? don't get big

    Comment

    • Nullifidian
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2007
      • 1837

      #32
      Re: Mechanical Flower

      Originally posted by Zaevod
      Please do. I still think most of your criticism is a matter of taste, instead of actual technical problems, and I disagree with most of it. Many of the "problems" you pointed out were completely intentional, and many people have enjoyed them as they are. I'm not saying there aren't problems, but I'm sure there are lots of good things, too.
      You won't believe the amount of times I've heard this. Our resident coolboyrulez0 (we're buds no worries) for example used to have the same kind of defensive statements like you do towards me, but nowadays he sees what I'm talking about more and more. I get the same with people in my field of study (drawing and painting) and write off my understanding of say, anatomy as personal opinion. That is, until they understand anatomy themselves and are like oh oops.

      Originally posted by Zaevod
      You think you're the only one who has listened to music for many years? Don't you think you're being a bit too arrogant, here?
      I simply answered your question where my standards come from. If you want to be a dick about my answer, then go ahead see how that plays out.

      I'm compiling a list of songs right now so hold on.

      Comment

      • Zaevod
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2013
        • 385

        #33
        Re: Mechanical Flower

        Originally posted by mi40
        as a bystander i'm going to say your music isn't appealing to me at all and that you should improve it according to what other people have to say

        there's a reason why nobody's stepped your shit even though you've spammed it in the batch discussion thread

        if you can't take criticism don't make music, nobody gets good instantly

        don't wanna work hard? don't wanna fix shit? don't get big
        I'm working hard and I listen to criticism, it doesn't mean I have to accept absolutely everything people say. And you're an asshole.
        Last edited by Zaevod; 08-5-2013, 02:13 PM.
        https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/the-glimpse

        Comment

        • StoneMcKnuckle
          FFR Player
          • May 2011
          • 790

          #34
          Re: Mechanical Flower

          Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
          I don't know your previous works that well, but it very well could be that you're improving a lot.
          He just started writing and he's improving fast. I totally understand where you're coming from based on your situation tho ;p

          Originally posted by Zaevod
          I didn't seriously think I needed to study music theory until now.
          You seriously don't. I don't know any at all. You just need to get a grasp of what you're doing through trial, error and intuition.

          I can mirror most of the complaints in this thread though. I don't understand what the hell the melodies are doing, and sometimes it feels like the song takes an abrupt turn towards something completely different which weirds me out.

          EDIT: Also...

          Originally posted by Zaevod
          I ultimately find it very hard to take most of your criticism seriously (and I almost always take criticism very seriously)
          Not sure I agree with you here. You're extremely defensive when it comes to stuff you've composed, regardless of whether you're getting opinions or critique.
          I understand why you and many others do this, and it doesn't in any way make you a bad guy, but please don't try to brush criticism or even opinion off as dickery.
          Last edited by StoneMcKnuckle; 08-5-2013, 08:12 PM.

          Comment

          • mi40
            ᅠ
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2008
            • 3655

            #35
            Re: Mechanical Flower

            Originally posted by Zaevod
            I'm working hard and I listen to criticism, it doesn't mean I have to accept absolutely everything people say. And you're an asshole.
            i'm an asshole because i'm telling you i don't enjoy your music right

            see you in the non-music industry in 5 years peace

            Comment

            • Coolboyrulez0
              VICES
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2006
              • 10042

              #36
              Re: Mechanical Flower

              I'm not siding with everyone but I think you should be more open to criticisms.

              This is something I made over 2 years ago (Feb. 2011).
              While its hard to compare with yours I have grown a lot as an artist since and hope you can do so also but you need to be more open to the thoughts of others even if you might disagree initially.
              Keep practicing your craft -- you'll never stop learning. I have over 400 WIPs and unreleased songs of varying quality, length and potential since 2010 haha
              https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
              https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

              Comment

              • Zaevod
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2013
                • 385

                #37
                Re: Mechanical Flower

                Originally posted by mi40
                i'm an asshole because i'm telling you i don't enjoy your music right

                see you in the non-music industry in 5 years peace
                No, you're an asshole because you enjoy making people feel like shit, that's all.

                I get the complaints and I WILL try to improve, as always. Apparently I'm not even allowed to disagree with any form of criticism. I just though spitfire's comments weren't entirely fair, but if everyone agrees with him, of course I'm wrong. I was just surprised because I didn't think I was that bad.
                https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/the-glimpse

                Comment

                • Zaevod
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 385

                  #38
                  Re: Mechanical Flower

                  Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                  I'm not siding with everyone but I think you should be more open to criticisms.

                  This is something I made over 2 years ago (Feb. 2011).
                  While its hard to compare with yours I have grown a lot as an artist since and hope you can do so also but you need to be more open to the thoughts of others even if you might disagree initially.
                  Keep practicing your craft -- you'll never stop learning. I have over 400 WIPs and unreleased songs of varying quality, length and potential since 2010 haha
                  Thanks, I'll hear it when I get home. I'm sorry if I came across as too arrogant.
                  https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/the-glimpse

                  Comment

                  • Nullifidian
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 1837

                    #39
                    Re: Mechanical Flower

                    Here's a pretty big list. No skipping ahead in songs or you ruin certain build ups etc. etc.

                    Comment

                    • Zaevod
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 385

                      #40
                      Re: Mechanical Flower

                      I'll listen to Spitfire's playlist later.

                      Listening to CBR's old song now... It's terrible, lol :/

                      I'm composing for a bit less than 4 months now, hopefully I'll be much better after a year or so.
                      https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/the-glimpse

                      Comment

                      Working...