Do artists exist in this forum?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bubblechamber
    FFR Veteran
    • Apr 2009
    • 367

    #31
    Re: Do artists exist in this forum?

    Alexanderthedrake, that's a perfectly legitimate reason to not want to pay me the full 15k. I'm partially at wrong here. I just wish you'd said something earlier; I wouldn't have gotten angry about it, or thought you were a jerk. Criticism helps us get better. In fact, if you'd like a new background, I can make one for you, free of charge. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

    The others in this thread are right that I didn't draw the Protoss carrier; it's official art from the website. I made some changes to it so that it would fit as a background, mostly adding more stars, and messing with the color balance and transparency. You guys are right that they're not a whole lot of changes - now that I look at the picture, it looks too much like the official art with just the carrier. I should have done a lot more work on it.

    I'm not 100% sure on this, but based on what I've been elsewhere in the forums, it seems like using a picture that someone else drew as a base is acceptable, as long as there is sufficient work put into it to make it look like a separate work. Is this true? I'm not trying to argue that I did put enough work into mine, but I'd like to know if I allowed to use official art in backgrounds/banners at all. I'm not sure if I did plagiarize or not - there's a good chance I did, even if I made some changes. It wasn't intentional, and either way, I'm very embarrassed, and would like to apologize.

    tl;dr: Alexanderthedrake, would you like another background, or would you just like your credits back?

    Comment

    • Alexanderthedrake
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2007
      • 50

      #32
      Re: Do artists exist in this forum?

      thats not to say i don't like the background so if it's alright with you I want to use this background and u keep the credits that i gave u and then the rest is water under the bridge

      Comment

      • bubblechamber
        FFR Veteran
        • Apr 2009
        • 367

        #33
        Re: Do artists exist in this forum?

        Sure, that's fine with me. Sorry for turning this into a such big thing. Thanks for your understanding.

        Comment

        Working...