APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • senate7377
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2005
    • 137

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

    yeah...he's part of Root42, dunno how active he is there, but..thats neither here nor there. And considering they closed their apps, hes prolly been there for a bit. Depending on HOW active he is, hed recognize the site image I have done and be able to trace the comments on it. So I guess he deserve slightly more credit than I gave initially, but it scares me none. It'll be interesting if nothing else.

    Engh, its in good fun, with a bit of egotistical headbutting...the outcome has no real bearing on anything and will more than likely shuit neither one of us up... but... we've got 3 days to make a non functional site image to post.

    That said.... since we are both members of Root42...Id' think it unfair to get it pre-critiqued there, but wont make a deal of it if it happens, as Root42 is far more professional and maintained than here. Im not looking to piss the heavier members off there, at least ON there. However, if APERSON is a member of Hum Hum, then we can take it there too...but...Im not divulging my name on that board.

    Comment

    • aperson
      FFR Hall of Fame
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 3434

      #17
      Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

      Originally posted by senate7377
      Engh, its in good fun, with a bit of egotistical headbutting...the outcome has no real bearing on anything and will more than likely shuit neither one of us up... but... we've got 3 days to make a non functional site image to post.
      Yep. And people stop giving me so much fucking credit just cause I'm a regular at FFR. Webdesign is my weakest spot.

      That said.... since we are both members of Root42...Id' think it unfair to get it pre-critiqued there, but wont make a deal of it if it happens, as Root42 is far more professional and maintained than here. Im not looking to piss the heavier members off there, at least ON there. However, if APERSON is a member of Hum Hum, then we can take it there too...but...Im not divulging my name on that board.
      Yeah, and being that you're a member of theroot42 I definitely know what you talk about when you say typographical elitism (cough carbon4 )




      Edit: Also, I'm not going to be putting this up anywhere for critique before-hand so don't worry about that.

      Comment

      • senate7377
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2005
        • 137

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

        I sitll wouldnt take it to hum hum, at least not THIS....those are some industry pioneers on there... I rarely speak on that board (HUM HUM) in anyeven on Root42 I'm, as you may have figured out - ejronin...anyway, I'm taking to day to figureout MY look for "SHUTYOURHOLE.COM"...and on a professional end note, sans sarcasm - I wish you luck.

        Comment

        • aperson
          FFR Hall of Fame
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 3434

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

          Heh, I've already started with the layout and have my two base colors. Like the name, they're vivid and in your face.

          Comment

          • flypie743
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2004
            • 3210

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

            I can't wait to see both of these layouts.

            IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

            Comment

            • tnyhwk900
              FFR Player
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4106

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

              Senate might win this round just because he does web design professionally.

              AP will murder him everywhere else, though. His "The Birth Seovine" is eons ahead of anything I've seen senate do.

              Comment

              • senate7377
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2005
                • 137

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                LOL...uh huh... time will tell there buddy. I've started as well... what kind of slouch wold you think I am if I didnt start today too? :P

                ...and...Its not a profession, I do it freelance ad only for 4 months -or- since I started heavily using Photoshop. I aslo dont like grunge or abstract, so my design will be that of a professional site. Juding may be hard since this medium has no real ONE way to do it. However, the loser WILL apologize for total under-estimation of the other. Im not above saying Im wrong when proven as such.

                EDIT: and I dont do much of the 2d things, as I said Im mainly 3d art, animation and a DJ. Web design and dev is where I want to go. so this beingthe weaker of the media betwixt the two people, its going to be interesting to see the ideas behind it...and you've only seen unfinish and unpolished works...

                Comment

                • flypie743
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3210

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                  There should be 3 rounds, IMO. Just so we can see everything you guys can do.

                  One round in a competition is dumb :<

                  IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                  Comment

                  • senate7377
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 137

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                    thats up to APERSON. but it needs to be three days per design. With design, youmay like to today, but hate it tomorrow. Its something I do all the time. I'll like a layout now, but tomorrow be like 'this is feces to the Nth power - BAH arvert thine eyes!", i f however I like it for more than two days I consider it for actual work. Im not sure of the style APERSON goes by, but Im assuming grunge and abtract since it was a heavily played theme in most of his works. If you want to go three rounds, I suggest one item in all three areas that wwere orginally challenged upon:

                    *3d
                    *2d
                    *web

                    I'll admit I'll more than likely lose 2d, but I would bet my estate on my 3d skills. Doing so would play on each artist strenghts and weaknesses provided that we do ech piece from scratch, with, as stated 3 days time each round...and again, thats up to APERSON.

                    Comment

                    • senate7377
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 137

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                      I'll create a new thread to post the submissions into so that people dont have to fish though stuff to see everything.

                      Comment

                      • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                        Threat Emulation
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2004
                        • 5184

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                        Wow this looks interesting. I can't wait to see what you guys submit.

                        Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                        I'm light f**king darkness

                        Comment

                        • Cj_leonine
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 2070

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                          Hmmm. Imma keep up on this. I wanna see whats gonna happen.
                          Status: Innactive Onehander

                          Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                            it's been three days

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                              *Uses Paint*

                              But seriously, if you were to try to take your "skillz" to matting a print for framing, I'd own you, considering that's my job.

                              Oh, and I bet Aperson is going to win, since he knows of his own skill capability and can determine the skills of others from first glance.

                              ~Squeek

                              Comment

                              • senate7377
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 137

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: APERSON WANTED TO WHAT?

                                I like paint, its better with brush textures than PS, but PS isnt for "painting" hence the program title. I'm sure you can own me in print and matte... I dont do that so its not an area I do things in. That was a cmpletely irrelevant statement, but w/e. If he can determine skills of others nad so on .. you'll want ot read my mock site for the competition...

                                Aperson challeneged me on three levels - web, 3d, and 2d. I'm pretty confident I got two of the three

                                Comment

                                Working...