If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brycexx
    FFR Veteran
    • Oct 2006
    • 438

    #16
    Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

    I would have taken care of my throwing arm better instead of keeping my mouth shut about it hurting and abusing pain pills to make it through games that I pitched in. I'd still be playing baseball
    Very Challenging AAA'S
    Turbulence

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #17
      Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

      Originally posted by darkshark
      I would have never quit my job to go stay with my girlfriend. It ruined my credit, and I became an emotional wreck from not having an income source for almost 6 months. I'm still recovering from the repercussions of it more than 2 years later.
      Ruined your credit how? Defaulting?

      But yeah not having an income source is a mind-numbingly awful experience. Before my current job, I had been searching for like 6 months in a down economy (to be fair, I had to be picky). One of the worst feelings ever -- lack of control/freedom.

      Comment

      • AsphyxZero
        Banned
        • Oct 2010
        • 1823

        #18
        Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

        My entire childhood.

        Comment

        • PlayTrumpet
          Lamingtons.
          • May 2007
          • 590

          #19
          Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

          Tough question, since there are plenty of things we all wish we could change. Acknowledging that even though it's not extremely pointed to look back on my mistakes or my past in general, I'd say a mistake I would like to go back and correct would rest in my college applications.

          I should have applied to and auditioned for more schools. I knew the schools at which I should have auditioned, but only auditioned at 3 out of the 6-7 of them (4 schools applied to total). Based on the admissions, I now know I would've easily been accepted to what I thought would be my "second" choices, but are now choices above my current school. And I wish I could've told myself in the past that I would've preferred school in the city. Being worried about life in the city kept me away from applying to a few schools.. =\
          HIGH-FIVING A MILLION ANGELS!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • darkshark
            Nothing.
            • Nov 2004
            • 4189

            #20
            Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

            Originally posted by Reincarnate
            Ruined your credit how? Defaulting?

            But yeah not having an income source is a mind-numbingly awful experience. Before my current job, I had been searching for like 6 months in a down economy (to be fair, I had to be picky). One of the worst feelings ever -- lack of control/freedom.
            I simply didn't pay any of my bills, and at the time I had quite a few. Car loan, credit cards, phone bill, etc.

            The only income I had coming in was from freelance work, and that was few and far between at that time, and anything I earned from that went towards living. Eventually had to go beg for my job back.

            Comment

            • leonid
              I am leonid
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Oct 2008
              • 8080

              #21
              Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

              I wouldn't change my past; my life is fine enough as of now.



              Proud member of Team No

              Comment

              • Emithith
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2008
                • 1784

                #22
                Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                One thing? Hmm, that's a hard one. I for one probably would've liked to have never met my dad. We've had to move numerous times because of it and even now I have to put up with the crap. *sigh* Life isn't gonna change that simply though.

                Comment

                • RB_Quackies
                  FFR Veteran
                  • May 2007
                  • 220

                  #23
                  Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                  Originally posted by Emithith
                  I for one probably would've liked to have never met my dad.
                  I had a terrible past with my father as well, and I'd rather not go into details but a "sober" and "different" man contacted me last year, first time even hearing of his existence in over four years, and I could probably say it was a big mistake to meet him as well.

                  However, that probably isn't what I'd change, if anything it would probably be not seeking help for depression or (insert something illegal / father related), because throughout my teen years it absolutely tore me apart. I have to admit, I would not have been as mature if it never happened, but I just wish I could go back to slap myself in the face and say "STUPID. STOP THIS."

                  Comment

                  • Cold Kitten
                    i love (purple things)
                    • May 2009
                    • 1341

                    #24
                    Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                    Everything. End of story.


                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                    Comment

                    • AlexDest
                      good hot
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 5309

                      #25
                      Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                      Of course I've had a horrible past (with family, school, etc.) but I wouldn't want to remorse, neither would I think about wanting to change that. I'm happy with the way I am and I plan on staying like that for everyday of my life.

                      But if I were to change something in the past, it would be my shyness. I have such an urge to talk about stuff but it just stays trapped inside me.
                      Last edited by AlexDest; 04-7-2011, 07:26 PM.

                      Comment

                      • iironiic
                        D6 FFR Legacy Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 4342

                        #26
                        Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                        Originally posted by AlexDest
                        Of course I've had a horrible past (with family, school, etc.) but I wouldn't want to remorse, neither would I think about wanting to change that. I'm happy with the way I am and I plan on staying like that for everyday of my life.
                        Alex, you make me happy :] I wish I could see life that way.

                        Comment

                        • Syhto
                          BuMP it
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 2466

                          #27
                          Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                          world war 2!!!!
                          Originally posted by ~jrodd
                          keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                          Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                          I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                          Comment

                          • Patricoo
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 432

                            #28
                            Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                            I probably would have spent all the time spent on posting useless things on message boards and put that into reading a book or two.

                            Comment

                            • Staiain
                              Can't handle my ÆØÅ
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 4545

                              #29
                              Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                              I'd definitely wanted to learn a language or two






                              irc.rizon.net | #kbo - Come chat!BlueXoon is back
                              SM Wiki My

                              Comment

                              • rsr2
                                Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
                                • Oct 2004
                                • 1386

                                #30
                                Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

                                I have two that I would change in a heart beat.

                                1. Took High School more seriously. My mom always wanted me to maintain A's in school. But it slipped away on my Freshman year in High School. My GPA after that was around 1.3. I never really cared for it until my Psychology teacher inspired me to do better. But it was late in my Junior year where I started to take school seriously. First half of my Junior year was 2.4 GPA. Second half was 4.0 and I got a 26 on my SAT's (Stupid math screwing me over >_>) and my Michigan Merit Exams I scored 4th of the class. Then Senior year, I maintained a 4.0 GPA. I just wished I did this throughout my entire High School so that it would give me better opportunities like my friend have now.

                                2. Get my driver's license. I got my permit because everyone did and I wanted to drive. But I just never got my license because my family was too poor to afford a car so I had no need for it. Eventually my dad found a job and I did too to help support. However, it was really tough getting to work without a car or a license. But eventually we moved away and I still haven't gotten it. However one main reason is I am afraid. I have been in 6 accidents in my life (recently was last month and I chipped two teeth) so I am just afraid to drive because I don't want to hold responsibility on myself because I feel it's a lot of pressure to drive and keep everyone safe considering anything can happen. I know this may seem weird but I am just really afraid of harming anyone even if it isn't my fault in anyway. However if I did get my license when I had the chance, I wouldn't be so afraid. When I drove I enjoyed it, but that long break that I didn't drive or cared, made me afraid. I know I will get it eventually, it's trying to convince myself everything will be okay, is something that will take time.
                                Originally posted by MrGiggles
                                "You shouldn't believe what everyone says about me. I took a shower with my cousin, once. And I have racist thoughts."

                                Comment

                                Working...