Re: A swimsuit that can be worn near water, not in water
I'd like to see some sales statistics on this thing. People who are into fashion enough to merit a one thousand dollar purchase on a bathing suit, should probably have a good enough sense of fashion to steer clear of this one.
Re: A swimsuit that can be worn near water, not in water
You'd be surprised, DS. People with enough money to burn will blow it on all sorts of stupid shit. Here in NYC, I have friends who work at high-end fashion retailers and the stuff they sell is the kind of clothing that people wouldn't normally wear otherwise. The mere fact that someone can say "I paid $2000 for this random thing from Such And Such" is a status signal. Of course, it also signals great insecurity, but that's for another discussion.
Value is ultimately a function of utility, but it's a shame to see so much money wasted on pure crap. Utility is one thing -- but short-lived, fleeting utility at a high price is depressing.
Re: A swimsuit that can be worn near water, not in water
Originally posted by Reincarnate
People with enough money to burn will blow it on all sorts of stupid shit.
Absolutely - when there are people who value their friends going "wow" more than they value $1000, stuff like this gets bought by the truckloads. It's too bad, but then again, if you don't waste your money on dumb stuff like this, you can be way better off than people with the same income. So I can't really complain
Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
Best SDG: PANTS (86)
Best FC: Future Invasion (93)
Re: A swimsuit that can be worn near water, not in water
Reminds me of all the clothing in the "swimwear" portion of any beauty plangent. I'd like to see those girls put their $1000+ piece of "swimwear" in the dirty, salty ocean.
Comment