19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MrRubix
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2026
    • 8340

    #61
    Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

    Originally posted by demonllama6124
    someone should change their name to Chopoffchickenheads and then meet with the girl.lol

    lmao
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #62
      Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Fish aren't that much like humans at all. Frogs are much closer. Pigs are even more like humans.

      Insects aren't like us at all, and would be incredibly difficult to cut open and look at the insides of.

      Also: overgeneralization.
      Argh. You're making such hypocritical statements that it's not even funny anymore.

      Afro 1: You can cut open anything and learn everything about every species.

      Afro 2: No you can't.

      It's not about opting out of knowledge. Like I said, I have knowlege of the insides of a human being, but did I get this knowledge by cutting open a human? Knowledge is easily obtained by practice, but it is not necessarily needed.

      See, there is theory and there is practice. If the student has reservations about cutting open an animal, they can learn the subject matter in a less hands on way. The only case I would say they should be FORCED to participate is if the course is an elective course and they are CHOOSING to down that academic path.
      So why wouldn't every student take the hands-off way then? I mean, it'll be the easy way out. You're missing the point. If one person can do it, everybody can do it. And if this is high school, everybody will do it.


      Let me tell you, most of the things I learned in Chemistry, I learned without practical application. Even the things where we pulled out the goggles and the chemicals, these were just ways of showing off an application of the knowledge we had just learned in the lecture before.

      Also, that's an entirely different situation. You may think of a dead animal as the same as inorganic chemicals, but I assure you, most people do not. Most people put life up on a pedestal, even life that is no longer living.
      People learn things in Chemistry? I sure didn't.

      My entire point is that most people don't have a problem with dissection. Sure, girls may be squeamish, but it passes. It's just a natural part of science and understanding the world around us.

      Every dissected animal died of natural causes. Now, you can leave it to flies and decomposition to make it disappear from the world, or you can allow millions of kids the experience to actually learn something about the world. There's nothing inhumane about cutting open an animal that died of natural causes for the sake of scientific knowledge.

      I can't even believe you're trying to defend a girl who supports PETA. PETA is the worst organization in our country, littered with extremists who will do anything to get themselves recognized for being retarded. Not only that, but PETA actively supports terrorism as a means of getting its message across.

      Comment

      • welsh_girl
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2004
        • 1366

        #63
        Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

        PETA are a bunch of assholes, and this girl is just a complete dumb **** for doing that.

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #64
          Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

          Originally posted by Squeek
          Argh. You're making such hypocritical statements that it's not even funny anymore.

          Afro 1: You can cut open anything and learn everything about every species.

          Afro 2: No you can't.
          There's a difference between a "hypocritical statement" and a contradictory one.

          In addition, I take offense to you going out of your way to call it hypocritical because of the implication that I am a hypocrite. You know, this is the second time today I've been attacked personally for no good reason... I don't appreciate this.

          So why wouldn't every student take the hands-off way then? I mean, it'll be the easy way out. You're missing the point. If one person can do it, everybody can do it. And if this is high school, everybody will do it.
          Your train of logic falls apart at the first step. "Why wouldn't every student take the hands-off way?" Because not all students have a moral opposition to it.

          And before you try to pick this apart, no, your opinions of morality are irrelevant here. Morals are subjective; just because you think something isn't immoral doesn't mean that it's not immoral to others.

          People learn things in Chemistry? I sure didn't.
          Whether you consider Chemistry worthwhile or not doesn't affect the things you learned in the class. This has nothing to do with the fundamental argument that you think it is a good idea to force dissection on students who do not wish to be involved in it.

          My entire point is that most people don't have a problem with dissection. Sure, girls may be squeamish, but it passes. It's just a natural part of science and understanding the world around us.
          "Natural" or not, there is no reason such a thing should be forced upon a student, particularly one who is only in the class out of obligation. There are plenty of things you may feel are "natural" that others do not wish to be a part of; do you really feel it is appropriate to force these experiences on these individuals because you feel it is "natural"?

          Every dissected animal died of natural causes. Now, you can leave it to flies and decomposition to make it disappear from the world, or you can allow millions of kids the experience to actually learn something about the world. There's nothing inhumane about cutting open an animal that died of natural causes for the sake of scientific knowledge.
          That's not the only concern people have about it. Like I said, people put life on a pedestal, regardless of whether that life is living, killed, or died of natural causes.

          I can't even believe you're trying to defend a girl who supports PETA. PETA is the worst organization in our country, littered with extremists who will do anything to get themselves recognized for being retarded. Not only that, but PETA actively supports terrorism as a means of getting its message across.
          I'm not defending her. She is of the stance that it's outright wrong to do it, and I do not agree with that. I'm saying that people should be given the choice on a case-by-case basis.

          Comment

          • tangomango
            FFR Player
            • May 2007
            • 1134

            #65
            Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

            That whole article just made me lol.

            Originally posted by OnixRose
            after a good laugh, I thought that this site better not be serious. It actually makes me angry to think that people could be so stupid.
            There was a girl once in my biology class that seriously believed that plants could think and feel. Amazing.

            Comment

            • kirjautunut
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2007
              • 395

              #66
              Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

              dunno if that is dumb or really wise thing what human mind cannot understand.
              I will catch you.

              Comment

              • stretchypanda
                shock me shock me
                • Sep 2004
                • 4123

                #67
                Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                The misconceptions that are uncovered in Biology would amaze you.

                Like when a student refused to let me move on when I stated that humans are animals.

                Comment

                • hi19hi19
                  lol happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 12194

                  #68
                  Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                  I love stupid people, except when they get in my way.


                  Comment

                  • championanwar
                    Ask Nuro! x3
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 2588

                    #69
                    Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                    Originally posted by stretchypanda
                    The misconceptions that are uncovered in Biology would amaze you.

                    Like when a student refused to let me move on when I stated that humans are animals.
                    Was that in protest, or just plain misbehaving?

                    Originally posted by aperson
                    all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
                    aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
                    aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
                    Click Here

                    Comment

                    • Nyokou
                      ( ̄ー ̄)
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 4247

                      #70
                      Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                      The pig I dissected last year did not die of natural causes. My biology teacher even told me that it was raised just to be dissected. I find that sick and disturbing... and to think that cats may even be in the same situation makes me even angrier.
                      Snapchat: icequeenilse

                      Comment

                      • Crashfan3
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 2937

                        #71
                        Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                        I'm a bit squeamish, so when we dissected squids in the eighth grade, I brought a vomit bag. Didn't need it, cutting that little bitch apart was actually quite pleasing.

                        /me really hopes some animal activist reads this post

                        Comment

                        • Tokzic
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 6878

                          #72
                          Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                          Originally posted by Nyokou
                          The pig I dissected last year did not die of natural causes. My biology teacher even told me that it was raised just to be dissected. I find that sick and disturbing... and to think that cats may even be in the same situation makes me even angrier.
                          There are lots of little kitties and froggies and piggies out there, and nobody's going to miss one, especially if it's going to use.

                          Knowledge matters more than animal lives, sorry.

                          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                          Comment

                          • x After Dawn x
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 1613

                            #73
                            Re: 19-year old girl from North Carolina changes name to PETA's "CutoutDissection.com

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            I love stupid people, except when they get in my way.
                            haha siggy'd.
                            Originally posted by Djr Rap dancer
                            Alcohol make peoples retard.
                            Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
                            Just take nicotine patch lol

                            Comment

                            Working...