Any golfers or tennis players?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • reptile3141
    FFR Veteran
    • Dec 2006
    • 927

    #16
    Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

    I've been playing tennis for a little over four years now. Good stuff, good stuff. ^_^
    Originally posted by [TeRa]
    Ahhh, I'll buy it at a high price!

    Comment

    • SulferDragon
      this is a waste of space
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2007
      • 2668

      #17
      Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

      Originally posted by Kairon
      I play miniature golf.

      I don't like regular golf. The holes are way too far away and there are no windmills.
      lol

      None of the miniature golf courses around me have windmills. I don't think I've ever been to one that has had one. =/


      Comment

      • flipsta_lombax
        Lombax Connoisseur
        • May 2006
        • 2556

        #18
        Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

        Tennis player for 10 years = ohai, I love tennis. I need work on my serves still, but I get a decent amount of aces. Slices are easy on my backhand but forehand needs conditioning (I am trying to go from flat to top-spin, but it's how I started). I wish I was a pro volley player instead of being pro at the base line.
        Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

        Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

        Comment

        • travman301
          #swagdog
          • Mar 2004
          • 2641

          #19
          Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

          Baseline play is way more preferable than net play imo.

          Comment

          • lxDestinyxl
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2006
            • 3247

            #20
            Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

            I find racquet sports fun. I play Squash pretty decently every fortnight, and Tennis twice a week when the ISA tournaments are on. My best ace streak, I think, is three, which I think is pretty good if you ask me.
            I plan on taking golf up for a try. I don't know how far this will take me, but I'm a very good putter

            Comment

            • Killer Andreas
              Member
              • May 2008
              • 38

              #21
              Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

              My freshman and Sophomore years of high school i was on the schools golf team. I started shooting about double par, yeah i sucked, but by the end of my sophomore year I was shooting like right around par. But then i decided that money was more important than golf so I got a job and quit the golf team. Now I'm back right where I was shooting about double par. Golf is one of those games that if you don't play it, you loose it.

              Comment

              • blurr34
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 8

                #22
                Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                Yeah i played on my freshman and sophomore team as well and i was shooting like around double or triple bogey every hole. I kept playing and as a senior i was shooting in the low 40's consistently for 9 holes. I got a job on a golf course after high school and my scoring went down. Now after playing for about 4 years my handicap is about a 5 and i shoot in the high 30's for 9 and mid to high 70's for 18. Golf is also one of those games where if you practice and practice you can still suck at it.

                Comment

                • infinity.
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 1701

                  #23
                  Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                  Originally posted by BarberFloyd
                  i LOOOVE TENNIS

                  effin high school varsity team, private club member.
                  so much fun, i'm not as obsessed as i used to be, but i still play about every three days.
                  This summer = EVERY DAY ON THE COURT
                  i got a prince o-zone

                  Here's my racquet
                  i love o-zones, i just never understood the purpose of the round hole tops, teammates say they break easy

                  Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
                  Tennis player for 10 years = ohai, I love tennis. I need work on my serves still, but I get a decent amount of aces. Slices are easy on my backhand but forehand needs conditioning (I am trying to go from flat to top-spin, but it's how I started). I wish I was a pro volley player instead of being pro at the base line.
                  Nobody is ever done working on serves xD
                  I've been hitting a super consistant first serve recently, and I still feel like it will never be good enough.
                  I've never been able to stick to one part of the game either, I primarily play baseline, but I rush net probably a good third of my points.

                  Originally posted by lxDestinyxl
                  I find racquet sports fun. I play Squash pretty decently every fortnight, and Tennis twice a week when the ISA tournaments are on. My best ace streak, I think, is three, which I think is pretty good if you ask me.
                  I plan on taking golf up for a try. I don't know how far this will take me, but I'm a very good putter
                  You seem loaded man,
                  I've never counted my aces, but i'd love to see your serve (unless you were playing some amateur :P)

                  Originally posted by blurr34
                  Yeah i played on my freshman and sophomore team as well and i was shooting like around double or triple bogey every hole. I kept playing and as a senior i was shooting in the low 40's consistently for 9 holes. I got a job on a golf course after high school and my scoring went down. Now after playing for about 4 years my handicap is about a 5 and i shoot in the high 30's for 9 and mid to high 70's for 18. Golf is also one of those games where if you practice and practice you can still suck at it.
                  oh man. I completely agree with you. There are those days where you just go out and can't do anything right, I mean, i'll have days that are high 40's and i've actually hit 50 one time this year, sadly. Golf is much more mental than other spots imo.
                  signatures are for nerds

                  nerds

                  Comment

                  • blurr34
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 8

                    #24
                    Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                    what kind of clubs you got Infinity?

                    oh and another thing about golf that i don't like. Its expensive >.<

                    Comment

                    • megamon88
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 2567

                      #25
                      Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                      I play golf. I think I'm decent at it, like breaking 100 consistently (I'm only 14). I'm trying out for my school's golf team tomorrow. It's varsity though, so I'll be going against some seniors, and I'm a freshman. I highly doubt I'll make it. I play quite often, almost once every week, but I think I've hit a wall, at least for the clubs I'm using. They're ladies clubs from when I was 12.

                      As for tennis, I suck. I only go out to play every once in a while with my friends.

                      Comment

                      • infinity.
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 1701

                        #26
                        Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                        Originally posted by blurr34
                        what kind of clubs you got Infinity?

                        oh and another thing about golf that i don't like. Its expensive >.<
                        I actually don't have nice clubs,
                        I originally had a set of Acuity irons, two hybrids, three woods and a putter (irons inculding wedges obviously), but i have a Big Bertha II driver (410cc iirc) it might not be 460, but i like it a lot.

                        what do you use?


                        I'd have much nicer, but i have to pay for my own things.

                        My buddy has customized a full set this year (burner 460cc driver, taylormade putter, taylormade irons, burner 3 wood, taylormade 3 iron hybrid) and he's buying a new $500 driver for christmas

                        all the people on the golf team are like that except me, really rich and stuff
                        Last edited by infinity.; 09-9-2008, 01:59 PM.
                        signatures are for nerds

                        nerds

                        Comment

                        • blurr34
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 8

                          #27
                          Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                          Originally posted by megamon88
                          I play golf. I think I'm decent at it, like breaking 100 consistently (I'm only 14). I'm trying out for my school's golf team tomorrow. It's varsity though, so I'll be going against some seniors, and I'm a freshman. I highly doubt I'll make it. I play quite often, almost once every week, but I think I've hit a wall, at least for the clubs I'm using. They're ladies clubs from when I was 12.

                          As for tennis, I suck. I only go out to play every once in a while with my friends.
                          its cool that your at least trying out for your team so you can get some experience. Its fun just don't worry too much about how your opponent is playing and just play your own game. Yeah, having the right sticks will diffidently help your game in the long run if you do decide to go on with golf.

                          Comment

                          • infinity.
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 1701

                            #28
                            Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                            Originally posted by blurr34
                            its cool that your at least trying out for your team so you can get some experience. Its fun just don't worry too much about how your opponent is playing and just play your own game. Yeah, having the right sticks will diffidently help your game in the long run if you do decide to go on with golf.
                            yeah, try to expose yourself mega, play in local tournaments and stuff.
                            i did this larry gilbert tour thing, where kids 14-19 play tournaments twice a week at different places, it was great for experience.

                            also playing for the high school is good for setting up a routine.
                            signatures are for nerds

                            nerds

                            Comment

                            • blurr34
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8

                              #29
                              Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                              Originally posted by Infinity.
                              I actually don't have nice clubs,
                              I originally had a set of Acuity irons, two hybrids, three woods and a putter (irons inculding wedges obviously), but i have a Big Bertha II driver (410cc iirc) it might not be 460, but i like it a lot.

                              what do you use?


                              I'd have much nicer, but i have to pay for my own things.

                              My buddy has customized a full set this year (burner 460cc driver, taylormade putter, taylormade irons, burner 3 wood, taylormade 3 iron hybrid) and he's buying a new $500 driver for christmas

                              all the people on the golf team are like that except me, really rich and stuff
                              I feel ya lol. I had a Crappy set that i got with my own money when i played my first year which was a full set of Dunlops from Wallmart haha. I always felt like i had the crappy set when i went to matches because my only cool club was my drive that i could not even hit which was a Taylormade r460 or something like that. As i started saving up for money i slowly started getting my complete set.

                              Now i have a Ping g5 stiff 9 degree driver
                              - ping g10 3 wood 15.5 degree stiff
                              - Adams 2 iron hybrid 16 degree stiff
                              -4-pitching ping s58 blades
                              - 56 and 52 degree titleist Vokey wedges
                              - crappy 60 degree which i barley use
                              and a standard ping anser putter.( the one that is blue) forgot what the year it is.

                              Im pretty happy with my set =)

                              Comment

                              • blurr34
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 8

                                #30
                                Re: Any golfers or tennis players?

                                Originally posted by Infinity.
                                yeah, try to expose yourself mega, play in local tournaments and stuff.
                                i did this larry gilbert tour thing, where kids 14-19 play tournaments twice a week at different places, it was great for experience.

                                also playing for the high school is good for setting up a routine.
                                Yeah i wish that my dad introduced me to golf when i was a little younger. i was such a basketball player that i didn't care about golf. My stupid college doesn't even have a golf team so I'm basically just playing at different courses to keep my game up. i really want to get back into the environment with matches and such but I'm waiting to be a scratch golfer before i get into some tournaments around where i live. Just have fun and don't get mad or hard on yourself like a see a lot of people doing. It only makes golf more difficult.

                                Comment

                                Working...