Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Phynx
    I'm Forever
    • Mar 2007
    • 3005

    #31
    Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

    Originally posted by footbull3196
    I didn't say they meant everything, it's just that, when a lot of people know you, they'll vote for you, whether you whore the votes or not. Just saying...

    EDIT: and i completely forgot about phynx, because he is extremely generous. Thx for the tourney and subbie phynx.

    Is phynx good at FFR the Game though? This also has to do with ideas for the actual game and contributions to that, which Sprite- did do.
    Ah yes, I'm am godly at the game. :P Actually I suck but I'm decent.

    Originally posted by HammyMcSquirrel
    Honestly, out of those choices (and including Phynx) I would say Sprite. I believe he's contributed in the best way to this site. Phynx has had the extra money to do what he's doing that a lot of us simply can't spare. (In case people get the wrong impression, I do believe he's doing a very kind thing.) I just feel that what Sprite has done for this site holds a greater meaning that you just don't get from giving out credits and cash. He wasn't modded for nothing.

    Just my opinion on all of this.
    To clear something up, I don't have a lot of moneyz. I have EXTRA yes, but I'm FARRRR from richz. To be honest, my total net worth right now is.... $342 after this tournament XD XD XD But I make a good fair amount per paycheck so it all works out.

    As for who has contributed most to the site, non-admin wise, I would go with Sprite-... maybe. I don't know, probably though.








    P.S. - I'm FAARRRRRRRRRRR from being the greatest contributor to this site. I only make people happy and I kind of only have helped people when they're having a hard time. :/ I haven't done much to "contribute" to the site in terms of forum moderation and donations and stuff. D:
    Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

    Comment

    • Netjet!
      Sic itur ad astra
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2008
      • 4701

      #32
      Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

      No one's said emerald. He's contributed plenty of money into running FFR through his shop, and is very generous. Also phynx is awesome too. The above ones are cool too!
      RIP Steve Van Ness <3

      Comment

      • Phynx
        I'm Forever
        • Mar 2007
        • 3005

        #33
        Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

        Originally posted by Netjet!
        No one's said emerald. He's contributed plenty of money into running FFR through his shop, and is very generous. Also phynx is awesome too. The above ones are cool too!
        Oh yes, and Emerald... he's richz.
        Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #34
          Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

          the OP seriously fails at thread making. the rest of the posters in this thread have at least done a decent job recovering it.

          Because I'm curious... why do you all say Sprite? This isn't an "i disagree" or even an "i agree"... just interested to hear why. Since many of you have said Sprite, yet few actually list reasons. Just, "because he does so much stuff."

          I think all of our moderator staff does an amazing job, and we couldn't have such a great community without them.

          As far as users who are completely selfless and are not full staff members... jimerax and emerald would be my current top2. i'm fairly confident in the fact that none of you realize how much stuff jx does for the site. because he doesn't advertise it. and he isn't a full mod anywhere on the site either. he's also been doing it for almost 5 years now. many other people have been very generous, have contributed a lot... but few have done it consistently for 5 years straight without disappearing for a year or two in between.
          RIP

          Comment

          • Phynx
            I'm Forever
            • Mar 2007
            • 3005

            #35
            Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
            the OP seriously fails at thread making. the rest of the posters in this thread have at least done a decent job recovering it.

            Because I'm curious... why do you all say Sprite? This isn't an "i disagree" or even an "i agree"... just interested to hear why. Since many of you have said Sprite, yet few actually list reasons. Just, "because he does so much stuff."

            I think all of our moderator staff does an amazing job, and we couldn't have such a great community without them.

            As far as users who are completely selfless and are not full staff members... jimerax and emerald would be my current top2. i'm fairly confident in the fact that none of you realize how much stuff jx does for the site. because he doesn't advertise it. and he isn't a full mod anywhere on the site either. he's also been doing it for almost 5 years now. many other people have been very generous, have contributed a lot... but few have done it consistently for 5 years straight without disappearing for a year or two in between.
            Agree. As for why Sprite... well you know, I guess I just bandwagoned because he's my best friend on FFR so I thought it'd be cool to vote him. :P My second choice would go to DrugstoreCowboy... fuggin' pwnt.
            Last edited by Phynx; 09-2-2008, 08:35 PM.
            Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

            Comment

            • Sullyman2007
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2007
              • 1663

              #36
              Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

              To be honest.. Sprite is awesome and all.. and I know he put TONS of time into the Official Tourney, but other than that he hasn't done much. Other than be an awesome mod
              (Not slamming on you Sprite just building conversation. still love u bby)

              I'm still sticking with DrugstoreCowboy on this one. Even though I don't see him around anymore... I still think he deserves a lot of credit.

              Comment

              • fido123
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 4245

                #37
                Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                I am ****ing god
                thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you


                Seriously I said this in the OP's last two threads. I couldn't have put it better myself.

                Comment

                • Shashakiro
                  TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 9082

                  #38
                  Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                  Out of those choices in particular, Sprite by far. But those choices are pretty bad overall. Putting a staff member with a bunch of non-staff members in a thread about who contributes the most, lmao.

                  For non-staff? emerald, almost certainly. JX as well, but he's staff (and effectively a forum mod without ban power, as he has mod in all the forums he ever vists with regularity). I believe JX is the only staff member without a green or red name, but he has access to Staff Forum.

                  For staff, I don't really know. Subtract developers and it's definitely Tass, though.
                  4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                  Originally posted by Boogiebear
                  use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                  Comment

                  • Plan_Bsk81127
                    snooches
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 6420

                    #39
                    Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                    none of them, Emerald and Phynx are the best!

                    Comment

                    • Heartseeker7
                      Untz Untz Untz Untz
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 571

                      #40
                      Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                      Emerald for dumping soooo much cash into this site.
                      Im pretty sure everyone loves him.
                      Originally posted by Phynx
                      I'm a total asshole, if I had the chance to shove a razor blade dildo up your ass... I would... and I'd laugh while doing it.

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #41
                        Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                        if you want staff... it's still me. the coders don't know what to do if i don't tell them... heh. but i still love them very much. <3.

                        and phynx: what you say is true. but you continue to do nothing but flaunt it. being generous without being humble is... well... to some people it seems like you may be trying to buy popularity or fame or something to that effect. ulterior motives, you may call it.
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • Phynx
                          I'm Forever
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 3005

                          #42
                          Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                          if you want staff... it's still me. the coders don't know what to do if i don't tell them... heh. but i still love them very much. <3.

                          and phynx: what you say is true. but you continue to do nothing but flaunt it. being generous without being humble is... well... to some people it seems like you may be trying to buy popularity or fame or something to that effect. ulterior motives, you may call it.
                          I'll admit Tass, I do flaunt it some, but I'm modest about it. I'm not purposely trying to buy popularity, regardless of how much I'm getting out of what I'm doing. Anyone can give to the site as much as Emerald or I have and everyone will know about it. Regardless of flaunting. If I ever have in some for stated "yeah, I'm this awesome guy on FFR who gives stuff away for free" then it would be because the community has told me so. You know, I've given a decent amount here, to FFR AND the community and I tend not to stop, if that ultimately results in people hating me because they think I'm just trying to be popular, so be it, I won't stop trying to lighten peoples lives up. Happiness is something hard to come by in the form that people have shown me after I've "helped" them here.
                          Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

                          Comment

                          • Phynx
                            I'm Forever
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 3005

                            #43
                            Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                            Originally posted by KgZ
                            pretty much just ****ed yourself right here.

                            also,



                            yeah okay
                            It's a title... God can't anything be sacred that I call if I've earned it?
                            Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

                            Comment

                            • Crashfan3
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 2937

                              #44
                              Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                              EMERALD AND PHYNX FOR CRYING THE F@#$ OUT LOUD!!

                              op, lurk moar plz kthxbi

                              Comment

                              • fido123
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 4245

                                #45
                                Re: Who Is the Best (and has contributed the most to FFR)?

                                In all serious KgZ, Phynx absolutely deserves that title. He gives so much to random people on the internet...seriously, I personally find that to be pointless but it just makes it all the more generous. He's given so much away and I think as a community we should repay him somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...