Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Maid
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 643

    #16
    Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

    Koss KSC75, are the best you can get if you want to go cheap. They pretty much beat a lot of 50 dollar phones easily and always gotten favorable reviews. I have been frequenting head-fi forums for over a year and I have 3 pairs of headphones and 2 amps with a DaC. So if you want to actually have something decent sounding instead of garbage, KSC75 are pretty much only choice for you atm.

    Atm my favorite set is MUSICAL FIDELITY XCAN v3 amp paired with Sennheiser HD650 that's 700dollars for those 2.
    怒りの剣も嘆きの傷も 跡形もなく溶けて消えて散って逝っててああー

    Comment

    • lord_carbo
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2004
      • 6222

      #17
      Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

      Sennheiser supposedly makes the best headphones for their price. Check them out.
      last.fm

      Comment

      • t-rogdor
        tane orb
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2007
        • 2685

        #18
        Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

        Skullcandy Lowriders:

        1. They're $40 (which is kinda pricy, but not compared to bose)

        2. They fold out in pretty much any direction (Up, In, Down, the earbuds swivel in and out, so it's pretty versatile)

        3. for the price they are, the sound quality is AMAZING

        4. They may be thin, but DAMN, are they durable

        That is all
        Originally posted by cetaka
        I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

        Comment

        • Problems
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2005
          • 513

          #19
          Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

          Originally posted by t-rogdor
          Skullcandy Lowriders:

          1. They're $40 (which is kinda pricy, but not compared to bose)

          2. They fold out in pretty much any direction (Up, In, Down, the earbuds swivel in and out, so it's pretty versatile)

          3. for the price they are, the sound quality is AMAZING

          4. They may be thin, but DAMN, are they durable

          That is all
          Exact opposite compared to my experiences (as far as 3&4). I've listened through the same exact ones, the sound quality is pretty bad and they do not last at all.

          Comment

          • xinpig
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2006
            • 1072

            #20
            Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

            i have a $10 pair of phillips headphones that still work after being stepped on and dropped in the snow



            PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!

            Comment

            • lord_carbo
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2004
              • 6222

              #21
              Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

              Yeah but they probably have low sound quality
              last.fm

              Comment

              • t-rogdor
                tane orb
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2007
                • 2685

                #22
                Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                Originally posted by Problems
                Exact opposite compared to my experiences (as far as 3&4). I've listened through the same exact ones, the sound quality is pretty bad and they do not last at all.
                Odd. I love these things, and they work a hellava lot better than any other headphones i've ever had.

                And the sound quality is also awesome. but maybe we got diffierent Experiences...
                Originally posted by cetaka
                I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                Comment

                • MachineGunContra
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 34

                  #23
                  Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                  If you are in California, go to Fry's Electronics. They have a pretty good selection for the whole price range.

                  If you want online.. well I can't help you much.

                  \/ Help me WIN a contest between friends! \/




                  Comment

                  • Zageron
                    Zageron E. Tazaterra
                    FFR Administrator
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 6592

                    #24
                    Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?




                    I've had these headphones for almost 7 months, without a failure. They deliver very high quality sound, and the only songs that seem to 'break' them are by "Mindless Self Indulgence" You can turn them up on full blast for any other song and get no feedback. (IMO and IMX)

                    I bought mine for 19$

                    Comment

                    • xinpig
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 1072

                      #25
                      Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                      Originally posted by lord_carbo
                      Yeah but they probably have low sound quality
                      i plugged in my other pair of the same brand and they sound exactly the same..i also used my friends $50 pair...didn't notice anything different



                      PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!

                      Comment

                      • edubardus
                        RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 797

                        #26
                        Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                        in before iPatch

                        iPatch will probably tell you to buy Grado labs headphones because he considers himself their unofficial spokesperson.

                        I bought Grado sr325i headphones for $250 and have been extremely pleased with them. I compared them to my roommate's beyerdynamic DT 770 cans (~$300) and the sr325i cans are more forgiving when it comes to power and requiring an amp (you won't need one to get good quality, though amps always do good), whereas the 770s literally need an amp to use them at their full potential.

                        picture because I love myself


                        I still don't see why people think grado headphones are uncomfortable. They are by no means the most comfortable cans out there (they're on-ear headphones), but they're not excruciatingly uncomfortable and worth the quality and unique sound that Grado Labs offers.

                        Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/

                        Comment

                        • flipsta_lombax
                          Lombax Connoisseur
                          • May 2006
                          • 2556

                          #27
                          Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                          I just recommend Philips headphones. They have the best sound qualities imo. Decent price for them too.

                          I like these:
                          Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                          Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                          Comment

                          • OrganisM
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2644

                            #28
                            Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                            You get what you pay for.
                            .

                            Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                            "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                            because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                            spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                            changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                            Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                            Originally Posted by
                            MrRubix[link]:
                            "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                            Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                            "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                            Comment

                            • bmxant
                              FFR Player
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 2569

                              #29
                              Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                              http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD5.../dp/B0001FTVE0

                              Damn awesome headphones right here. Been using em for years now.
                              My Latest and Greatest Dump
                              Best simfile ever, anonymously approved
                              THAT WALL1
                              THAT WALL2
                              THAT WALL3
                              My Latest Unicorn dump as of 10/08/2009
                              Oh my god! It's totally like a bmxant birthday simfile, omg!

                              Comment

                              • blackout650
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 76

                                #30
                                Re: Anyone have a really good pair of headphones?

                                Skull candy is a good ear brand I said ear because they sell more than just earphones. The website is skullcandy.comhttp://skullcandy.com

                                Comment

                                Working...