I take back all the good things I said about Vista

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shade11
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2004
    • 373

    #16
    Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

    Vista was such a failure. I can't believe that after about a year, it still fails.

    Comment

    • roundbox
      fhqwhgads
      • Feb 2005
      • 2086

      #17
      Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

      Originally posted by fido123
      Yes but I can't actually close Norton.
      Task manager.
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



      Comment

      • Psycho8137
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 265

        #18
        Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

        Originally posted by fido123
        I JUST downloaded them and I've already opened ports.


        After trying to close Norton for HOURS (kept telling me acess denied) I took off the entire Norton Firewall...Vista owns but for the love of god....NORTON IS A PIECE OF ****
        ZoneAlarm. Rocks my socks. I bought ultimate extreme version. I love it.

        Originally posted by SithCait22
        hmmm if i remember correctly, DEP (data excution prevention) screws a lot of programs up. I turned mine off when i had Vista

        Open the control panel
        System and Maintenance'
        System
        Advanced System Settings
        Under Preformance click Settings
        Data Execution Provention
        Turn Data Execution Provention off


        This worked for me in sooo many wonderful ways.
        ... I love you. In so many more ways than I should and you'd probably be comfortable with.

        EDIT: WTF!?!?!? piece of s***!!! It gives me the options to "turn on for essential programs only." or "Turn on for all programs except those below:" and it wants me to manually browse and select for each one.
        Last edited by Psycho8137; 01-6-2008, 12:09 AM.


        ^^^ Tass

        Comment

        • cytex11
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2007
          • 41

          #19
          Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

          Sense you cant play wow how about playing some good old Maple story ^_^.

          Comment

          • EnR
            Massive flaming dildos.
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2007
            • 8431

            #20
            Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

            Vista makes you lose 12% of your FPS.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Specforces
              Yes
              • Jan 2004
              • 5028

              #21
              Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

              I've never had any problems with Vista, ever.
              Check Out My Music

              Comment

              • fido123
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 4245

                #22
                Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                Originally posted by SithCait22
                hmmm if i remember correctly, DEP (data excution prevention) screws a lot of programs up. I turned mine off when i had Vista

                Open the control panel
                System and Maintenance
                System
                Advanced System Settings
                Under Preformance click Settings
                Data Execution Provention
                Turn Data Execution Provention off


                This worked for me in sooo many wonderful ways.
                Can I have your babies?


                Originally posted by roundbox
                Task manager.
                I tried that and "Access Denied". I even tried deleting it strait of my hard drive and "Access Denied" again. Norton is even worse than the fatal viruses it protects you from.


                Originally posted by shade11
                Vista was such a failure. I can't believe that after about a year, it still fails.
                It doesn't fail but it really needs to tell you how to turn off all this "extra protection" garbage.


                Originally posted by cytex11
                Sense you cant play wow how about playing some good old Maple story ^_^.
                I tried it and it's slightly better than nubscape which is only slightly better than big rigs which is the worst game ever created.


                Originally posted by EnR
                Vista makes you lose 12% of your FPS.
                So does XP compared to ME probably. It uses more recourses like any other OS with new technology on it.

                Comment

                • SithCait22
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 1093

                  #23
                  Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                  Originally posted by Psycho8137
                  ZoneAlarm. Rocks my socks. I bought ultimate extreme version. I love it.



                  ... I love you. In so many more ways than I should and you'd probably be comfortable with.

                  EDIT: WTF!?!?!? piece of s***!!! It gives me the options to "turn on for essential programs only." or "Turn on for all programs except those below:" and it wants me to manually browse and select for each one.
                  Yea i just clicked the option to turn off for those below, then usually it'll ask you when you run it, or i believe it will be an option it preferences (right click)
                  Playing: DJMAX Technika 2
                  Location: Kalahari Resort, Sandusky Ohio
                  Join me?

                  Comment

                  • SithCait22
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 1093

                    #24
                    Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                    Originally posted by fido123
                    Can I have your babies?


                    lmao, i wanted to play my damn mmo's. Had to get it to work somehow.
                    EDIT : fack, thought i hit the edit button.... Sorry peoples....
                    Playing: DJMAX Technika 2
                    Location: Kalahari Resort, Sandusky Ohio
                    Join me?

                    Comment

                    • Coolboyrulez0
                      VICES
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 10042

                      #25
                      Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                      Vista now = no.
                      Maybe a year or two = yes.

                      Done.
                      https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                      https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                      Comment

                      • Xception704
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 3984

                        #26
                        Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                        Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                        Vista now = no.
                        Maybe a year or two = yes.

                        Done.
                        QFT.

                        Comment

                        • jecht3009046
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 324

                          #27
                          Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                          Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                          Vista now = no.
                          Maybe a year or two = yes.

                          Done.
                          Or by the end of the month or so when SP1 becomes publicly available.

                          Though, I have had no problems with Vista on either my laptop or newly build computer. It is very different from XP, though once you figure out the basic layout, I find it to be slightly more accessible that XP in lots of ways.

                          There is the issue with older software and drivers, but there has yet to be an OS that has been completely compatible with all drivers and software anyways.

                          Comment

                          • SithCait22
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 1093

                            #28
                            Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                            It sucks, the flash beta for vista made flash run worse for me. The only reason i reinstalled XP, ffr.
                            Playing: DJMAX Technika 2
                            Location: Kalahari Resort, Sandusky Ohio
                            Join me?

                            Comment

                            • danny53x
                              AKA Yotipo
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 1008

                              #29
                              Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                              Hey, I don't know a single thing about vista, but I always turned of automatic startup applications by going:

                              Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup/Services Tab -> Unchecking every piece of crap I don't want.

                              EDIT: In this case, you might want to disable Norton.

                              Comment

                              • Raveren
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 785

                                #30
                                Re: I take back all the good things I said about Vista

                                For those of you who have problems with Vista and happen to use AHK, try THIS instead. I noticed a huge improvement in gameplay when I used it instead of AHK. Credits for this goes to MRichards.
                                “A painter paints his pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. We provide the music, and you provide the silence.” -Leopold Stokowski

                                Comment

                                Working...