What kind of television do you have?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #31
    Re: What kind of television do you have?

    Originally posted by fido123
    Am I the only one who doesn't like wide screen?

    I'm not sure of the size of mine but I have 2 0.66ish meter non-HD TV's...one of them has it's colour distorted if there is too much white on the screen.
    4:3 aspect ratio was invented because people were idiots and didn't know how to properly convert a theater resolution onto a consumer market television.

    16:9 is the real aspect ratio for everything. It's the format everything is filmed in.

    Fullscreen DVDs cut off about 45% of the original picture to fit it on your screen.

    Comment

    • customstuff
      ♥C.S. + A.M.♥
      • Nov 2006
      • 4892

      #32
      Re: What kind of television do you have?

      Alot of different ones. The main one is 43"

      Originally posted by MrMagic5239
      Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
      Originally posted by customstuff
      Originally posted by MrMagic5239
      welcome to D6

      start playing

      Comment

      • MagicCarpetRide
        Skware One
        • Jun 2006
        • 1125

        #33
        Re: What kind of television do you have?

        Originally posted by Squeek
        Fullscreen DVDs cut off about 45% of the original picture to fit it on your screen.
        My brother refuses to watch fullscreen.

        Comment

        • Crashfan3
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 2937

          #34
          Re: What kind of television do you have?

          Originally posted by fido123
          Am I the only one who doesn't like wide screen?

          I'm not sure of the size of mine but I have 2 0.66ish meter non-HD TV's...one of them has it's colour distorted if there is too much white on the screen.
          Rebel against widescreen!

          Originally posted by OrganisM
          Not a widescreen? WTF? Why?
          Because...

          1. Squished people
          2. Square beats rectangular
          3. WS was invented for movie watching, but that's what my computer's for.
          4. I like things old-style

          I might get a widescreen someday, and watch my *cough* 85GB+ *cough* anime pile, since a lot of that's in WS >.>, but that would be it.

          Comment

          • Relambrien
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2006
            • 1644

            #35
            Re: What kind of television do you have?

            42" Vizio 1080i HDTV, mounted on my wall.

            Really nice actually.

            Comment

            • foilman8805
              smoke wheat hail satin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2006
              • 5704

              #36
              Re: What kind of television do you have?

              Most HDTV's come with something called 'Smart Stretch' now. It makes the picture 4:3 instead of 16:9 or whatever widescreen is. I use it all of the time, and I honestly can't tell the difference between a regular CRT and the Smart Stretch on my HDTV. Although, the only difference is that the picture looks a hell of a lot nicer on my HDTV.
              Last edited by foilman8805; 12-12-2007, 08:01 PM.

              Comment

              • Crashfan3
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 2937

                #37
                Re: What kind of television do you have?

                Originally posted by foilman8805
                Most HDTV's come with something called 'Smart Stretch' now. It makes the picture 4:3 instead of 16:9 or whatever widescreen is. I use it all of the time, and I honestly can't tell the difference between a regular CRT and the Smart Stretch on my HDTV. Although, the only difference is that the picture looks a hell of a lot nicer on my HDTV.
                Yeah, my gran has a TV like that. Then anything that has black in bleeds color.

                Comment

                • Sprite-
                  HAVE ME WITH VODKA
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 7317

                  #38
                  Re: What kind of television do you have?

                  My TV has a big pretty screen.

                  Comment

                  • Squeek
                    let it snow~
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 14444

                    #39
                    Re: What kind of television do you have?

                    Originally posted by Crashfan3
                    Rebel against widescreen!



                    Because...

                    1. Squished people
                    2. Square beats rectangular
                    3. WS was invented for movie watching, but that's what my computer's for.
                    4. I like things old-style

                    I might get a widescreen someday, and watch my *cough* 85GB+ *cough* anime pile, since a lot of that's in WS >.>, but that would be it.
                    1) Stretched people is much better than the real version right
                    2) What
                    3) You don't read other people's posts.
                    4) Widescreen is older than fullscreen.

                    Read: http://www.widescreen.org/widescreen.shtml



                    Also, 85 gigs is pretty small. My One Piece collection alone is 70 gigs, and when I used to burn CDs, I filled 500 discs with anime. That's about 350 gigs. Except I didn't burn everything I watched. Especially crappy shows like Naruto, Bleach, and Kenshin.
                    Last edited by Squeek; 12-12-2007, 10:36 PM.

                    Comment

                    • Dimitri13
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 701

                      #40
                      Re: What kind of television do you have?

                      Mitsubishi 60-something" HD1080i TV. Not a flatscreen.


                      Originally posted by Tibs
                      Originally posted by arsonistsgetallthegirls
                      changing Antarctica into a desert
                      good thing theres lots of sand under all the ice

                      Comment

                      • Kyaan Kyo
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 162

                        #41
                        Re: What kind of television do you have?

                        32 inches of glorious LG or LD(I forget) HDTV!! :P
                        ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

                        Comment

                        • MalDON
                          Retired Staff
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 619

                          #42
                          Re: What kind of television do you have?

                          52" Phillips Plasma and a 42" Phillips Ambilight Plasma both running at 720p.

                          Comment

                          Working...