One month of school= one month of hell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuidoHunter
    is against custom titles
    • Oct 2003
    • 7371

    #16
    Re: One month of school= one month of hell

    Originally posted by afronova1127
    effect my ranking.
    their italian
    You sure you're comfortable with English?

    Anyway: wah, I took nothing but AP courses my junior year and still studied Tekken Tag Tournament more than I studied school. Suck it up; you're not the only one who's ever had a bunch of schoolwork.

    But, if you truly feel that it's overwhelming and that your grade/status would significantly suffer because you plumb don't have the time/energy to do it all, drop a class or go to a regular version. Argue to your parents that the loss of one AP class for the success in all the rest is better than performing poorly in all the classes.

    --Guido


    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

    Comment

    • NarutoFoxDemon
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2006
      • 1181

      #17
      Re: One month of school= one month of hell

      Originally posted by GuidoHunter
      You sure you're comfortable with English?

      Anyway: wah, I took nothing but AP courses my junior year and still studied Tekken Tag Tournament more than I studied school. Suck it up; you're not the only one who's ever had a bunch of schoolwork.

      But, if you truly feel that it's overwhelming and that your grade/status would significantly suffer because you plumb don't have the time/energy to do it all, drop a class or go to a regular version. Argue to your parents that the loss of one AP class for the success in all the rest is better than performing poorly in all the classes.

      --Guido

      http://andy.mikee385.com

      Ninja'd

      Comment

      • masamursha
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2007
        • 1225

        #18
        Re: One month of school= one month of hell

        oh my god quit bitching about dropping from a 97 to a 94 average. thats just stupid. I'm a junior, andtaking AP chem, honors physics, AP US history, and AP stat. (rest honors). I knew what I was getting myself into and I knew my grades wouldn't be as high because I am now taking classes that aren't easy as ****. Theres a huge difference between AP and honors, suck it up. Yeah, having two sciences destroys your free periods, but I knew that, I eat when I get home. Having 94s in all APs is really damn good, quit your ****ing bitching, I'm trying really hard and I don't have all As in all my APs. Your GPA is probably is extremely high now, quit being an overachiever. I don't have lunch AT ALL btw, I don't mind it.
        Last edited by masamursha; 10-13-2007, 01:07 PM.

        Comment

        • MeaCulpa
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 841

          #19
          Re: One month of school= one month of hell

          Originally posted by afronova1127
          My average has sunk from a 97 to about a 93/94 ish
          Originally posted by Chrissi
          Your average is over 90%. You realize that this is extremely high, right?
          I've always wondered about this. Are there a lot of students who have an average of >95% at your school, afro? Because it's extremely rare up here (the cutoff for most universities is low-80's).

          Comment

          • devonin
            Very Grave Indeed
            Community Manager
            Event Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Apr 2004
            • 10120

            #20
            Re: One month of school= one month of hell

            Well if he's under the kind of pressure where if he gets anything other than full scholarship offers from the colleges of his choice, his parents will disown him, then I can understand even a 4% drop in average being worrying to him.

            However, most programs I've seen require minimum averages around 65% for admittance, and as low as 75/80% start offering incentives to attend. I applied to univeristy with an average around 94% and the school I ended up going to had offered me 24,000 dollars, so honestly, having "dropped" to "just" a 93/94 I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

            Most of the advice (well, the constructive advice anyway) that has been offered so far is good: Dropping one class will probably up your average in every other class by 3 or 4% Don't overload so much, and your average will stay up as high as you want it to.

            You'll come across a lot of bitter people when you complain about this publically though. I know exactly what it's like. You need to choose words carefully when you're dealing with the population at large because there are people working their ass off to try damned hard to pull out an 80% and to hear someone complaining because they "only" have a 94% is incredibly frustrating and upsetting. Find a few friends who are in the same boat you are, where an 80 is what you get when you don't try, who will actually understand -why- you can be upset over marks that many people would kill to have.

            Comment

            • masamursha
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2007
              • 1225

              #21
              Re: One month of school= one month of hell

              93/94 percent in all APs is easily top decile in his school, at least I'd imagine so. That's nothing to complain about, he'll pretty much get into any college he wants if he keeps it up and gets good SATs.

              Comment

              • Specforces
                Yes
                • Jan 2004
                • 5028

                #22
                Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                High school is a joke, even when loaded up with AP courses. Just wait until you go to a real University and you actually have to study.
                Check Out My Music

                Comment

                • csoup1414
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 834

                  #23
                  Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                  jeez, im a sophomore and dont have AP classes yet, thank goodness.
                  well anyway...i thought my schedule was depressing

                  swimming/health
                  honors english II
                  honors world culture
                  food time!
                  chemistry I
                  algebra II
                  band II
                  theatre I

                  yeah, its actually quite difficult in english, health, and lunch (well, none of my friends are in lunch with me lol)

                  but still...good luck with your schedule, hope you do well

                  Comment

                  • Problems
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 513

                    #24
                    Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                    Originally posted by devonin
                    You'll come across a lot of bitter people when you complain about this publically though. I know exactly what it's like. You need to choose words carefully when you're dealing with the population at large because there are people working their ass off to try damned hard to pull out an 80% and to hear someone complaining because they "only" have a 94% is incredibly frustrating and upsetting. Find a few friends who are in the same boat you are, where an 80 is what you get when you don't try, who will actually understand -why- you can be upset over marks that many people would kill to have.
                    I was going to write a big flame etc. etc. but then i read devonin's post (which is entirely true). I'll just keep it short; Stop whining. With the grades you have in the classes you take, you should be singing and dancing with joy, not complaining.

                    Comment

                    • stlunatic0124
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 3228

                      #25
                      Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                      Quit bitching, college is 4838431843 times worse than high school. I got a 39 on my first electromagnetic theory exam. The curve was so big a 27 was a C. Stop crying about a 93.

                      QFT:
                      Originally posted by Specforces
                      High school is a joke, even when loaded up with AP courses. Just wait until you go to a real University and you actually have to study.
                      I NEVER had to study in high school. And studying isn't studying for an hour before a test. Studying is for hours every single day reading the textbook and taking notes and doing problems over and over until you understand something. Then studying for 15-20 hours in 2-3 days for a midterm, and 20+ for a final.

                      Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                      You sure you're comfortable with English?
                      LOL
                      Last edited by stlunatic0124; 10-13-2007, 10:46 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Windscarredfaith
                        (づ ̄ � ̄)づ watermelon
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 2612

                        #26
                        Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                        Wow, people are so harsh. Lol. I do feel your pain, but yeah. This workload is nothing compared to other things in life. Just learn to manage with it, and don't overload yourself with things you can't do. You are already more than well-off in school. You can afford a failing grade if you had to.

                        Comment

                        • flipsta_lombax
                          Lombax Connoisseur
                          • May 2006
                          • 2556

                          #27
                          Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                          Reason why I never took AP classes for my Junior year. LOL, my lief is pre-determined over a GPA number, brilliant. My teachers say all you need is a voice and a well-established background in school and you'll do fine with or without AP classes. And my only AP class now is Calculus, which is a pre-req for Seniors here (unless you are only a comprehensive student, not at all smart or anything). But yeah, college. It'll happen if it does. I'm not even going to say if it doesn't because I am not wasting my high school years not getting accepted.
                          Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                          Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                          Comment

                          • adlp
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 1758

                            #28
                            Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                            nerds

                            Comment

                            • flipsta_lombax
                              Lombax Connoisseur
                              • May 2006
                              • 2556

                              #29
                              Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                              Jealous? ;P Ohwait I'm geek, I'm no nerd, wut?
                              Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                              Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                              Comment

                              • irishknight
                                FFR Veteran
                                • May 2006
                                • 969

                                #30
                                Re: One month of school= one month of hell

                                This is meh schedule:

                                American Govt. Honors(½ semester)<--- Lol. 30min of nothing THEN we do work.
                                Spanish III<--- Bleh, my teacher is WAAY too picky.
                                AP Human Geography<--- The best class ever.. The seniors are really funny. The subject itself is interesting enough.
                                Bio I Honors<--- Hate this class so much
                                English I Honors<--- This class is alright
                                Lunch<--- Bleh, food.
                                Geometry Honors..<--- Too easy, I want to work with numbers instead.

                                Pretty fun considering I'm only Freshmen. Lol GPA=4.17

                                EDIT: Now that I look at this again, and then the whole thread; I think my post is waay off topic, although it suits this thread title well.
                                Last edited by irishknight; 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...