Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moogy
    嗚呼
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2003
    • 10303

    #16
    Ico is extremely incredibly awesome. Get it, like teh Jewpster said.
    Plz visit my blog

    ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

    Comment

    • 87x
      Retired Staff
      • Dec 2002
      • 4379

      #17
      i dont know.. Ico looks stupid.. im not particularly keen to dragging some girl who looks autistic.. that really doesnt appeal to me.. someone (jewpin) write a summary of the game.. so i can understand it better..


      RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
      87x: more like.. professional goth.

      Comment

      • Periodico
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2004
        • 5

        #18
        Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

        Originally posted by 87x
        I got this game like 2 weeks ago.. and its one of the best games ever created.. it took me 8 1/2 hours to beat it the first time.. i let two of my friends borrow it and got it back 5 days ago and beat it again two days ago in 4 1/2 hours... i am working on getting this time down to 3 1/2 hours.. but that would be like the perfect game.. although i can beat it less than 5 hours.. the game is VERY interesting and the fighting system makes every battle interesting... the puzzles are very challenging for a first timer and makes up the majority of the play time.... I recommend this game to everyone with a system that its out for..
        That's interesting. My first time took me just under 6, and every time since it's been 3.5. I have gotten all sand clouds (10 sand tanks) and all magic fountains (life bar all the way across the top of the screen). Fun stuff. Sequel is coming!!!

        PS: Will someone please challenge me? This game has no meaning without challenges (other than practice).

        Comment

        • Periodico
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2004
          • 5

          #19
          Yeah, I noticed this thread was out of date. I don't check forums often...

          Comment

          • Snapps
            NO DOUBT GET LOUD
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2003
            • 5650

            #20
            Why did you just bump an old topic? If its out of date, dont revive it.

            -Soon To Be Locked-

            Comment

            • Kenzya
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2004
              • 3411

              #21
              It's a fun game.

              One Time I Sucked Six in a Row (Locust Toybox Remix)
              Write to me Stick Stickly p.o. box 963 New York City New York State 10108
              I'm Still Alive

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #22
                Eh...old topic, but I never got to respond to 87x's post.

                SO I WILL NOW!

                Ico is the story about a boy who was taken to a castle by two mysterious faceless figures because he has grown horns which his village believes to be a curse and thus needs to be sacrificed. While in his sacricial tomb, there is an Earthquake and the tomb splits open, throwing him from it and knocking him out. While unconcious he has a dream about a mysterious dark figure in a cage. He awakes to find himself outside of his tomb, and there is where the game begins.

                Possible Spoiler Alert
                After solving the first few puzzles, and a fight with some strange spirit things, you will find out that the figure you had a dream about turns out to be the Princess of the castle who has been imprisoned by the Queen. The Princess contains a special power that, when she interacts with certain "doorway obstructors" she can open them. So Ico uses her to escape the castle.

                At first, the storyline seems...cheesy, but you really have to play the game. If I hadnt played the Demo, I probably never would have purchased the game. But the scenary itself is reason to purchase the game in my opinion.

                Comment

                • neodarkmagicianking
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 53

                  #23
                  i never really played the game. my friend took so long i laughed my head off--- 9 hourrs. i dont like it because you reverse time and have to do some stuff all over again.

                  Comment

                  • Periodico
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 5

                    #24
                    Originally posted by neodarkmagicianking
                    i never really played the game. my friend took so long i laughed my head off--- 9 hourrs. i dont like it because you reverse time and have to do some stuff all over again.
                    Uh, when you reverse time, you can only do so for a maximum of ten seconds into the past, only enough to avoid a fatal mistake, but that's it. If you die, that's when you have to do stuff over. Better just to go back in time than die.

                    Comment

                    • jewpinthethird
                      (The Fat's Sabobah)
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2002
                      • 11711

                      #25
                      The reverse time thing is so awesome. It saved my ass so many times during fights.

                      Comment

                      • 87x
                        Retired Staff
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 4379

                        #26
                        well... it seems interesting, and 9 hours of gameplay isn't at all a lot, and if I can find this game for the xbox (I haven't looked yet, I had actually forgotten about this game)I will be sure to rent it, and if it's good enough possibly buy it...

                        Thanks Jewpin.. although kinda late, still better late then never..


                        hm©


                        RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
                        87x: more like.. professional goth.

                        Comment

                        • Kenzya
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 3411

                          #27
                          When did 9 hours become a lot? Final Fantasy X alone was about 70+ hours..

                          One Time I Sucked Six in a Row (Locust Toybox Remix)
                          Write to me Stick Stickly p.o. box 963 New York City New York State 10108
                          I'm Still Alive

                          Comment

                          • QreepyBORIS
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 7454

                            #28
                            FFVII was like 70 or 80 with sidequests and fucking around alot.

                            Nine hours is NOTHING--even less than chrono trigger.

                            Signature subject to change.

                            THE ZERRRRRG.

                            Comment

                            • Periodico
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 5

                              #29
                              Originally posted by QreepyBORIS
                              FFVII was like 70 or 80 with sidequests and fucking around alot.

                              Nine hours is NOTHING--even less than chrono trigger.
                              Only long when compared to the average player at the game. Some one beating POP:TSOT in nine hours is like someone beating FFVII in 100 hours, when not even side questing. Thaaaat iiiiis reeaaallly slooooow....

                              Comment

                              • suicidalmuskrat
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 739

                                #30
                                9 hour games are fine with me...that was i can just rent it, beat it, and since there's no replay value, just return it and forget about...70 hours is silly...i don't care if it's the best game in the world...seems like reading a 12,000 page book to me....altho, maybe i'll just never understand rpgs, besides paper mario of course...but that only took 22 hours
                                I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old danish.
                                Done, and done.

                                Comment

                                Working...