Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Collapse
X
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Wrong. If you're an adult leader, that is the case. If you're a scout, its a don't ask, don't tell policy.
The faith bit. Yes, you must be part of a faith. That's because the BSA believes that without a faith, the moral standards building good citizens just aren't there. And honestly, they're pretty accurate in that. I think you'll agree.
The atheist thing. It's clearly stated in the original form. If you're an atheist, DON'T JOIN UP.
The attending a church service every year: That's something called Scout Sunday. It's a national event, because, face it: Most Scouts are Christian. Deal with it. Yay for majorities.
Any other questions? AIM me.
CheesyEke == My AIM.
EkeComment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Thanks for proving all of that.
I knew I was right. I'd expect no less from an organization who took a potential Eagle Scout to court (which ended up all the way at the Supreme Court if any of you were paying attention) because he was gay. So of course they assume only Christians can have morals and ethics.
'lol moraly straight meenz u cant be gay u fagit rofl no eagle 4 u'Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Thats great bro,
I got eagle scout about 2 months ago
Troop 783, if it means anything to ya
anyway, Gratz
Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
No, they assume that you're Christian. If you engage in homosexual acts, you're clearly at odds with Christian values and thus the values of the organization. If you don't abide by the standards of the institution, you shouldn't be a part of it.
That goes for just about any organization. I doubt PETA would allow slaughterhouse owners to be members.
Regarding the "moraly straight" comment, it seems your beef should be with Christianity, which preaches homosexuality to be immoral rather than the BSA, who simply asks that you be a good Christian.
Argue as much as you want against the former part, but there's nothing wrong with the latter.
--Guido

Originally posted by GrandiagodSentences I thought I never would have to type.Originally posted by GrandiagodShe has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
In case you need a good read up on it.
The kid was an exemplary scout to be respected. Once he entered college, he found out his true sexual orientation. Once the BSA found out about it, they pulled him from leadership in the troop. He had never done anything wrong at all.
Here's what the BSA said in court.
“We believe that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the requirement in the Scout Oath that a Scout be morally straight and in the Scout Law that a Scout be clean in word and deed, and that homosexuals do not provide a desirable role model for Scouts.” Id., at 457.
So basically, just because he discovered that he was gay, he can't be a scout. He, an Eagle Scout, one of the highest and most prestigious ranks in all of scouting that most scout leaders don't even get, was apparently NOT a role model. Just because he was gay.
I don't know about you, but I don't consider people's opinions to be bunk the second I hear they're gay. There's no "oh, but you're gay, so who cares if you think the rocket is going to explode" in society. I don't think any less of a person once I hear they're gay. In fact, I might think more of that person because that takes a lot more courage to do than the average person can muster.
Guess what courage is. It's just like bravery, which is one of the 12 things a Scout must have at all times.Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
I don't agree, not even in the least. I am not at all religious and I have much stronger moral values than any of my religious friends. This is not accurate at all. I find it rather offensive that you would insinuate that you need religion to have good moral standards.
Faith gives people hope. Not morals. And honestly, if you were to use the bible as a code for morality, you wouldn't be allowed near women on their periods, everyone would have a slave (or be a slave, as the case may be) and adultery (and homosexuality) would be punishable by death. Oh, and if your brother died, you'd have to marry his wife. There are tons of things wrong with the moral code outlined in the bible. Hope. Not morals.C is for Charisma, it's why people think I'm great! I make my friends all laugh and smile and never want to hate!Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
And, if you knew your Bible, you would know that there is something called a New Covenant. But, that's a different discussion.
And...I misspoke myself. The standards that are there are much rarer than those people that grow up with such a moral code. I didn't mean that they aren't there at all. But, there are some morals that people tend to just say, "Its a matter of opinion", and all that bs.
Point: It's a private organization, and they have the right to say that.
If you would like to discuss this with me, Please contact me on AIM. Its not a discussion for BSA.
Also, to Squeek:
They allowed him to keep his recognition, and I don't agree with it either. Personally, I see no problems with homosexuals in Scouts. Just my opinion. The organization decided that they would be against it. If you have a problem with it, then good for you. It's a private organization, and it's BSA's right to do so.
On another note, I agree with you in most of what you said. I'm just clarifying some things.
EkeComment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Wow. Ok then.
1) As for the case Squeek presented: there are idiots everywhere, BSA is no exception. I don't know the specifics, but it sounds like they were being overly traditional, as in still believe in the ideas held when it was believed only homosexuals received aids.
2) As for the adult leader homosexuality, I would believe that's to prevent any possibility of lawsuit. Just like the two adults in any room with a Scout at all times.
3) As for the Christian-only of the organization, it really isn't supposed to be that way in my opinion. The book teaches to respect other religions, not tell them to be Christian. I also understand that it doesn't always become the way I see it should be, such as in my troop.
Well, I may sound like a total idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.Originally posted by Tokzicis the repetition of the last line a metaphorical comparison of the dependance of society on technology today versus the more natural lifestyle of the late nineteenth century
Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
It's cool. I'm not an activist, so I say things but I'll never do anything about it.
You can bet if I ever have a family, I wouldn't persuade my kid into being a scout. But I believe in loose parenting within family rules, so if he asked, I wouldn't say no.Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
well imin boyscouts AND I LIKE IT!(creepy womans voice)i will eat ur heart
...duhnana! nananah,na!*gets really hairy**creepy smile*
(first person)...*point*
a little creepy
sigpic
(second persn)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*runs away*Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Troop: 55
Rank: Life
Facts:
SPL twice
ASPL Four times
PL twice
APL twice
QM once
Troop Guide once
Warrior in the Great Tribe of Mic-O-Say
Brotherhood member
R^3 Skin God
R^3 Engine Skin Curator
Comment
-
Re: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers
Troop: 48
Rank: Life
I was SPL once, the best one they had...ASPL like every time from 1st Class on. Patrol Leader almost every time... Troop Guid like 5 times...
I quit because my troop was absolutely atrocious...I was so close to Eagle too...But the troop was so bad, I couldn't stick with it for the last badge and getting my project approved.UNLEASH THE DRAGON
Originally posted by mead1My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.Comment
COLOR="magenta"][/COLOR] some next madness up in here u know bare people chatting fraf



Comment