Ipods to be banned in New York

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lord_carbo
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2004
    • 6222

    #31
    Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

    Originally posted by A2_Sauce
    so the article mentioned a couple deaths in january... wow, that is nothing. we should be worrying alcohol abuse and AIDS in africa.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    A) What can the government do about alcohol abuse other than what they're already doing?
    B) What can the government do about AIDS other than what they're already doing?
    C) IT'S COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR NATIONAL GOVERNMENT SCIENCE FACILITIES AND A STATE'S GOVERNMENT TO WORK ON TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MATTERS AT THE SAME TIME.
    last.fm

    Comment

    • MooMoo_Cowfreak
      Abraxas Hydroplane
      • May 2006
      • 1746

      #32
      Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

      Our state is banning driving with cell phones.

      However, that's absurd!
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

      post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

      Comment

      • A2_Sauce
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2006
        • 631

        #33
        Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

        Originally posted by lord_carbo
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

        A) What can the government do about alcohol abuse other than what they're already doing?
        B) What can the government do about AIDS other than what they're already doing?
        C) IT'S COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR NATIONAL GOVERNMENT SCIENCE FACILITIES AND A STATE'S GOVERNMENT TO WORK ON TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MATTERS AT THE SAME TIME.
        so you want the goverment to waste money by enforcing no ipods when crossing street laws? rather then watching streets for drunk drivers... lmao

        Comment

        • lord_carbo
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2004
          • 6222

          #34
          Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

          Originally posted by A2_Sauce
          so you want the goverment to waste money by enforcing no ipods when crossing street laws? rather then watching streets for drunk drivers... lmao
          They certainly can't look out for everything at the same time, and they'll certainly put "walking across the street with an electronic" on their list of things to look out for over drunk driving.

          Just stop before you embarrass yourself more.
          last.fm

          Comment

          • Starshot
            /DJS\
            FFR Music Producer
            • Dec 2004
            • 1794

            #35
            Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

            In before slashdot.

            Edit: **** me, ninja'd ;>_>

            Comment

            • FluorescentArmy
              Forum User
              • Nov 2005
              • 1754

              #36
              Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

              Originally posted by A2_Sauce
              so the article mentioned a couple deaths in january... wow, that is nothing. we should be worrying alcohol abuse and AIDS in africa.
              No. Isolationism my friend. There's nothing wrong with alcohol abuse either. As long as I don't get hit I don't care.

              Comment

              • archbishopjabber
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2005
                • 268

                #37
                Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                I think ipods help root idiots out of the gene pool. Why try to stop that? If you are going to walk in front of a car, you should not be a part of the gene pool, and the ipod helps take your genes out of it improving the overall quality of society. It is a dumb law for that reason.
                "Knowing information legitimately lessens genuine error. Ordinarily, research generates excellent benefit understanding social history."

                "Guide to Freedom." Vol. 9. Page 11




                Comment

                • A2_Sauce
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 631

                  #38
                  Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                  Originally posted by lord_carbo
                  They certainly can't look out for everything at the same time, and they'll certainly put "walking across the street with an electronic" on their list of things to look out for over drunk driving.

                  Just stop before you embarrass yourself more.
                  i'm not embarrased at all, i think you are approaching this with immaturity

                  Comment

                  • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                    Threat Emulation
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2004
                    • 5184

                    #39
                    Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                    They had better not take this up in Chicago. That would not be cool.

                    Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                    I'm light f**king darkness

                    Comment

                    • lord_carbo
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 6222

                      #40
                      Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                      Originally posted by A2_Sauce
                      i'm not embarrased at all, i think you are approaching this with immaturity
                      Get anyone with a brain in here, they'll laugh at your responses.
                      last.fm

                      Comment

                      • Pumble
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 1301

                        #41
                        Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                        Dosen't seem extremely unreasonable but i say just let natural selection run its course on these idiots. The only person getting hurt is the person at fault.

                        Comment

                        • Ryker Ridgley
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 67

                          #42
                          Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                          Heh, that's silly. That's like making wearing your seatbelt in a car a law. You're trying to force people to protect themselves. I thought the whole idea was to pass laws that protect people from other people. Besides, not all people are distracted by their iPods.

                          Comment

                          • hi19hi19
                            lol happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 12194

                            #43
                            Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                            Originally posted by Maid
                            This is just a proposition, its never gonna pass.
                            We're talking about a state run by ****ing assholes who think that it is their moral duty to protect retards from themselves.

                            Honestly, I hate laws that exist soley becuase a few exceptions (read: idiots) kill themselves. Suddenly their problem becomes everyone else's problem, as a bunch of control freaks in the capitol decide to limit freedoms even further.

                            Originally posted by Ryker Ridgley
                            Heh, that's silly. That's like making wearing your seatbelt in a car a law. You're trying to force people to protect themselves. I thought the whole idea was to pass laws that protect people from other people.
                            Unfortunately this basic truth escapes the minds of 90% of lawmakers.

                            It's very very similar to the banning of trans fats. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that I should be allowed to eat what I want. There is no reason to have this law as I'm
                            a) Not hurting anyone else by choosing to eat what I want, and
                            b) Not in the process of enabling myself to hurt others.

                            Similarly I should be able to listen to my ****ing music whenever I want. If I die becuase of it that's a risk that I should legally be allowed to take.



                            natural selection -1
                            retard population +1
                            Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-7-2007, 06:49 PM.


                            Comment

                            • Wlfwnd91
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 499

                              #44
                              Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                              I guess the MAIN thing that needs to be taken into consideration here is the fact that it's New York. That makes this proposition even stupider, because when you're in a place that busy and you're not paying attention to what's around you, then you're an idiot and I'm glad you won't be having kids.

                              I used to live in Chicago, and even though whenever I'm somewhere quiet I J-walk and stuff like that, in the city of Chicago I would never cross the street except for at an intersection, and when the sign told me to. There's different things you can do in different areas.

                              Long story short. Stupid stupid stupid. Stupid government, stupid proposition, stupid people.

                              EDIT: I do think, however, that in big cities, cell phones should be banned while driving. But, when it comes to less-populated areas it should be fine. Only because I think that IS something that can endanger other people
                              Last edited by Wlfwnd91; 02-8-2007, 08:42 AM.


                              Comment

                              • Chrissi
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2004
                                • 3019

                                #45
                                Re: Ipods to be banned in New York

                                I like how they say "iPod" like that's the only music player.

                                And it's the only one most people know about.

                                But it wasn't the first, wasn't the last, isn't the best, and is not the end-all be-all of music players.

                                Why is this coming about now? Why didn't it come about years ago when walkmans were introduced? Remember those? Small enough to clip onto your jeans, plays a tape.... essentially the same thing.

                                Why iPods? Why now?

                                They'd better use the correct terminology soon. It's a personal music player. Not an iPod. iPod is a goddamn brand.
                                C is for Charisma, it's why people think I'm great! I make my friends all laugh and smile and never want to hate!

                                Comment

                                Working...