anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • uhcougars2006
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2005
    • 74

    #16
    Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

    Originally posted by scorpio1690
    Join a sport. Really. It keeps me in shape no matter what. Contact sports like football or rugby are exceptionally well at keeping you fit because it's lots of running, and hitting and tackling gets you exhausted. If you're too lazy to exercise though, then there's no miracle way that I know of to lose weight
    That's true. I play baseball and soccer and it keeps me in shape.

    Last edited by uhcougars2006; 05-31-2006, 02:36 PM. Reason: idk
    I'd like to see things from your perspective, but I can't get my head that far up my ass.

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #17
      Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

      I can't really offer anything helpful in this thread.

      I can laugh and brag about how I can eat infinite amounts of junk without getting fat though, except I just did that in TGB yesterday and I shouldn't wear it thin.

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • Reach
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2003
        • 7471

        #18
        Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

        Well, cutting out all the bull****, there are a few key things you should know when attempting to lose weight.

        Firstly, in order for your body to lose weight you need to expend more energy than you are intaking. This can be done in many ways, some good, some not so good.

        Let's start with the not so good ways. I suggest avoiding all of these. Throwing up, which is horrible for you. Do not attempt.

        Cutting out carbs. Do not do this. Scientifically, this is the fastest way to lose weight because your body burns carbohydrates before it burns fat cells, so not eating carbs means you're going to burn your fat off. However, there is a problem here. Not intaking any carbs means you won't have any energy, because that's essentially what carbs are. You can CUT DOWN on carbs, but don't cut them out completely.

        The best way is to take a good look at your diet and when you eat? How's your breakfast? If you say bad or I don't eat it, then you need to change that. Eat a healthy breakfast. This will kick start your metabolism and get you going stronger through the day, burning more carbs.

        From here, I suggest rather than eating 3 large meals, eat 4-6 smaller meals. This is better for you because you body can more easily manage and burn off smaller meals, thus burning more fat through the day. You should still have your breakfast and dinner, however, try and have your dinner early, around 5. Having dinner late (around 7 or later) is not good and I suggest avoiding this. The reason being is sleeping on carbs that you havn't burned off means your body is going to store the fat overnight.

        During the day I suggest exercise, 3 times a week for atleast half an hour. More than an hour will, obviously, be more effective. If you can fit more workout days into your week, go for it, but I don't suggest more than 5 in your case. Something that keeps your heart going (biking, walking, weights, running ect). Pick something and stick with it.

        Other than that, I wish you luck.
        Last edited by Reach; 05-31-2006, 02:55 PM.

        Comment

        • Grandiagod
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2004
          • 6122

          #19
          Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

          Originally posted by djshox
          I've realized playing DDR for a couple months dropped off about 15 pounds, 7 of which were lost in 2 weeks when I moved up to Heavy.
          Lol, wordplay.
          He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

          Comment

          • emptiness
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2005
            • 453

            #20
            Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

            Take Hydroxycut or Lipo 6...exercise mainly cardio. And stay away from carbohydrates..I guess go on an Atkins diet or something...
            Back in 5 mins

            Comment

            • MCRenaissance
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2006
              • 1646

              #21
              Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

              Originally posted by emptiness
              Take Hydroxycut or Lipo 6...exercise mainly cardio. And stay away from carbohydrates..I guess go on an Atkins diet or something...
              wrong on everything except for the cardio.

              Comment

              • emptiness
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2005
                • 453

                #22
                Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                Originally posted by MCRenaissance
                wrong on everything except for the cardio.
                Rally?...elaborate
                Back in 5 mins

                Comment

                • MCRenaissance
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 1646

                  #23
                  Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                  First of all it's not "rally" it's really.

                  Second of all,
                  if he was to cut out carbohydrates he wouldn't have any energy. The atkins diet might make you lose weight but you wouldn't be as active since you just don't have the energy to do anything.

                  Comment

                  • Sol_Solis
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 661

                    #24
                    Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                    Trimspa?
                    I'm actually tryin' to lose some pounds at the moment, I just eat less, excercise more.
                    Get your carbs, and calories, try to be low fat, and get your food pyramaid I guess.
                    But yeah, exercise is the way to go.
                    Use more than you put in.
                    Last edited by Sol_Solis; 05-31-2006, 06:42 PM.

                    Comment

                    • ruifio894
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 675

                      #25
                      Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                      join lifetime.



                      Comment

                      • oxymoron15
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3

                        #26
                        Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                        I've heard that drinking some plain green tea(no sugar etc added) on a regular basis can help lose weight. It's worth a shot, green tea is healthy. Even if it doesn't help with weight loss it's not doing any harm.

                        Comment

                        • Hr2
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 2350

                          #27
                          Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                          Didn't read all the posts, but eating HEALTHY is more important than eating LESS. Don't eat fried foods, only eat lean meats, don't drink soda (instead drink water and juice) and exercise.

                          I'm underweight and have been for a while, but I know my parents have lost weight since my mom started cooking healthy foods instead of fatty foods. And also, just doing regular things will help, find something you have fun doing. I know I've always liked riding my bike.

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #28
                            Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                            I want to gain weight help

                            Comment

                            • esupin
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 1756

                              #29
                              Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                              Ultimate Frisbee.

                              http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                              Comment

                              • jbr7
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 89

                                #30
                                Re: anybody got any good tips or ideas for losing weight?

                                Originally posted by sertman
                                I want to gain weight help
                                Funny...It's the same way for me.

                                No matter how much I eat, be it junk food or healthy food, I don't gain weight. This is slightly unnerving, considering that this is the time when I should be growing and gaining weight regularly. It's also strange, because I never really get hungry, aside from a light snack or something. I can go a very long time without even thinking about eating. On school days, I don't eat breakfast or lunch (which is most likely what the problem is).

                                I am 17 years old, 5'10" tall, and weigh about 125-130 lbs. This means that my BMI (body mass index) is 17.9, and, according to most fitness institutions, I am underweight.

                                Being overweight isn't the only weight problem...

                                Comment

                                Working...