Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tps222
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2004
    • 6169

    #31
    Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

    My math teacher does.

    Deion Sanders does as well.

    Comment

    • JurseyRider734
      lil j the bad b-word
      • Aug 2003
      • 7507

      #32
      Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

      I share my birthdate with Marilyn Monroe.
      Originally posted by Arch0wl
      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

      Comment

      • TehWhack
        FFR Veteran
        • Aug 2003
        • 766

        #33
        Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

        I expected evilbutterfly to be a lot younger.

        I expected Banditcom to be about 38.

        Oh hay I used to play ITG

        Comment

        • banditcom
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 6243

          #34
          Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

          Originally posted by TehWhack
          I expected evilbutterfly to be a lot younger.

          I expected Banditcom to be about 38.

          Remove your ugly self from your av.

          chickendude: I hate probability... grr

          Comment

          • TehWhack
            FFR Veteran
            • Aug 2003
            • 766

            #35
            Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

            I love you too bandit. ; )
            Oh hay I used to play ITG

            Comment

            • esupin
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2003
              • 1756

              #36
              Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

              Just make sure you're in weekly view, or else you won't be able to see user inputted events.

              http://www.youtube.com/esupin

              Comment

              • MilfeulleSakuraba
                Ryoko Shintani is #1!
                • Feb 2006
                • 403

                #37
                Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                We worked on the birthday problem in Probability class a few weeks ago.

                I should go review my notes and explain why stuff is the way it is but I'm lazy.

                Comment

                • chickendude
                  Away from Computer
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 1901

                  #38
                  Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                  just find the probability that everyone's birthday is different

                  for 3 people its
                  (1 * 364/365 * 363/365)
                  for 5, its
                  (1 * 364/365 * 363/365 * 362/365 * 361/365)
                  etc. etc.

                  then you subtract it from 1 for the probability that 2 people will have the
                  same bday

                  for n people, probability that 2 people have the same bday is
                  1 - (365Pn)/(365^n) where P is permutation (aPb = a!/(a-b)!)

                  as you can see, that formula will asplode my regular calculator (365^80 anyone?). But my computer could calculate it no problem.

                  come on kilga, get in the game

                  Comment

                  • lord_carbo
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 6222

                    #39
                    Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                    Opps I JUST read this thread after submitting my b-day as an event >_> Doh, I feel so noob lol.

                    Goddamnit chickendude, I wanted to look like the smarty-pants with all that algebraic stuff. Sheesh, you people make it so hard for me to redeem myself.
                    Last edited by lord_carbo; 02-26-2006, 02:05 PM.
                    last.fm

                    Comment

                    • jewpinthethird
                      (The Fat's Sabobah)
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2002
                      • 11711

                      #40
                      Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                      Originally posted by lord_carbo
                      Opps I JUST read this thread after submitting my b-day as an event >_> Doh, I feel so noob lol.

                      Goddamnit chickendude, I wanted to look like the smarty-pants with all that algebraic stuff. Sheesh, you people make it so hard for me to redeem myself.
                      Dont worry, so I did I. BUt then I deleted it and submitted my birthday the more correct way.

                      Comment

                      • Tokzic
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 6878

                        #41
                        Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                        August is obviously the coolest month to have a birthday in.

                        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                        Comment

                        • chickendude
                          Away from Computer
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 1901

                          #42
                          Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                          Originally posted by lord_carbo
                          Opps I JUST read this thread after submitting my b-day as an event >_> Doh, I feel so noob lol.

                          Goddamnit chickendude, I wanted to look like the smarty-pants with all that algebraic stuff. Sheesh, you people make it so hard for me to redeem myself.
                          So did I but then I deleted and submitted my birthday the more correct way.

                          Then I put in some probability stuff. Algebra would be cool, but it just didn't work in that situation.

                          Comment

                          • locomotion
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2004
                            • 300

                            #43
                            Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                            Worst month to have a birthday is July.

                            --Lo--


                            ps: Sadly my birthday is the 25th of Jul >.<
                            I fly like paypa getz high like planeexxxxx!

                            Originally posted by deltro300111
                            ^_^ I forgot to tell you, I have herpes.
                            Originally posted by _A2P
                            Alright, nevermind the last post. I was just really freaked out that there was a female pedophile after me, so I tend to lose it. I just put a buddylist block on my screen name, so I should be safe. However, I hate buddylist block.
                            Originally posted by mead1
                            ROTFBMALFO

                            rolling on the floor because my artificial limbs fell off

                            Comment

                            • scorpio1690
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2003
                              • 4817

                              #44
                              Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                              Originally posted by chickendude
                              Its all probability,
                              I could try to figure it out right now
                              hold on, >_>

                              EDIT:
                              I got it,
                              the probability if there are 22 people is 47.5695% (assuming there are 365 days a year)

                              with 80 people *figures it out*
                              ****, calculator failure, big numbers
                              I might be able to pull this out, hold on
                              ok, I had to pull up the computer's calculator since the numbers have scientific exponents in the 700s

                              but I got it
                              with 80 people, the chances are
                              99.991433% that two people have the same birthday

                              its pretty cool
                              crap, my internet just died, now you don't get to see this message right away. Stupid wireless.

                              *tries more numbers*
                              with 10 people, the chances are 11.69%
                              with 15: 25.29%
                              with 20: 41.14%
                              with 25: 56.87%
                              with 30: 70.63%
                              with 35: 81.44%
                              with 40: 89.12%
                              Yeah, I'm wasting time, I want my internet back.

                              I'm going to see if I can figure it out with 365.25 days. It's gonna be a bunch harder.
                              yay I got it
                              for 22 people, assuming 365.25 days per year, the chances are 47.48%
                              I had to do that out by hand since my calculator can't do 365.25 factorial. google can.... but I have no internets.
                              stupid crappy wireless connection *plays SM*
                              I'LL BE BACK

                              DOUBLE EDIT:
                              o yayz it worked
                              this is what happens when my internet dies. I go insane.
                              But that's like saying that out of every single class in highschool there systematically has to be someone with the same birthday as you. I've yet to have anyone with the same birthday as me in any of my classes, once in grade three.

                              Comment

                              • Torlock
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 475

                                #45
                                Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                                October ftw.

                                Comment

                                Working...