Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chickendude
    Away from Computer
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2003
    • 1901

    #16
    Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

    the whole thing about people having sex more in the autumn/winter

    Comment

    • scorpio1690
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2003
      • 4817

      #17
      Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

      This calendar does not suffice for leap year babies...

      Comment

      • JurseyRider734
        lil j the bad b-word
        • Aug 2003
        • 7507

        #18
        Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

        Originally posted by chickendude
        the whole thing about people having sex more in the autumn/winter
        It seems more people have sex in January/February. I looked through the months and it showed October and November to have a dense number of birthdays.
        Originally posted by Arch0wl
        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

        Comment

        • Tps222
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2004
          • 6169

          #19
          Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

          Valentines day maybe Jurs?

          Comment

          • banditcom
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 6243

            #20
            Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

            Originally posted by esupin
            Whorli has the same b-day as me. Then again, so does roughly 1/365 people in the world(unless the whole thing about more babies being born in the summer months is true).
            Ehh... In a group of 22 people, there's a 50% chance that 2 people share the same birthday.

            Comment

            • chickendude
              Away from Computer
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2003
              • 1901

              #21
              Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

              In a group of like 80, isn't the chances like 99%?

              Comment

              • Pumble
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2005
                • 1301

                #22
                Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                ...

                Explain.

                Comment

                • scorpio1690
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 4817

                  #23
                  Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                  Originally posted by banditcom
                  Ehh... In a group of 22 people, there's a 50% chance that 2 people share the same birthday.
                  How do you know that's true at all...

                  Comment

                  • Spazzbite
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 2181

                    #24
                    Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                    The only person I know of that shares my birthday is Reach, and he's two years older than me.

                    Originally posted by Quicker
                    shades don't break unless you break them.

                    Comment

                    • chickendude
                      Away from Computer
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 1901

                      #25
                      Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                      Originally posted by scorpio1690
                      How do you know that's true at all...
                      Its all probability,
                      I could try to figure it out right now
                      hold on, >_>

                      EDIT:
                      I got it,
                      the probability if there are 22 people is 47.5695% (assuming there are 365 days a year)

                      with 80 people *figures it out*
                      ****, calculator failure, big numbers
                      I might be able to pull this out, hold on
                      ok, I had to pull up the computer's calculator since the numbers have scientific exponents in the 700s

                      but I got it
                      with 80 people, the chances are
                      99.991433% that two people have the same birthday

                      its pretty cool
                      crap, my internet just died, now you don't get to see this message right away. Stupid wireless.

                      *tries more numbers*
                      with 10 people, the chances are 11.69%
                      with 15: 25.29%
                      with 20: 41.14%
                      with 25: 56.87%
                      with 30: 70.63%
                      with 35: 81.44%
                      with 40: 89.12%
                      Yeah, I'm wasting time, I want my internet back.

                      I'm going to see if I can figure it out with 365.25 days. It's gonna be a bunch harder.
                      yay I got it
                      for 22 people, assuming 365.25 days per year, the chances are 47.48%
                      I had to do that out by hand since my calculator can't do 365.25 factorial. google can.... but I have no internets.
                      stupid crappy wireless connection *plays SM*
                      I'LL BE BACK

                      DOUBLE EDIT:
                      o yayz it worked
                      this is what happens when my internet dies. I go insane.
                      Last edited by chickendude; 02-25-2006, 06:25 PM.

                      Comment

                      • stlunatic0124
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3228

                        #26
                        Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                        In a group of people there's a greater chance that 2 people have the same birthday than people having a birthday in each of the twelve months.

                        Comment

                        • chickendude
                          Away from Computer
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 1901

                          #27
                          Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                          actually stlunatic
                          there's a point where it switches over
                          for example, if you have a group of 400 people, the chances are 100% that 2 people have the same birthday, but they are less than that.

                          I'm going to find this switchover point for fun right now, be back when I get it


                          EDIT:
                          you're right up to 65 people
                          at 66 people, the tables turn to the 2 people having the same birthday being more likely

                          they're both up in the 99.5%+ range though
                          Last edited by chickendude; 02-25-2006, 06:43 PM.

                          Comment

                          • JurseyRider734
                            lil j the bad b-word
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 7507

                            #28
                            Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                            shut up brainiac
                            Originally posted by Arch0wl
                            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                            Comment

                            • chickendude
                              Away from Computer
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 1901

                              #29
                              Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                              what, probability is fun

                              I had no internet connection

                              Comment

                              • NuclearShadow
                                FFR Player
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 1971

                                #30
                                Re: Calendar - Sweet! Get your birthdays on there.

                                I've only met I think 3 people in my whole life who even share the same birthday month as me. I have never met someone with the same birthday as me.
                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                I am retiring from SM as of right now. I am sick of beating you all with my perfect triple hamstrings and AAAAAA's. I have nothing more to accomplish.

                                Cheers,

                                Synthlight

                                Comment

                                Working...