Im so glad I don't go to a catholic school.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reach
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2003
    • 7471

    #16
    ''1) WTF is "whole language"? Do they mean they don't teach other languages like Spanish or French or whatever? And if so, why not? How can you spread Christian dogma to the world if you can't speak their language? If not, I haven't a clue what they're talking about here. ''

    Whole language is learning to speak based on recognition of words in the context of the sentence. It's basically the opposite of phonetics, which would be based off sounding the words. Like, you can tell the difference between desert and desert in a sentence using whole language.

    And uh, this is retarded. Lmfao. Not allowed reading outside of biblical books? Great. Let's breed little ignorant robots for the future!

    Comment

    • dontcareaboutmyid
      FFR Player
      • May 2003
      • 2103

      #17
      I like how they generalize rock

      What about... oh... i don't know... CHRISTIAN ROCK!!! and emphasis on old country as well.

      I can see "save a horse ride a cowboy" not wanting to be mentioned in hallowed halls.

      Overall though, this school is disfunctional and retarded.

      I wonder if they eat apples....
      Theory of Quantum Fetish Mechanics

      Comment

      • Snapps
        NO DOUBT GET LOUD
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2003
        • 5650

        #18
        Fuck the Christian religion. I'm sorry but there are so many holes in the bible and shit that people preach that doesn't even make any logical sense.

        I really think religion as a whole is a large waste. If it's to show us ways of living out lives without interferring into beliefs that associate with death or sin or whatever the hell they teach, then thats totally fine. But the fact that they tell people these things without any scientific proof is extremely dumb. It's like they're brainwashing them. The people in the early days must have been as gullible as fuck.

        ps Mt. St. Michael + St. Michael's Mountain

        Comment

        • whorlichan
          Tiny Plastic Meat
          • Apr 2004
          • 669

          #19
          Re: RE: Im so glad I don

          Originally posted by stretchypanda
          'll bet the teachers at that school make more than the average private school instructor.
          Quite possibly--but it's even MORE likely that they're not accredited. I know that, at least in California, you don't even need a teaching credential to be hired at a private school (y helo thar Kadima Hebrew Academy, yes I am bitter). For uber-Christians like this one, I think they'd take a non-accredited devout person over a religious-but-normal teacher.

          Which is just one more sucky thing for the kids at this school.
          Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
          First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
          My lame LJ
          My friend Cassie's amazing photography

          Comment

          • JurseyRider734
            lil j the bad b-word
            • Aug 2003
            • 7507

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: Im so glad I don

            I love how a century go, if we were to discuss religion like this, we would get hung or whatever.

            I sincerely believe the world is going to end soon or something. I just have this weird gut feeling i'm not going to grow old.
            Originally posted by Arch0wl
            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

            Comment

            • Grandiagod
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2004
              • 6122

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Im so glad I don

              I used to go to a christian school (got kicked out) and about half the teachers were not accredited.
              It just seems ridiculous that absolutely anything not having to do with the catholic religion is banned from the school. It seems like a major brainwasing tool.

              ps.Now I'm athiest.
              He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

              Comment

              • esupin
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2003
                • 1756

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Im so glad I don

                Comparable to Singapore, but at least you don't get caned by a martial artist for littering.

                http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                Comment

                • LinkinPark0509
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 7

                  #23
                  ahahah omg thats so insane

                  Comment

                  • Specforces
                    Yes
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 5028

                    #24
                    So I guess booty hip hop is ok then...
                    Check Out My Music

                    Comment

                    • NuclearShadow
                      FFR Player
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 1971

                      #25
                      That's just plain retarded and unnecessary having all of those rules. That is in no way how the Christian life is to be lived. Having all of these rules for these children to obey so that they can become perfect little angels on earth isn't what it's about at all. I do believe Jesus has a problem with the Pharisees, right?

                      p.s. snapps way to go ahead and attack christians does your post have anything to do with the discussion at all?
                      Originally posted by Synthlight
                      I am retiring from SM as of right now. I am sick of beating you all with my perfect triple hamstrings and AAAAAA's. I have nothing more to accomplish.

                      Cheers,

                      Synthlight

                      Comment

                      • lord_carbo
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 6222

                        #26
                        Holy fsck that is strict. Whoever is the principal in this school is a very boring person; probably a nun that needs to get laid or at least watch some T.V.
                        last.fm

                        Comment

                        • Omeganitros
                          auauauau
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 8897

                          #27
                          Jake: 5 grand? No problem, we'll have it for you in the morning. Let's go, Elwood.
                          Nun: No, no, I will not take your filthy stolen money.
                          Jake: Well then... I guess you're really up Shit Creek.
                          POW!
                          Nun: I beg your pardon, what did you say?
                          Jake: I offered to help you... You refused to take our money. Then I said; I guess you're really up Shit Creek.
                          POW!
                          Elwood: Christ Jake. Take it easy man.
                          POW!
                          Jake: Oh shit.
                          POW!
                          Elwood: Jesus Christ.
                          POW!
                          Jake: Shit.
                          POW!

                          Comment

                          • Moogy
                            嗚呼
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 10303

                            #28
                            Not all Christian schools are like this. This is some insane Southern fundamentalist omega-conservative school. At the private Christian school I go to, most kids don't even care about religion. That school is the polar opposite of mine.

                            Not that I'm defending Christianity, of course. It's still fucking retarded and all. This is just an extreme case.
                            Plz visit my blog

                            ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                            Comment

                            • super-smashman
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 2638

                              #29
                              I go to a catholic school.

                              I'd say a good third of the kids do drugs.

                              Tons more get drunk regularly.

                              Comment

                              • Tasuke
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 1671

                                #30
                                That's quite messed up. I went to a Catholic skool until halfway into 7th grade (at wthat point i was kicked out/ left) And that's like crazy strict. The kids in my classes would talk about sex and TV and all that sh*t. The teacher's would refrence TV shows and movies. One of my teachers said we should watch "SE7EN" to learn about the 7 deadly sins

                                Comment

                                Working...