Good news guys (For me, at least)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MalReynolds
    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
    • Sep 2003
    • 6571

    #31
    Originally posted by lord_carbo
    Lol $30. That's nothing, and this is coming from the guy who once did something extremely stupid for a quarter. I mean like "dude-you-are-SO-going-to-get-a-detention" kind of stupid.
    Originally posted by lord_carbo
    $30 is less than what some high schoolers make over the weekend. So it isn't much.
    I changed "lol" to "Rofl" and "high schoolers" to "wage dogs". I'm such an immature prat, ain't I.

    Still waiting for you to win Qreepy's challange, duder.

    Mal
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


    My new novel:

    Maledictions: The Offering.

    Now in Paperback!

    Comment

    • Eyoshi
      Certified Calendarwhore
      • Nov 2004
      • 1044

      #32
      Great job, Mal. I think you'll eventually move on to bigger and better things. And it's not really the the money that is the benefit of getting something published. Perhaps, one day a head of a big publishing company will spot his story in a magazine and contact him. In a way, it's like playing for a college team. Although you won't get money for it, there is a chance that a scout will notice your performance and becomes impressed with it.

      I did however, get a slight sense of oddness from this. According to a Craigslist post:
      Compensation: $30

      This is a contract job.

      Comment

      • lord_carbo
        FFR Player
        • Dec 2004
        • 6222

        #33
        Originally posted by MalReynolds
        Originally posted by lord_carbo
        Lol $30. That's nothing, and this is coming from the guy who once did something extremely stupid for a quarter. I mean like "dude-you-are-SO-going-to-get-a-detention" kind of stupid.
        Originally posted by lord_carbo
        $30 is less than what some high schoolers make over the weekend. So it isn't much.
        I changed "lol" to "Rofl" and "high schoolers" to "wage dogs". I'm such an immature prat, ain't I.
        With the addition of "I know what I'm talking about!", you are.

        Originally posted by MalReynolds
        Still waiting for you to win Qreepy's challange, duder.

        Mal
        There is no time limit on the challenge. I could take three years if I wanted to. That's actually in fact how long I'm going to take unless something pops up at any random moment.
        last.fm

        Comment

        • jewpinthethird
          (The Fat's Sabobah)
          FFR Music Producer
          • Nov 2002
          • 11711

          #34
          You could buy like...nine Grilled Stuft Burritos at Taco Bell!

          Comment

          • MalReynolds
            CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
            • Sep 2003
            • 6571

            #35
            Or... 90 packages of Ramen! That'd work very well... Considering that'd hold me for like... 45 days... And I love ramen... And other food is expensive...

            Carbo, I think the challange should be amended slightly. You have until you're 18. Fair, no, considering those were the restraints I worked under.

            Ta!

            Mal
            "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

            "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


            My new novel:

            Maledictions: The Offering.

            Now in Paperback!

            Comment

            • ckj846
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2004
              • 2437

              #36
              Nice job Mal! I don't think money is as important as the prestige in getting your work published. I would rather have thousands and thousands of people looking at my wrting then, lets say, $50. $30 is fine, in my opinion, considering that I will never get anythng published in my life. Good job and I hope that this turns into a great career path if you choose it Mal!
              O_o
              pyro31191: TELL EVERYONE YOU WANT TO TAKE IT IN THE ASS NOW
              pyro31191: rofl
              pyro31191: You should tell them earlier though
              pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights

              Comment

              Working...