Good news guys (For me, at least)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MalReynolds
    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
    • Sep 2003
    • 6571

    #16
    Originally posted by lord_carbo
    Lol $30. That's nothing, and this is coming from the guy who once did something extremely stupid for a quarter. I mean like "dude-you-are-SO-going-to-get-a-detention" kind of stupid.
    I'm so going to get a detention for getting a story published! Tee-hee *giggle*.

    First of all, get published. Then come talk to me about what a lot of money is. Thanks, Carbo. You're a sweetie..

    Second: It's an online horror magazine. I'm not paying anything, didn't even have to pay shipping on the story. So, that's that...

    And... Uh... Yeah. =) Rock sauce.

    Mal
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


    My new novel:

    Maledictions: The Offering.

    Now in Paperback!

    Comment

    • msbrunnettemickey
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2004
      • 1780

      #17
      RE: Good news guys (For me, at least)

      Great job Mal!
      =)

      בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
      מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
      יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
      אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
      אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
      אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
      ודואג ודואג נורא

      Comment

      • lightdarkness
        Summer!!
        • Jul 2003
        • 11310

        #18
        RE: Good news guys (For me, at least)

        Nice job!!!

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #19
          Originally posted by MalReynolds
          Rock sauce.
          Best phrase.

          Comment

          • Omeganitros
            auauauau
            • Jun 2003
            • 8897

            #20
            *Salute*

            Comment

            • lord_carbo
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2004
              • 6222

              #21
              Originally posted by MalReynolds
              Originally posted by lord_carbo
              Lol $30. That's nothing, and this is coming from the guy who once did something extremely stupid for a quarter. I mean like "dude-you-are-SO-going-to-get-a-detention" kind of stupid.
              I'm so going to get a detention for getting a story published! Tee-hee *giggle*.

              First of all, get published. Then come talk to me about what a lot of money is. Thanks, Carbo. You're a sweetie..

              Second: It's an online horror magazine. I'm not paying anything, didn't even have to pay shipping on the story. So, that's that...

              And... Uh... Yeah. =) Rock sauce.

              Mal
              $30 is less than what some high schoolers make over the weekend. So it isn't much.
              last.fm

              Comment

              • Tps222
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2004
                • 6169

                #22
                Yes, but he's not moving boxes for 6 hours, he is pulling up word, typing an idea he thought of for about 30 mins, and collecting the money. Now, I'm not saying this is easy, I'm just saying why it doesn't get more.

                Comment

                • QreepyBORIS
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 7454

                  #23
                  Carbo's uneducated. I challenge him to write a story and get it published anywhere that will pay him $30 or above. Nay (neighhhh), I'll lower that to $20, because I know he'll never make it.

                  Good job, Mal! I'm totally feelin' this "publishing" vibe.

                  ROCK STEADY!

                  Signature subject to change.

                  THE ZERRRRRG.

                  Comment

                  • lord_carbo
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 6222

                    #24
                    Oh, I see why you guys are bashing me. You guys thought I was saying $30 isn't a lot to brag about.

                    Lol.

                    What I was implying was he was getting underpayed. I typed that wrong. My apologies =/

                    Oh, and one more thing, before you bash me on that, too...

                    Originally posted by NaOTa4231
                    Someone is getting shortchanged.
                    Bash him/her on that, too.

                    And I accept your challenge, Qreepy. No, I seriously do.
                    last.fm

                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #25
                      No, we understood what you were saying. We were just saying you don't know what you are talking about in regards to how much a writer makes in that sense. Naota-grr. Happy?

                      Sorry for the Hi-Jack Mal, congrats.

                      Comment

                      • NaOTa4231
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 743

                        #26
                        Originally posted by lord_carbo
                        Oh, I see why you guys are bashing me. You guys thought I was saying $30 isn't a lot to brag about.

                        Lol.

                        What I was implying was he was getting underpayed. I typed that wrong. My apologies =/

                        Oh, and one more thing, before you bash me on that, too...

                        Originally posted by NaOTa4231
                        Someone is getting shortchanged.
                        Bash him/her on that, too.

                        And I accept your challenge, Qreepy. No, I seriously do.
                        omg.


                        http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                        1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #27
                          It's a tad different to go, "Well, you're getting shortchanged," than to go "Rofl you're only making 30 dollars I know minimum wage dogs who make more than you! I know what I'm talking about!"

                          It's not just the money, either, carbo... There's a certain amount of prestige that goes along with getting published.

                          Mal
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • The_Q
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2004
                            • 4391

                            #28
                            I have mentioned to you that you're my favorite, right?

                            Q

                            Comment

                            • lord_carbo
                              FFR Player
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 6222

                              #29
                              Originally posted by MalReynolds
                              It's a tad different to go, "Well, you're getting shortchanged," than to go "Rofl you're only making 30 dollars I know minimum wage dogs who make more than you! I know what I'm talking about!"

                              It's not just the money, either, carbo... There's a certain amount of prestige that goes along with getting published.

                              Mal
                              Your vague indirect refrence of me being the immature one is overshadowed by your mockery of me.

                              And yes, of course there is prestige, but for a small online magazine, I'd assume it would be more like self-accomplishment than prestige =/ Still, I never said that there wasn't a high accomplishment outside materialistic gains.
                              last.fm

                              Comment

                              • Tokzic
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 6878

                                #30
                                Carbo, you don't seem to know squat about writing. In this case, it's not so much the money as the fact that his work is good enough to be published. When you get published, other publishers get interested, and when other publishers get interested, you get better known. And there are more writers that don't even make it past the getting published stage than there are that do. Don't randomly post a critique of the money without considering the more important aspects first.

                                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                                Comment

                                Working...