Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jewpinthethird
    (The Fat's Sabobah)
    FFR Music Producer
    • Nov 2002
    • 11711

    #16
    Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

    Originally posted by deltro300111
    Originally posted by jewpinthethird
    I own a french horn...so I am kind of awesome. Right?
    You were awesome in the first place, so, since French Horns cause +1 awesome, .75 for playing .25 for owning, and since it's a french horn and not a trumpet it's worth half, you are at 1.125 awesomes.
    But I own and play the trumpet too.

    Comment

    • Tonberry_Kid
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 3408

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

      I play trumpet, cornet, mellophone, french horn, baritone, euphonium, trombone, snare, set, and a little piano and mallet instruments....I am multi-talented...Oh, and I can conduct decently ^o^...I wanna be drum major during marching season next year.
      UNLEASH THE DRAGON
      Originally posted by mead1
      My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

        Q: Hey, us French Horn don't get melodies either. And it's a tough instrument to play.


        And if our school had Strings, we would love them to death.

        Comment

        • stretchypanda
          shock me shock me
          • Sep 2004
          • 4123

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

          What? French horns get awesome melodies!

          And even better -- counter melodies! w00t!

          Comment

          • Tonberry_Kid
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 3408

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

            And french horns sound the absolute coolest XD!

            And yea, they do get awesome melodies...XD!
            UNLEASH THE DRAGON
            Originally posted by mead1
            My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

              Yea I like a Fr's part in ANY march....

              (Trumpets UNITE!!)
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • Arthur122368
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2005
                • 98

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Horn?

                I would like to see one of you bust out a Hardcore metallica solo on a guitar. HA! You cant. I am the supreme ruler!!!

                Comment

                • Pumble
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 1301

                  #23
                  Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Ho

                  Originally posted by Arthur122368
                  I would like to see one of you bust out a Hardcore metallica solo on a guitar. HA! You cant. I am the supreme ruler!!!
                  Actually, you fail at life for thinking the guitar is the only musical instrument worth a damn (not that guitars aren't cool too).

                  ps trumpetz

                  Comment

                  • stretchypanda
                    shock me shock me
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 4123

                    #24
                    Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Ho

                    Originally posted by Arthur122368
                    I would like to see one of you bust out a Hardcore metallica solo on a guitar. HA! You cant. I am the supreme ruler!!!
                    HEY GUESS WHAT.

                    Talk about guitars in the topic YOU created regarding guitars.

                    Don't be jealous of the amazing power that is the French horn.

                    Comment

                    • stretchypanda
                      shock me shock me
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 4123

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/Frenc

                      Bump for Hans.

                      Comment

                      • Omeganitros
                        auauauau
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 8897

                        #26
                        Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Ho

                        Originally posted by Arthur122368
                        I would like to see one of you bust out a Hardcore metallica solo on a guitar. HA! You cant. I am the supreme ruler!!!
                        I despell your level 6 Flame Sheild! FWAH!



                        You are lame and so are your guitar skills.




                        *Casts back level 6 Flame Sheild. FWAH!*

                        Comment

                        • HansSky
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 1925

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/Frenc

                          Oh. My. God.

                          This is an incredible topic. Probably the best FFR has ever had, IMO. Thanks for bumping it, Amanda. I would have never seen it if you didn't.

                          Anyway, yeah. French horns and mellophones are incredibly awesome. Greater than any other instrument out there. And no, this isn't me stating a biased opinion just because I play mellophone and horn. This is the truth. Trust me.
                          hi

                          Comment

                          • dancingmaniac3
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1873

                            #28
                            Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/French Ho

                            Originally posted by The_Q
                            I play viola.

                            Let's list off the things I have to go through. I don't get half the respect a band member does, I get less respect than a bassist, I endure the jokes of many, I never get any shred of melody unless its written as a solo and is, therefore, useless to me because I am perpetually second chair, and I still get incredibly hard supporting parts that dart between the lower strings and the upper strings, if not members off the woodwinds or brass!

                            You may call yourself cool, mellophones and French horns, but we know who really earns their respect.

                            Q
                            Same with me, as a violinist. 1st chair since the year started.


                            ps: My mom played the french horn.

                            no. seriously.

                            Comment

                            • tnyhwk900
                              FFR Player
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4106

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/Frenc

                              My friend Angela let me play her's. Does that count?

                              Comment

                              • Cenright
                                You thought I was a GUY?!
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 3139

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do/Have You Play/ed The Mellophone/Frenc

                                Mine was the Double Horn, which was great for me since I started on trumpet and moved to french horn. Having Bb on it was really nice. I also play Clarinet, Ocarina, and Baritone.

                                I hate the Mellophone. But putting the Fhorn mouthpiece on the trumpet always did pretty well.
                                Also, If you have the right size trumpet mouthpiece, the back of the Fhorn mouthpiece fits into the back of the trumpet mouthpiece, and is a really nice bugle.

                                I wish I had gotten to play flute too.
                                http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...Cube_in_55.mpg

                                Comment

                                Working...