Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your view.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #1

    Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your view.





    Yeah. Nicholas Cage is now a father. And what does he name his son?


    Kal-el. Yes, Kal-el. The Kal-el from Krypton.
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #2
    RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

    Gotta love those horrible parents we all know as celebrities.

    Then again, I know a kid named Jor-El. No joke.

    So apparently all people have a chance to be horrible parents.

    Comment

    • Eyoshi
      Certified Calendarwhore
      • Nov 2004
      • 1044

      #3
      RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

      O. M. G.
      Who would name their son after Superman? Nobody can appear in my mind to answer this question, until now.
      So...I wonder how much the boy will be made fun of in school. I mean, sure, his dad's famous, but come on!

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #4
        RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

        Whorli and I were discussing this yesterday. I like Kal-El (although Jur-El is better) as a name... funny, really... but my real issue is with the middle name. Coppola. Hasn't that family done enough bad to Hollywood? Now they got Nick Cage's kid to continue spreading the horrid name. Except Apocalypse Now... that can stay. Except the redux part... that should never have been released.
        RIP

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #5
          RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

          He can just say his name is Calvin at school and stuff. Not a big deal. Plus, it is a cool name.

          Comment

          • iggymatrixcounter
            FFR Veteran
            • Nov 2003
            • 1924

            #6
            RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

            This kid is pretty unlucky I mean yea Superman is pretty big, but except for Smallville there's really no Superman. So by the time this kid is in HS will people even remember the comic or much less respect it enough to not make him more outta place than he already is?
            lastfm
            PANDORA

            Comment

            • plasmix
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2003
              • 3639

              #7
              RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

              I never liked his movies.

              Comment

              • whorlichan
                Tiny Plastic Meat
                • Apr 2004
                • 669

                #8
                RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

                Right, we were discussing this, except I think it's ridiculous. Not to mention that his father was JOR-El, not Jur-El. How come the guys get retarded names and the girls end up with normal ones like Lara and Kara? (Okay, maybe they're really into rhymes, I dunno.)

                This poor kid got shafted on the name game. Either he'll be super-cool (pun!) or he'll be so nerdy and horrible (and with Nic Cage as his dad that's REALLY a possibility, look at the guy! he's short and hideous!) that even his super-cool name won't save him and he'll be beat up until his daddy puts him in a private school with Moxie Crimefighter Jillette and that other kid. Audiovisual Loser whatever his name was.
                Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                My lame LJ
                My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                Comment

                • Chromer
                  Hookers and Blow
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 4981

                  #9
                  RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

                  The same could be said for children whose parents name them Aerith or Sephiroth. >_<

                  Comment

                  • gowereinside
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 317

                    #10
                    RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on your v

                    LOL
                    I heard about it on the daily show, i think its damn near Hilarious

                    Comment

                    • Pumble
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 1301

                      #11
                      Re: RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on yo

                      Originally posted by Chromer
                      The same could be said for children whose parents name them Aerith or Sephiroth. >_<
                      This has occured?

                      Comment

                      • HansSky
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 1925

                        #12
                        Re: RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends on yo

                        Originally posted by Pumble
                        Originally posted by Chromer
                        The same could be said for children whose parents name them Aerith or Sephiroth. >_<
                        This has occured?
                        Not until I have kids.
                        hi

                        Comment

                        • Chromer
                          Hookers and Blow
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 4981

                          #13
                          RE: Re: RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends o

                          Yes it has. It was reported in EGM that a couple named thier two paternal twin (boy and girl), Sephiroth and Aerith. Both parents were huge fans of FFVII obviously.

                          Comment

                          • esupin
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1756

                            #14
                            RE: Re: RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends o

                            I saw this in the morning before school, while watching the local news. I guess I was too sleepy to register it until now.

                            http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                            Comment

                            • Laharl
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 1821

                              #15
                              RE: Re: RE: Poor, poor, kid. Or, maybe, lucky kid. Depends o

                              This isn't so bad.

                              You all know what Jason Lee named his kid, right?

                              Pilot Inspektor. I am not making this up.
                              SIG PICTURES:

                              POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

                              Comment

                              Working...