Women gets pissed at Adult Swim

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alextrebek
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2002
    • 216

    #31
    Originally posted by ImEric12
    Completely moronic.


    Also, mr47, I take it you're in on the 47 phenomenon?
    I may not be mr47, but I am in. God, I didn't think I'd see somebody else who was in on it on FFR

    Comment

    • User6773

      #32
      Originally posted by tristia
      I think shes so infuriated because Cartoon Network is actually making her monitor what her kids watch. She can't just plop her kids in front of the TV and let them absorb, which is probably what she had previously been doing.
      Wins the thread.

      Now which is easier: trying to contact Cartoon Network and get them to cancel the block of programming which has given the network scores of new viewers, or simply changing the channel when something comes on your kids shouldn't see?

      Or even using the V-chip to block out shows TV-14 or higher? That's a novel thought.

      Comment

      • lightdarkness
        Summer!!
        • Jul 2003
        • 11310

        #33
        Or.

        Just let her kids watch anyway, and let her keep complaining, because she will never get it cancled

        Comment

        • blitzmage
          Banned
          • Sep 2003
          • 506

          #34
          Spelt, Past tense. =O

          She forgot to say her please and thank you, I am seriously offended by her. =(
          "Adult Swim needs to swim all its way into cancellation." Worst. Joke. Ever.

          Comment

          • lightdarkness
            Summer!!
            • Jul 2003
            • 11310

            #35
            I was just watching Full House on ABC Family, and they were teaching kids to ditch people while playing hide and go seek. I DEMAND THIS BE TAKEN OFF THE AIR! I don't want those morals being tought to my future kids.

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #36
              Just got home.

              FIRST OF ALL. This lady used the word "drek" twice in this article. Nobody says "drek" anymore. Nobody EVER said "drek". WHAT IS A "DREK"?!

              Second.

              Inuyasha has extreme violence, swearing, perverted monks and demons... you'll frequently see two girls bathing together, with the star character peeping from the bushes."
              Ok. With this, this lady loses her entire argument. Inuyasha was made for kids in Japan. Two girls bathing together? What's wrong with that? You don't let your kids bathe together when they are 4? Loser. Watch more shows that came from Japan. Also, she punishes the peeper the ONLY time he peeps in the 160 episodes to show that peeping is wrong. You see, morals and ethics underly the theme.

              The first show, Family Guy, is an example of everything that's wrong with society. I was shocked from what I saw, and was amazed that any sane person could create something this vile, on a network that kids watch every day.
              She never watches Fox, I see. It was there for 3 years before it came to CN. And I watched similar shows (simpsons) when I was like 7. And I a horrible person? (Don't answer that.)

              As was said before, the lady needs to learn to see TV ratings. MOST kids should be in bed before 9 at whatever age hers are at. That's when mommy and daddy take over the TV and the kids sleep. That's because ANY channel the kids go to will be "bad". Nickelodeon runs Nick at Nite, CN runs Adult Swim, and everybody else does whatever they do.

              I saw my first episode of SNL when I was 5. I saw The Fugitive when I was 6 or 7. Not only did I have no idea what was going on, I wasn't influenced by it in any way. I didn't know what a gun looked like or what a dead person was or what a few of the words they said meant. Since I didn't know, I didn't ask and never spoke of it again.

              ~Squeek

              Comment

              • TACODUDE
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2003
                • 394

                #37
                V-E-E-C-H-I-P.



                Also, the Disney Channel has stuff like this all the time. Has anyone ever seen the Boy Meets World when they talked about sex, or how about the one about the co-ed bathrooms, when that guy got his towel pulled off, and that chick was all like, "Wow."



                So, WTFBBQ to you, Ms. Hoover.
                ZOMG I\'M BAK GUYZ LOL

                I LOVE POKEMON! LOL

                Comment

                • BluE_MeaniE
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 796

                  #38
                  Well, during the end seasons of Boy Meets World, Corey and Topanga were, in fact, married, so they had no problem talking about sex.
                  "Problems with performance?"
                  "You tell me, Topanga. Ha ha ha, (wink)"
                  "Yes."
                  [Audience laughs]
                  Like that episode.

                  However,

                  in conclusion, this woman is a prude, and quite possibly, a bad parent.
                  Originally posted by Henri Poincaré
                  The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful.

                  Comment

                  • Privateer
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 2962

                    #39
                    V-Chip. The end.

                    Comment

                    • TACODUDE
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 394

                      #40
                      Yeah, but Disney Channel? I personally don't care, but would you like your little bro watching Mickey and Minnie humping under the sheets, while the kid's mind boggles? Sex is everywhere, you can't hide it from 'em forever, Ms. Hoover.
                      ZOMG I\'M BAK GUYZ LOL

                      I LOVE POKEMON! LOL

                      Comment

                      • alextrebek
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 216

                        #41
                        Personally, I'm against the V-chip, simply because I fear that a parent could go crazy with it, because I seriously believe that by 13 or 14, a kid is prepared to see most things, including but not limited to non-fetish pornography.

                        Comment

                        • CypherToorima
                          Boss of all bosses
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 2452

                          #42
                          She needs to bo removed from the gene pool. She is a bad parent. She should be shot in the lower stomache so she can no longer reproduce(yeah, I'm an asshole).

                          Bad parenting needs to be punishable by law. Really bad parenting already is (abuse, negect. ect.) and well, this is a lesser form of neglect.

                          She loses at life.
                          I'm a figantic gaggot

                          Comment

                          • User6773

                            #43
                            V-Chip (for EXTREME)

                            Comment

                            • TACODUDE
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 394

                              #44
                              ROFFLES, chardish. It will keep little kids from playing Little Bitch.
                              ZOMG I\'M BAK GUYZ LOL

                              I LOVE POKEMON! LOL

                              Comment

                              • alextrebek
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 216

                                #45
                                Originally posted by chardish
                                V-Chip (for EXTREME)
                                Hahahaha. Nice. However, relating it to one of my favorite DDR songs as a joke still doesn't make me like it.

                                Comment

                                Working...