ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reincarnate
    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
    • Nov 2010
    • 6332

    #31
    Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

    I personally hate the smacking -- but I like the "clicks" of certain hard consonants when whispered

    Comment

    • Cavernio
      sunshine and rainbows
      • Feb 2006
      • 1987

      #32
      Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

      Well in a regular conversation, the moist sound of someone smacking's gross. But the soft barely audible sound of it is quite different.

      Comment

      • igotrhythm
        Fractals!
        • Sep 2004
        • 6535

        #33
        Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

        Originally posted by Trogdor!!!!
        >Japan channel
        >Balls in asshole
        >NEVER EVER WATCH PAST 5:45
        Originally posted by thesunfan
        I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

        Comment

        • Spenner
          Forum User
          • Nov 2006
          • 2403

          #34
          Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

          This is REALLY bizarre... but the essence of my synesthesia has to do with a visual representation of ASMR. It involves visualizing a large dark blue ball, and then a PIXEL sized dark blue speck that runs through the dark blue ball, and stretches the membrane of it. It is so small in detail that it causes my brain to go into an ASMR type state, especially when I imagine these things circling/rotating each other when this animation happens.

          This may or may not also be related but I get a similar sensation if I see a swarm of bugs over my head, a flock of birds taking off, and maybe fireworks.

          Comment

          • drizzleRomanceGirl
            It's okay to be yourself.
            • Oct 2012
            • 2963

            #35
            Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

            I sometimes have this sensation when my Aunt who lives in another state visits me and is affectionate with me. For most people, I would be really uncomfortable when someone hugged me for no reason. However, the way she used to hug me and stroke my hair when I was about seven-years-old somehow gives me the same feeling as an adult...
            hi

            my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

            Division 5 2nd place

            Originally posted by hosua
            Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
            Originally posted by rushyrulz
            Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
            Originally posted by aperson
            can y'all take a break and kiss
            (the first section of this chapter)

            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

            Comment

            • Spenner
              Forum User
              • Nov 2006
              • 2403

              #36
              Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

              I think that's more along the lines of nostalgia, though there could be a related mechanism.

              PS does the voice in this employ ASMR? It starts at 2:00. It's always given me a similar feeling to the gentle voices stuff.


              Comment

              • Trogdor!!!!
                Forum User
                • Jul 2008
                • 1664

                #37
                Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                Originally posted by igotrhythm
                >japan channel
                >balls in asshole
                >never ever watch past 5:45
                5:45 onward is the best part though
                Violets Forever

                Comment

                • hi19hi19
                  lol happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 12194

                  #38
                  Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard



                  First part of the video is okay but the head massage part I linked is just





                  mmm massage


                  Comment

                  • hi19hi19
                    lol happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 12194

                    #39
                    Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                    Oh by the way Fairy Char is also a really good ASMR channel



                    But she looks exactly like a female Litodude and once I realized that it more or less ruined every one of her videos for me rofl all I see is his avatar
                    Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-2-2014, 01:01 PM.


                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #40
                      Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                      can't stand the videos with voices apparently, but I found this channel (on /mu/ of all places) and it's practically a treasure trove



                      i'm going nuts

                      Comment

                      • Izzy
                        Snek
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 9195

                        #41
                        Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                        Thanks, always looking for new channels for this.

                        Comment

                        Working...