ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Izzy
    Snek
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2003
    • 9195

    #16
    Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

    I can't understand how passive sounds creep you out. Or are you just creeped out by the tingly feeling?

    Comment

    • omega_grunt666
      Nescio quid faciam
      • Jul 2004
      • 894

      #17
      Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

      Theres a subreddit (/r/asmr) that has a bunch of common triggers (usually talking, or instructional videos).

      This one did it for me:

      Comment

      • Coolboyrulez0
        VICES
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2006
        • 10042

        #18
        Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

        Originally posted by Izzy
        I can't understand how passive sounds creep you out. Or are you just creeped out by the tingly feeling?
        I don't get any tingly feeling because it doesn't affect me. The videos of people "soothingly" talking into a mic are just weird and awkward.
        Passive, ambient sounds are nice though but I can just listen to ambient music then instead of purely ambient sounds.
        https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
        https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

        Comment

        • Izzy
          Snek
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2003
          • 9195

          #19
          Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

          Things are only as awkward as you want to perceive them to be. If you don't want it to be awkward then just assume it isn't.

          I'm pretty sure listening to music can potentially trigger the same effect. I remember the very last song in cowboy bebop after spike died gave me tingly feelings. So I assume if some song triggers some kind of emotional response in a state of relaxation you'd probably get the same asmr feeling. Repeated exposure probably desensitizes you from it though.

          Comment

          • Wafles
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2013
            • 1988

            #20
            Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

            The weird whispering stuff comes across as creepy to me too.
            I've literally never experienced this ASMR sensation that people seem to like. I've tried it (with good headphones/speakers too), but it just doesn't happen for me.

            http://smleaderboards.net/profile/view/Wafles

            Comment

            • Izzy
              Snek
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2003
              • 9195

              #21
              Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

              Originally posted by Trogdor!!!!
              Wasn't able to listen to this before, but as soon as I did I knew within 1 nanosecond that it had to be by nyanners. That video wasn't very relaxing at all.

              Comment

              • Evnoir
                _(:3」∠)_
                • Sep 2008
                • 978

                #22
                Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                I usually experience ASMR when I'm at libraries that are near dead silent. Every whisper, every flip of a page, every step becomes an audible sensation.
                Asides from that, Bob Ross #1 master lol

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #23
                  Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                  This happens to me whenever I get a haircut. Whether it's the agile slidey-metallic snip-snip-snip of the scissors, or the buzz of the... whatever the hell that thing is called, word is escaping me at the moment... buzzer? Err, wait, is it seriously buzzer? Seems wrong. Anyway, that.
                  Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-27-2014, 08:24 AM.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy
                    Snek
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 9195

                    #24
                    Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                    Seems like half fo all asmr videos on youtube involve haircut role playing.

                    Comment

                    • devonin
                      Very Grave Indeed
                      Community Manager
                      Event Staff
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 10120

                      #25
                      Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                      You get quiet sound right by your ears, and weird tactile inputs. Doesn't surprise me at all.

                      Comment

                      • choof
                        Banned
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 8563

                        #26
                        Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                        Originally posted by Izzy
                        Things are only as awkward as you want to perceive them to be. If you don't want it to be awkward then just assume it isn't.

                        I'm pretty sure listening to music can potentially trigger the same effect. I remember the very last song in cowboy bebop after spike died gave me tingly feelings. So I assume if some song triggers some kind of emotional response in a state of relaxation you'd probably get the same asmr feeling. Repeated exposure probably desensitizes you from it though.
                        or maybe some people think things are weird and awkward

                        different strokes for different folks

                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #27
                          Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard



                          his accent hjhlkajshdfe

                          Comment

                          • Reincarnate
                            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6332

                            #28
                            Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard



                            I haven't watched this yet but it seems like it has quite a few

                            Comment

                            • I like it
                              Housekeeper
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 2123

                              #29
                              Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                              ive been watching these vids for a while now and although i dont usually get the 'sensation' that comes with them i enjoy em cause theyre super relaxing and i can fall asleep np after a quick lil session

                              Comment

                              • Cavernio
                                sunshine and rainbows
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 1987

                                #30
                                Re: ASMR - the opposite of nails on a chalkboard

                                It's all about the little sounds that a person makes when they talk that aren't part of the actual word, like lips slightly smacking, the intakes of breath.

                                Comment

                                Working...