Pauline Marois and Parti Québécois win Québec Elections
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Pauline Marois and Parti Québécois win Québec Elections
True. But even the stuff we need/want, there is still not enough income for it to happen, which make us a charge for the rest of canada. We can make some good money with milk, meat, energy, copper and iron, and we have the potential to get uranium and other stuff, but with how expensive the health system is, and how badly we manage everything from road construction to scholarship toll, we don't weight in the good side of the balance. Hence why I support a tax raise. Of course there is the potential to do something though, we have everything at hand. But for not it is not happening.well managing money is a completely different story. realistically there's enough exports to do decently, even more so Japan. Iceland is a prime example though because they have little exports and rely heavily on their motherland.
36 billion could've been used towards many projects and reforms
instead we waste it on fighter planes we don't need
that's just bad money management.
About that comment saying Quebec doesn't know How lucky it is with the school fees, well that only works if you look only in North America.Forgot where I put my old sig lolComment
-
Re: Pauline Marois and Parti Québécois win Québec Elections
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but it's not all about the money, we don't want money that comes out of oil sands, it's terrible. No gas exploitation affecting protected areas either.
About the comparison, it's not about who has less or more, it's about what we think is fundamental and should be free. I don't mind everyone, as a community, paying it in other already existing and obvious ways, I just don't want our money to be invested in over the top military expenses. (PS, we have a lot of good stuff in Quebec, and I'm not the kind of guy who wants a completely eco-friendly finance system, it doesn't make sense, the statements above are extremes, but they are existing)
What's a nation? ''A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history. In this definition, a nation has no physical borders.'' I could never say I'm Canadian, it's not about being a whiny bitch, and this does not mean that I don't like Canadians, we have transfer students from Ontario and once they are here, they notice the difference, and luckily for them, most of us speak english. Or else they would be lost. (lol)
Last edited by Stage:; 09-6-2012, 09:44 PM.i love gabbaComment
-
Re: Pauline Marois and Parti Québécois win Québec Elections
You're canadian because you live in Canada. I'm canadian because I live in Canada. As much as you want to be bonded by language, culture and ethnicity, that's not how countries work a generation after they're made, and if Quebec became its own country, you'd be one of the lucky few in the history of the world who got to say 'I made my country, it was my choice'.Comment




Comment