Help with the most frustrating device of my life

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ninjaKIWI
    plain old ugly ass dumbas
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 3307

    #16
    Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

    Originally posted by speeddemon
    As I said in my post, my mom refuses to let me do that. She has some odd issue with having wires in her room, even though for about 10 years her room has been her office, so longer ethernet cables are out. Was my preferred solution but she cockblocked me :/
    Just wanted to be clear that you did not in fact say that.

    we can't move the router to my room because it's derp.
    So let me get this straight. The router is in HER room, and she doesn't want a cord going to her room?
    Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
    "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
    "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
    "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
    "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
    "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

    Comment

    • Bluearrowll
      ⊙▃⊙
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Nov 2007
      • 7376

      #17
      Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

      Also try this for a more aggressive connection:

      Under your Wireless Network Connection Status,
      1) Go to Properties (Requires Admin)
      2) Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
      3) Click Configure
      4) Under 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4, make sure Auto is selected.
      5) Under 802.11n Channel Width for band 5.2, make sure Auto is selected.
      6) 802.11n mode Enabled.
      7) Roaming Aggressiveness set to 5. Highest (Default should be 3. Medium).
      8) Thoroughput Enhancement should be Enabled.
      9) Set Transmit Power to 5. Highest (default should be 3. Medium).
      10) Set Wireless Mode to 6. 802.11a/b/g.

      This will eat up more bandwidth, but hopefully you should have a stronger, faster connection.
      1st in Kommisar's 2009 SM Tournament
      1st in I Love You`s 2009 New Year`s Tournament
      3rd in EnR's Mashfest '08 tournament
      5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
      9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
      10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
      10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

      FMO AAA Count: 71
      FGO AAA Count: 10

      Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
      PS: Cool AAA's Terry
      - I Love You


      An Alarm Clock's Haiku
      beep beep beep beep beep
      beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
      beep beep beep beep beep
      - ieatyourlvllol

      Comment

      • Crashfan3
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 2937

        #18
        Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

        Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
        No need to move the router to your room. Just buy a longer ethernet cable. I have my HTPC in my living room upstairs hard wired. The router is in the basement.
        You should convince your mom to let you do this. My wireless signal was atrocious (metal roof ftl) so now I'm hooked up via ~150 ft of ethernet cable that I ran out of the main house, underground, and out to me.

        Comment

        • Winrar
          Quasi-porn
          • Jan 2008
          • 1843

          #19
          Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

          My dad was nice enough to drill a hole through the floor since the modem is downstairs and my comp is upstairs.

          Originally posted by Staiain
          I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

          Comment

          • speeddemon
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 404

            #20
            Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

            Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
            Just wanted to be clear that you did not in fact say that.



            So let me get this straight. The router is in HER room, and she doesn't want a cord going to her room?
            I would've thought it would be clear when I said I couldn't be hardwired in, but I suppose I did not explicitly state that, sure. And yes. It's in her room and she refuses to have any wires running through it. Even if they're stapled to a corner of the roof and drawn through the house in an inconspicuous fashion or sent through a hole in the wall, etc. Silly, right? Trying various things suggested, will edit in results.

            Results:
            Okay so as far as the tethering my phone to the computer goes, I don't really have an extra sd card laying around and I'd rather not root my phone anyway because I'm a bit paranoid that I'll ruin something. Tried the pdanet thing, but it says it actually doesn't work for HTC phones because of some lock or something, and tells you to call Sprint to set up the hotspot services, so that's a no go. The phone itself can connect to the wireless network, but the computer doesn't seem to use it when I try to tether it.

            @Bluearrow; I get into configure and only find 802.11h+d and 802.11n Preamble, so asking if those are fine or if something different needs to be done or if you need more information or what before I continue.
            Last edited by speeddemon; 03-13-2012, 09:56 AM.

            Comment

            • Kibblre
              Caelondia Represent
              • Jul 2004
              • 1984

              #21
              Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

              Try checking out an powerline adapter kit. It will allow you to be wired anywhere in your house without running wires all over. I have 2 kits in my house and they work perfectly.
              Какой идиот придумал Бутерброд с дикобраза? Он хулиган и бездельник.

              Comment

              • Cavernio
                sunshine and rainbows
                • Feb 2006
                • 1987

                #22
                Re: Help with the most frustrating device of my life

                Ah, the joys of living at home.

                Comment

                Working...