If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Syhto
    BuMP it
    • Mar 2006
    • 2466

    #46
    Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

    in the year 252525
    Originally posted by ~jrodd
    keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
    Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
    I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

    Comment

    • 00Razor00
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2006
      • 3530

      #47
      Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

      Originally posted by DarknessXoXLight
      THIS! I would wield my bow and arrow with class and skill! :')
      okay Ashe lol



      i'll take any year between 470 and 1450


      Originally posted by t-rogdor
      hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

      Comment

      • who_cares973
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2006
        • 15407

        #48
        Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

        id like to be born 15 years before the time machine would be put into production

        Comment

        • Reincarnate
          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
          • Nov 2010
          • 6332

          #49
          Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

          Originally posted by darkshark
          2500 doesn't seem even remotely far enough.

          Year 250,000,000 for me.
          I fear we won't make it anywhere near that far, but I hope to be wrong... sadly I will never know D:

          Either by then we would have figured out how to spread outside Earth or we're fuxed

          Comment

          • Spenner
            Forum User
            • Nov 2006
            • 2403

            #50
            Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

            th year 69,

            LoL

            Comment

            • darkshark
              Nothing.
              • Nov 2004
              • 4189

              #51
              Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

              Originally posted by Reincarnate
              I fear we won't make it anywhere near that far, but I hope to be wrong... sadly I will never know D:

              Either by then we would have figured out how to spread outside Earth or we're fuxed
              I feel like we'll have the technology to populate other planets within the next hundred years or so, I feel like humans won't be dying out entirely literally ever, unless the sun collapses or something before we can get out of this solar system. Just the fact that we can already teleport atoms gives me hope that we'll be able to travel vast distances to other habitable planets.

              I can't even begin to imagine what the year 250,000,000 would be like. Hope we do make it that far.

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #52
                Re: If you could be reborn in any time period, what would it be?

                Originally posted by darkshark
                I feel like we'll have the technology to populate other planets within the next hundred years or so, I feel like humans won't be dying out entirely literally ever, unless the sun collapses or something before we can get out of this solar system. Just the fact that we can already teleport atoms gives me hope that we'll be able to travel vast distances to other habitable planets.

                I can't even begin to imagine what the year 250,000,000 would be like. Hope we do make it that far.
                Traveling to other planets requires... god I can't even get into this topic without feeling incredible disappointment. It's way beyond our reach technologically and economically right now.

                There are so many roadblocks in the way and each one of them is gargantuan. Even quantum teleportation can't get around the biggest obstacle: the speed of light. Even at the speed of light, traveling to other planets is just not realistic. Wormholes are suggested alternatives but they're largely theoretical, and even if they WERE possible, they rely on physics that are ridic. To stabilize a wormhole throat of 1 meter diameter or so, you need a Jupiter-sized mass of exotic matter. Exotic matter is not even certain to exist (negative energy density fffffuuuu).

                Not only that, but the universe has been capable of supporting life for billions of years now. Our universe is beyond massive and it's highly likely that we've got tons of intelligent civilizations out there, many of which have begun long before us. The problem is that we obviously don't see any huge, obvious signs of anyone else having achieved interstellar technology even after billions of years.

                Of course, a lot of that is speculative and can still be explained away otherwise, but it's just one of those things that I am not optimistic about. I really, really, really hope I'm wrong, because I'm usually optimistic about science and human ingenuity.
                Last edited by Reincarnate; 03-7-2012, 11:11 PM.

                Comment

                Working...