Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LJRoX
    Banned
    • Mar 2005
    • 2762

    #31
    Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

    FF6 because Illumina

    Comment

    • Artic_counter
      FFR Veteran
      • Jan 2007
      • 1002

      #32
      Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

      I unfortunately never played FF6 Hence my decision for FF4. I found it to be totally amazing story wise. Plenty of fun and wasn't all about mindlessly grinding stats and levels (FF2 anyone ?). LOVED the final dungeon in FF4 where you had to take some tests depending on the characters you had. Cecil needed to do stuff like keeping a old man chest's without opening it while he was away (after he had told us there was an AMAZING SUPER POWERFUL item in it xD) or Lance being a detective and stuff xD Ahhh great times.

      I just remembered that I saved just before Exdeath in FF5 =_= Totally forgot that I didn't finish it lol. I'm sure I'll kick his ass.

      P.S.: The Start of FF2 : Soul of Rebirth (the addition for the GBA) is ****ING HARD. Especially when you deprive your dead characters of their weapon and armors before they died in the game (if you know what I mean)...
      Last edited by Artic_counter; 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM.


      Comment

      • Kairi_and_Sora789
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2006
        • 187

        #33
        Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

        Phew. Besides XII, i've only played all the cartridge-era games, so this makes my choice a little easier...

        But, it's still really hard to choose. I'd pick V over III, VI over IV, as for I and II, I haven't spent much time playing the originals.

        So I guess i'd say VI. Love the characters, love the music, and the story. IV was just never really a favorite of mine; I don't know why. I'm not a huge fan of the characters and story, and the music wasn't exceptionally better than all the other games.

        I love V though. Hard choice. Job system was awesome, pretty good story for a game that didn't take itself seriously.
        Last edited by Kairi_and_Sora789; 07-12-2011, 07:53 PM.

        ~

        Comment

        • ~kitty~
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2007
          • 988

          #34
          Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

          Originally posted by Reincarnate
          I think a properly balanced RPG needs characters who you shouldn't want to keep in your party at all times. There *should* be a balance present such that certain characters will be absolutely useless and others will be essential. Of course, there should be plenty of battles in-between where you can mix-and-match in accordance to your desired playstyle.

          However, I feel like too many RPG's lack this balance.
          Have you played Chrono Trigger? If you have, how did you like it? It's for the SNES so... couldn't this fit into this topic?

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #35
            Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

            Originally posted by ~kitty~
            Have you played Chrono Trigger? If you have, how did you like it? It's for the SNES so... couldn't this fit into this topic?
            Yeah, CT is one of my favorite RPGs.

            Comment

            • LJRoX
              Banned
              • Mar 2005
              • 2762

              #36
              Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

              Uhh Chrono Cross
              most characters in a jrpg

              Comment

              • vro
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 378

                #37
                Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                Originally posted by LJRoX
                Uhh Chrono Cross
                most characters in a jrpg
                I'm not trying to get off topic, but I own this game, and I hate it for that very reason. I find it really hard to get into the story because the majority of the characters don't affect the story AT ALL.

                Comment

                • MrMagic5239
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 4096

                  #38
                  Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                  PS there is no character named Lance in FF4


                  Jusssssssssssssst sayin
                  ~Grand Chase Stats~
                  Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                  Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
                  Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
                  Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                  Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
                  Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
                  Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                  Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
                  Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

                  Comment

                  • chocobothief12
                    Getting faster with time
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 695

                    #39
                    Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                    Don't tease the octopus kids. I actually liked playing though FF2 on the PS1 because to me it felt like the game wanted to pace players instead of just having them rush through everything with over leveled characters. Also, the keyword memorization system was a pretty interesting concept for progressing the story. I also loved FF4 because even though you had a bigger than normal averageg FF party, you would still easily get your ass handed to you on a plate by some of the bosses, like the damn dark elf in the metallic cave. I loved the storyline as well as the soundtrack too. It's tied with 6 for me for best cartridge FF game ever. 6 had so much content and so many characters and yet there's hardly anything a true fan wouldn't be able to remember. Whether it be cursing at your screen for Chupon sneezing you out of a victory in the arena, or trolling the phantom train with a pheonix (fenix) down. The game had plenty to do. A nice little concept as well in 6 that I found interesting is that it rewarded players with better items in certain chests if they didn't run off looting every single chest they could find. Last but not least, Dancing Mad beats Safer Sephiroths theme by a mile in my opinion.

                    Comment

                    • _Stepdude_
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 641

                      #40
                      Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                      I'm a huge FF nerd and my absolute favourite game has to be VI. Just love the music, characters, story and did I mention music? But I really like V and IV aswell. I don't like I and II for some weird reason. FFIII was tedious. Nothing more.

                      Comment

                      • Coolboyrulez0
                        VICES
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 10042

                        #41
                        Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                        Although they are in faint memory it was a close call between FFV and FFVI.

                        I absolutely have to replay the NES/SNES era FF games because those are superior to the PS ones. [inb4ff7fanboiz]

                        Any good compilations / collections out there? I know there are quite a few remakes but I think I'd prefer the originals on one disc / cartridge.
                        https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                        https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                        Comment

                        • Kairi_and_Sora789
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 187

                          #42
                          Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                          Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                          Although they are in faint memory it was a close call between FFV and FFVI.

                          I absolutely have to replay the NES/SNES era FF games because those are superior to the PS ones. [inb4ff7fanboiz]

                          Any good compilations / collections out there? I know there are quite a few remakes but I think I'd prefer the originals on one disc / cartridge.
                          Not that I know of; only the FFI/FFII bundle for NES, but that was released only in Japan.

                          I heard the PS ones, especially the V remake, were horrible. Or at least, the translations sucked.

                          ~

                          Comment

                          • MrMagic5239
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 4096

                            #43
                            Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                            Im tempted to play the original Final Fantasy 2 again lol, just because it's so easy to manipulate and make yourself ridiculously powerful at the very start of the game within minutes.
                            ~Grand Chase Stats~
                            Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                            Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
                            Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
                            Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                            Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
                            Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
                            Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                            Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
                            Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

                            Comment

                            • Artic_counter
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 1002

                              #44
                              Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                              Originally posted by MrMagic5239
                              PS there is no character named Lance in FF4


                              Jusssssssssssssst sayin
                              It's not as if I can remember evey names in the game. I don't even rememer how the twins were named lol.


                              Comment

                              • chocobothief12
                                Getting faster with time
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 695

                                #45
                                Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                                palom and porom

                                Comment

                                Working...