Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MrMagic5239
    FFR Veteran
    • Feb 2007
    • 4096

    #16
    Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

    If there was a final fantasy game were development was based solely on what type of character you are, yet again like final fantasy 1, id probably enjoy that a lot more then a lot of newer ones.

    Just sayin, like in Final Fantasy 7, it was pretty bland being able to have Tifa do 9999 damage with a weapon and magic, and someone such as Red 13 or Cloud do the same thing. In Final Fantasy 1, a mage was not as strong as a knight, which made these earlier ones a little more fun for me.
    ~Grand Chase Stats~
    Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
    Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
    Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
    Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
    Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
    Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
    Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
    Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
    Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #17
      Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

      Yeah there comes a point where just being able to hit hard trumps any real strategy. Some bosses leverage this pretty well, but stopping people from overgrinding is difficult.

      Comment

      • MrMagic5239
        FFR Veteran
        • Feb 2007
        • 4096

        #18
        Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

        Originally posted by Reincarnate
        Yeah there comes a point where just being able to hit hard trumps any real strategy. Some bosses leverage this pretty well, but stopping people from overgrinding is difficult.
        I get the point in the later games for characters was to have more variety and versatility in characters to use magic, and strong weapons, but it is a lot more challenging to have players who are strictly weapon users, be some what useless in some battles, and have magic users somewhat useless in other battles. If you blend the 2 together, there is no real challenge since you can just have a heavy weapon hitter, use a magic spell and deal just as much damage.
        ~Grand Chase Stats~
        Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
        Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
        Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
        Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
        Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
        Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
        Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
        Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
        Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

        Comment

        • ELRayford
          Custom User Title
          • May 2004
          • 1547

          #19
          Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

          When I was a child Final Fantasy II was about Cecil and Rydia...

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #20
            Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

            I think a properly balanced RPG needs characters who you shouldn't want to keep in your party at all times. There *should* be a balance present such that certain characters will be absolutely useless and others will be essential. Of course, there should be plenty of battles in-between where you can mix-and-match in accordance to your desired playstyle.

            However, I feel like too many RPG's lack this balance.

            Comment

            • vro
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 378

              #21
              Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

              Originally posted by Reincarnate
              I think a properly balanced RPG needs characters who you shouldn't want to keep in your party at all times. There *should* be a balance present such that certain characters will be absolutely useless and others will be essential. Of course, there should be plenty of battles in-between where you can mix-and-match in accordance to your desired playstyle.

              However, I feel like too many RPG's lack this balance.
              Depending on how you look at it, that could be a good thing in some cases. It makes it to where the player can mainly use whatever characters they prefer based on personality or looks.

              Comment

              • MrMagic5239
                FFR Veteran
                • Feb 2007
                • 4096

                #22
                Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                Final Fantasy 4 is my favorite due to this, Cecil has limited magic which became pretty useless really quick, and Kain had no magic. Edge, well if you count his ninja skills as magic they were pretty useless too really quick.
                ~Grand Chase Stats~
                Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
                Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
                Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
                Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
                Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
                Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #23
                  Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                  Originally posted by vro
                  Depending on how you look at it, that could be a good thing in some cases. It makes it to where the player can mainly use whatever characters they prefer based on personality or looks.
                  If I may refer to FF7 again, the problem I encountered is that I did this too. I basically kept Cloud, Vincent, and I think Cid in my party because I "liked them the most." The side-effect = everyone else stays pretty weak. Down the road I can't really consider using certain characters because they're so underdeveloped at that point in time.

                  Comment

                  • MrMagic5239
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 4096

                    #24
                    Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                    I like knowing when something is coming up were a particular characters skill set is dominate, that I should level them before hand, which for me can keep the balance in levels.

                    I did this for the most part of FF6 when I'd play through it normally, when I was in a particular area, and a boss was weak to such and such magic, I'd bring along Strego, or someone who had that particular spell already learned and use them in the battle instead of picking one of my favorite characters and making them learn it.

                    If you really look at it, this is the way FF6 could of been, and it could of been really challenging. If they would of left the espers to magic users only, like before Zozo, the game would of been more challenging.

                    Terra, Celes, and for the most part Gogo should of been then only "Hybrids" that are physically and magically strong.

                    Relm, Strego, Setzer, and Gau should of been the main Magic users and everyone else should of been the physically strong characters.

                    Umaro is the perfect example. Yes he can cast a magic spell, at a very rare time, but his main strengths come from whacking his bone club, and throwing your party into the enemy.
                    ~Grand Chase Stats~
                    Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                    Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
                    Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
                    Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                    Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
                    Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
                    Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                    Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
                    Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

                    Comment

                    • euphoriakisses
                      UwU~
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 284

                      #25
                      Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                      V and VI all the way but I thought VI was better than V so I picked that one.

                      Comment

                      • Valance
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 28

                        #26
                        Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                        I prefer the original FF mostly because of how simple it was. That said, I have yet to play FF6 beyond the first dungeon.

                        Comment

                        • ShAiOnEi
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 1110

                          #27
                          Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                          Probably a tie between 5 and 6 that's when they were at their prime.
                          I love my son Auron

                          Epic thread killer

                          Comment

                          • xferrarix
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1091

                            #28
                            Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                            Well I haven't played any of those, but from what I know about the FF series FF4 and FF6 are possibly the best in storyline development of the 6. Mystic Quest I do own and I find it way too mindless (blahblah i know the game is for people who haven't played in the rpg genre before). There's no plot going on and honestly I find the entire thing way too boring to even compare it to the others.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Profraine
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 236

                              #29
                              Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                              1 was simple and felt like I was playing D&D. The bonus duengones in the gba remake were nice too.
                              I never got into 2, if only because I kept dying outside of the starter town. :/
                              Never played 3 before.
                              Tried 4, didn't really get far in it. The gameplay felt pretty solid though.
                              I liked 5 for it's humorous plot and customizable party.
                              6 was quite a bit for me. Never really got the swing of it. :/
                              Never played Mysitc Quest.

                              Comment

                              • MrMagic5239
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 4096

                                #30
                                Re: Best Final Fantasy (Cartridge Era) Poll

                                The original make of Final Fantasy 2 was rather hard, even though it was still just as broken as the GBA remake.
                                ~Grand Chase Stats~
                                Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                                Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
                                Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
                                Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
                                Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
                                Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
                                Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
                                Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
                                Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

                                Comment

                                Working...