Guitar Hero 4 or Rock Band 2: Which is Better?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dore
    caveman pornstar
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2006
    • 6317

    #31
    Re: Guitar Hero 4 or Rock Band 2: Which is Better?

    Remember back in the day when GH2 came out. And how GH2 was the most awesome thing EVER because of how much awesomer it was compared to GH1 which was AWESOME but now GH2 was EVEN MORE AWESOMER?!?!?!1

    ahem

    Harmonix has promised that the step up from RB1 to RB2 will be comparable to the step up from GH1 to GH2. Considering the fact that RB was able to execute a game with three separate instruments and to be able to put it out with so much innovation and polish, that's a pretty huge statement. Harmonix's rock games have always been great and when they say they have made the game great I believe them.

    GH:WT is a toss-up for me. Their music creator is great in theory but how in depth will it be and how much replay will it garner? Will the charts be ridiculously overdone or will they be accurate to the music? GH:A showed that they can be more accurate but which trend will they continue? How will the drums work out? The setup is all dedicated and not nearly as flexible as RB's, which can use all four pads in any way needed. Will the drums fall into the same hole of artificial difficulty as GH3? Will the vocals be executed well?

    I'm going to pick up both discs and the RB2 drum kit, and maybe the GH:WT guitar if the touch pad has enough use (that can't be replicated with the solo buttons). But as of now I can see myself playing RB2 much more than GH:WT just like I've played RB1 so much more than GH3.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

    Comment

    • tha Guardians
      MCDC 2011
      • Nov 2006
      • 1680

      #32
      Re: Guitar Hero 4 or Rock Band 2: Which is Better?

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      wah wah wah Im terrible at reading slow speeds
      I am, but besides it making it harder for me to read the notes, it makes the game less exciting.


      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Compared to... GH3's?
      Nope, compared to air. I find air drumming to Rock Band's drums more fun than actually playing the kit. The sensitivity was awful, at least on my set, one of the sticks broke somehow, and the pedal broke. That's from me playing them being played on maybe a total of 20 hours.


      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Get off of my porch right now before I call the police!
      =(

      Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
      can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

      Originally posted by Synthlight
      I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

      Cheers,

      Synthlight

      Comment

      • footbull3196
        Banned
        • Oct 2007
        • 514

        #33
        Re: Guitar Hero 4 or Rock Band 2: Which is Better?

        So, which one wins? I'm gonna take a poll, and whichever one wins, i'm gonna buy.

        Comment

        Working...