Halo Movie

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xXDominationxLyfexX
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2008
    • 344

    #31
    Re: Halo Movie

    Originally posted by spinal_compression
    Unless there's an official release date from Bungie or something I say the movie is a bust.
    There is not going to be a release date from Bungie.
    Bungie paid the producers quite an amount of money to
    make this movie, the producers will give the official release date
    if it's still going.
    Which I'm pretty sure it is.


    It better kick ass, I've seen a couple of previews of it, it looks pretty sick.


    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
    [1:39:07 PM] synthlight says: The answer is.. because version .786 has a sun in it.
    [1:39:23 PM] Tasselfoot says: i don't get it.
    [1:39:37 PM] synthlight says: you are not supposed to.

    Comment

    • Telvanni_guard
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2005
      • 1031

      #32
      Re: Halo Movie

      Back when this was first announced two trailers were shown. (Three if you count part 1 and 2 of the second as 2 trailers.)


      The First:
      This trailer made me feel disappointed inside. Mainly because of lack of action and no real cool factor. The pink blast next to the guy who doesn't flinch is also idiotic.

      The Second:
      This one I like more. For one it shows more of the action that you'd expect from the Halo series and also has a very gritty feel to it. More like a war flick from way back when. (There's also a good deal of information about the movie in the description.)

      Comment

      • nev670
        FFR Veteran
        • Aug 2007
        • 452

        #33
        Re: Halo Movie

        yea, it gets better, but the first trailer is just. . . a trailer, doesnt HAVE to show action but it showed they at least used the same guns and stuff
        Click >>><<<Click

        Avg Rank: 174 AAA: 40% FC: 99%
        nev670 & SnS ^_^ !
        This video is Dedicated to Tasselfoot
        Jason Key's Best Friend

        Comment

        • Mr.Nothing
          R.I.P. Steve <3
          • Aug 2007
          • 1227

          #34
          Re: Halo Movie

          Originally posted by Telvanni_guard
          Back when this was first announced two trailers were shown. (Three if you count part 1 and 2 of the second as 2 trailers.)


          The First:
          This trailer made me feel disappointed inside. Mainly because of lack of action and no real cool factor. The pink blast next to the guy who doesn't flinch is also idiotic.

          The Second:
          This one I like more. For one it shows more of the action that you'd expect from the Halo series and also has a very gritty feel to it. More like a war flick from way back when. (There's also a good deal of information about the movie in the description.)
          Never seen the second one there, thanks for turning my attention to it.
          I hope that the text they use in the beginning isn't the final text used...
          Cyan? Really? Arial? Come on...

          Oh, and sound quality??

          I almost came when I saw Sierra 117, then I almost cried when we didn't get to see him.
          Last edited by Mr.Nothing; 05-28-2008, 03:38 PM.

          Comment

          • toxicninja
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2007
            • 77

            #35
            Re: Halo Movie

            Originally posted by Tps222
            You guys realize the only thing Peter Jackson did that was any good was take any already amazing storyline written by an excellent fantasy writer, and then just attempt to stay true and make it a movie..
            gawd you're an ignorant idiot, he made two of the best cult gore films ever. basically everything he did before lord of the rings was genius. Besides he's an amazing Director before writer, though i don't like the films he did an amazing job of adapting the books to film.

            Comment

            • Chanz
              FFR Player
              • May 2008
              • 32

              #36
              Re: Halo Movie

              Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
              Never seen the second one there, thanks for turning my attention to it.
              I hope that the text they use in the beginning isn't the final text used...
              Cyan? Really? Arial? Come on...

              Oh, and sound quality??

              I almost came when I saw Sierra 117, then I almost cried when we didn't get to see him.
              I was just about to comment on the text choice. Hahah, that is what made me question if that is a real trailer to the movie. I figured that the text choice they would have used would match the Halo logo/insignia to a point, you know? Not just some typical Arial font colored cyan.

              Comment

              • inflames07
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2007
                • 470

                #37
                Re: Halo Movie

                Originally posted by tsugomaru
                Star Wars seemed liked a good movie to everyone, but were any of the games amazing? Probably not. I didn't really like Star Wars at all and the few games that I have played were terrible.

                EDIT: Also, how can you say this or that movie is worse compared to the Halo one? Both the Halo and Warcraft movies aren't even out, what is there to compare? Point simply is, they will both suck.

                ~Tsugomaru
                Battlefront 1 and 2, Jedi Knight series, KOTOR 1 and 2, and the Force Unleashed should be great.

                Also Star Wars Galaxies was a decent MMO.



                Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                Sex kills time and it's free.

                Instead of taking her out to a movie and buying her popcorn, bend her over the arm of a couch. It's very economical. Just make sure you are using the proper protection, because then it can become VERY, VERY GOD DAMN UNECONOMICAL if she pops a baby 9 months down the road.

                Comment

                • Mr.Nothing
                  R.I.P. Steve <3
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 1227

                  #38
                  Re: Halo Movie

                  Originally posted by Chanz
                  I was just about to comment on the text choice. Hahah, that is what made me question if that is a real trailer to the movie. I figured that the text choice they would have used would match the Halo logo/insignia to a point, you know? Not just some typical Arial font colored cyan.
                  Exactly,
                  I mean I have the Halo 3 font for my computer...
                  Why couldn't the same be true for the MOVIE PRODUCERS. lol.
                  Possible fake?
                  But really well made.

                  Comment

                  • ~One~
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 370

                    #39
                    Re: Halo Movie

                    Originally posted by G-Spot
                    People have beenm saying the movie is coming out in 2006, 2007, 2008, now 2009.
                    See how far rumors spread?

                    I've talked to the bungie music producer directly because...well I know him...and get rich off of it too.
                    If you knew a Bungie movie producer you would know that there wont be a Halo 4. Theres going to be Halo Wars and there will also be a new game coming out this winter, starting off a new chapter(s) in the series.

                    Halo 3 was "Finish the Fight" because it signified the end of that chapter(s). (Halo is also a book series)

                    Also, they were supposed to make the Halo movie but no one would put money into and people didnt want to participate. If you saw 'Halo: Landfall', it was pretty much a trailer for this movie.

                    Comment

                    • nev670
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 452

                      #40
                      Re: Halo Movie

                      Added a poll to see what your opinions are overall . . .
                      Click >>><<<Click

                      Avg Rank: 174 AAA: 40% FC: 99%
                      nev670 & SnS ^_^ !
                      This video is Dedicated to Tasselfoot
                      Jason Key's Best Friend

                      Comment

                      • Mr.Nothing
                        R.I.P. Steve <3
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 1227

                        #41
                        Re: Halo Movie

                        Originally posted by ~One~
                        If you knew a Bungie movie producer you would know that there wont be a Halo 4. Theres going to be Halo Wars and there will also be a new game coming out this winter, starting off a new chapter(s) in the series.
                        Already been stated, but thanks for backing me up

                        Comment

                        • bluguerrilla
                          FFR Player
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 3966

                          #42
                          Re: Halo Movie

                          Originally posted by toxicninja
                          gawd you're an ignorant idiot, he made two of the best cult gore films ever. basically everything he did before lord of the rings was genius. Besides he's an amazing Director before writer, though i don't like the films he did an amazing job of adapting the books to film.
                          Cult gore films are not good films. The reason they're popular is because they're so horrible.

                          He didn't do a spectacular job at adapting LOTR into movies. He succeeded at not messing up.

                          I'd watch a Halo movie for the laughs.
                          Last edited by bluguerrilla; 05-28-2008, 08:21 PM.

                          Comment

                          • Relambrien
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1644

                            #43
                            Re: Halo Movie

                            Originally posted by bluguerrilla
                            He didn't do a spectacular job at adapting LOTR into movies. He succeeded at not messing up.
                            To be fair, in terms of book > movie adaptations, "not messing up" really is a spectacular job.

                            Comment

                            • nev670
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 452

                              #44
                              Re: Halo Movie

                              ino, right. . .
                              Click >>><<<Click

                              Avg Rank: 174 AAA: 40% FC: 99%
                              nev670 & SnS ^_^ !
                              This video is Dedicated to Tasselfoot
                              Jason Key's Best Friend

                              Comment

                              • bluguerrilla
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 3966

                                #45
                                Re: Halo Movie

                                Originally posted by Relambrien
                                To be fair, in terms of book > movie adaptations, "not messing up" really is a spectacular job.
                                It's more of a binary thing.

                                0: Messed up -> crucified

                                1: Not messed up -> extolled

                                For one of the most popular books of all time, they'd better have gotten it right.
                                Last edited by bluguerrilla; 05-28-2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: blatant lol

                                Comment

                                Working...