Gears of War 2 Announced!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bender5
    The 40% Iron Chef
    • Jan 2005
    • 4894

    #16
    Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

    I am really looking forward to this game. I loved the original Gears because there had to be at least a bit of strategy in the way you play through it. And a sequel will just take everything that much farther and make it that much better

    Comment

    • tofurox
      Them arrows.
      • May 2006
      • 2263

      #17
      Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

      Fine, it does not suck.... I just keep getting killed... I find it confusing to play, but mabye I need practice.

      This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.

      Comment

      • MixMasterLar
        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 5401

        #18
        Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

        It was hard for me to learn it. I dont have a Xbox, so I played MP at my friend's house. I learned how to play while on LIVE

        Really freakin' hard lol.
        ​

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #19
          Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

          Gears of War 2? Yawn.

          Don't get me wrong it was okay, but this game IMO isn't worth the hype.

          Comment

          • Paintball24068
            Banned
            • Feb 2008
            • 47

            #20
            Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

            Gears of War 2 Tech: Unreal Engine: GDC Exclusive!

            Comment

            • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
              Threat Emulation
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2004
              • 5184

              #21
              Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

              Originally posted by Chromer
              Gears of War 2? Yawn.

              Don't get me wrong it was okay, but this game IMO isn't worth the hype.
              The game might not be worth the hype, I can understand that argument, but the story... I thought this had one of the best stories when it came out. My biggest problem with the game was that it ended. I've been waiting for them to continue the series just so that I can see what happens next in the story. Assuming that they continue to care about the story as much as they did in the first game I won't be disappointed.

              Also, They've improved a lot to the Unreal 3 Engine that they've been working on. I love how that hasn't even been touched on in this thread yet. While it might not be the most awe-inspiring thing ever, its the only hard evidence of what's in the game. Sure, the trailer looks f**king amazing, but it doesn't show anything at all. There is another video which shows what's practically in-game shots where at one point there are over 100 Locust running around the screen. This is unheard of. They've almost completely redone the whole lighting process and it makes everything so much easier on everything. But I digress, or whatever the word I'm looking for is. Here is the link because if you haven't seen it yet, and you consider yourself a follower of this game, or want to know more about it, check it out.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0gNJ...eature=related(edit - ninja'd cuz I type slow)

              As for the trailer, as I commented earlier, I think its amazing. I love the whole color scheme that they're using, keeps the feel from the original game. The scene itself is pretty cool. If you'll be able to do that in the game, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will be happy. Also, I love how the logo for the second game is the opposite of the original logo. That really brings back the memories (from oh so long ago/sarcasm) from the original game.

              So yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to this game.

              Originally posted by Lightdarkness
              I'm light f**king darkness

              Comment

              • lumphoboextreme
                FFR Veteran
                • Jan 2005
                • 8592

                #22
                Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                It was a unique game but I really wasn't a big fan of the ranking system. I'll still probably buy it come november though.

                Comment

                • revolutionomega
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 2240

                  #23
                  Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                  Sick stuff on the unreal engine 3. I had seen that trailer and expect awesome interactive capabilities with objects and destructive environments.

                  The ranking system in gears is based on the amount of points you receive and is different for each category (similar to halo) and I found it to be much better than Halo's ranking system just based on how much you play. And MP in GoW is amazing. It DID take me a couple of months to get really good at the game but once you get good it gets really fun.

                  Definitely looking for the story to be well put together due to the cliffhanger and intensity of the first part.
                  "AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
                  - Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)

                  Comment

                  • Telvanni_guard
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 1031

                    #24
                    Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                    Since this could be the GDC thread...

                    How bout dat Ninja Gaiden 2, eh?

                    Comment

                    • xinpig
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 1072

                      #25
                      Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                      GEARS O WAR 2 YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      so excited



                      PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!

                      Comment

                      • Im a Manatee
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 1

                        #26
                        Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                        I'm excited, but the trailer was dissatisfying.

                        Comment

                        • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                          Threat Emulation
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2004
                          • 5184

                          #27
                          Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                          Originally posted by Telvanni_guard
                          Since this could be the GDC thread...

                          How bout dat Ninja Gaiden 2, eh?
                          Fable 2 as well... but I think both of those deserve their own threads. This should only be Gears 2 in my opinion.

                          Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                          I'm light f**king darkness

                          Comment

                          • ddr_f4n
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 3807

                            #28
                            Re: Gears of War 2 Announced!

                            Originally posted by Telvanni_guard
                            Since this could be the GDC thread...

                            How bout dat Ninja Gaiden 2, eh?
                            Sorry, but I would rather that you made your own thread on that.

                            Also, I will post the Unreal Engine Improvement video into the first post.
                            Out Now!


                            Older Releases:
                            Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                            Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                            東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                            Comment

                            Working...