Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EAGAMES
    Y0FACE!
    • Dec 2006
    • 4931

    #46
    Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

    Originally posted by GamerShadow
    Best DS Game: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (I've never played Phantom Hourglass, so I can't vote for it, because that'd be a blind guess.)
    Best Wii Game: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Best Online DDR-based keyboard Game: FFR. *shot*
    Thats exactly what I would say! +1
    Removed a .gif image so your total signature size isn't well over 1MB. Keep this in mind for the future.
    5th Official FFR Tournament Scores (Division 5)
    Round 1: Novo Mundo (AAA)
    Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
    Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
    Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
    Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
    Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
    Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
    Originally posted by smartdude1212
    EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

    Comment

    • eric25
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2006
      • 135

      #47
      Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

      Best DS Game: Purrpalls (for sure)

      Comment

      • fireking550
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2006
        • 171

        #48
        Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

        Best Shooter: CoD4 or Bioshock (can't decide)
        Best Music: Rock Band (Xbox 360)
        Best Sports: Madden 08 (Xbox 360)
        Game of the Year: Bioshock

        Bioshock has to be its just a totally different kind of gameplay from all other games. It requires some amount of stragety and you can do different things every time through. It not really a shooter either because later in the game your basic weapons become weak and good for killing so Bioshock all the way


        Big Time Boston Fan, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots, beat that line-up

        Originally posted by Kibblre
        New mission: I will attempt to get "Meep" banned from my school, as well.

        Comment

        • omgitznpv
          cohoooooon
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2005
          • 6980

          #49
          Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

          best game of the year every year : ffr
          Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
          What's the point of using drugs anyways? I heard they help you relax but that's pretty much it. (Not talking about medicines)

          Comment

          • Squeek
            let it snow~
            • Jan 2004
            • 14444

            #50
            Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

            After much thought, I give the award to...

            Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros's Treasure

            Let's face it. It was more fun than Galaxy, it was the first of its kind in a long time, it had a polished look and amazing gameplay. As the first original game in a long time, it wins. Every other Wii game that came out in 2007 felt repetitive and I found myself wanting to quit playing after just half an hour into the game. I never even officially began Metroid Prime 3. Still only play Mario Galaxy with a friend, because it's just more fun that way. But Zack and Wiki? I played non-stop. I loved winning, I loved not winning. I just loved the entire experience. I loved making my friends suffer through the levels that I had already beaten by not giving them any help. It was great fun the entire time.

            Runner-up is Portal. Yes, it was amazing. Yes, unlocking all of the achievements was fun. Yes, I played through it several times. But there's little to turn to once it's over. Sure, I bought The Orange Box just for that game, but I bought Zack & Wiki for a challenging and intuitive game and got so much more: I got the greatest gaming sidekick that the world has ever seen. Here's hoping they make a golden helicopter monkey bell plush toy.
            Last edited by Squeek; 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM.

            Comment

            • RB_Dreamscanner
              ☭Retired Top One Hander☭
              • Nov 2006
              • 1789

              #51
              Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

              BioShockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
              "The Communist vision is the vision of man without God"



              Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR

              Comment

              • fido123
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 4245

                #52
                Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

                PC

                Best game: Orange Box
                Best Shooter (besides best game): Crysis
                Best RTS: Supreme Commander


                Counsel (excluding PC games as orange box=win and is for 360)

                Best Game: COD4
                Best Shooter (excluding Best game): Halo3


                ITG/DDR are excluded as they were not made this year and I really don't consider them video games.

                I've owned an Xbox since Christmas so I've only played GHIII, Halo, and COD4. I'm frantically looking for the Orange Box which for some reason WalMart isn't getting any. Halo3 really isn't super awesome but the multilayer is decent. Also the game IS over hyped but it is still a good game, not nearly as good as COD4 and the Orange Box though.

                Comment

                • Relambrien
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 1644

                  #53
                  Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

                  I don't know what you're smoking Squeek. I played Zack and Wiki and was bored almost instantaneously. It was just never...fun. Good thing it was a rental instead of a purchase.

                  Comment

                  • Buttoxin
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 278

                    #54
                    Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

                    Tie between Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy. Honestly, I haven't played that many new games.

                    Comment

                    • ddr_f4n
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 3807

                      #55
                      Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

                      Originally posted by fido123
                      ITG/DDR are excluded as they were not made this year and I really don't consider them video games.
                      DDR Universe, DDR Universe 2, DDR Supernova 2, DDR Hottest Party.

                      No ITG releases though, as they were killed by Konami.
                      Out Now!


                      Older Releases:
                      Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                      Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                      東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                      Comment

                      • Chromer
                        Hookers and Blow
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 4981

                        #56
                        Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

                        Game of the Year: Orange Box/COD 4
                        Best 360 Game: Bioshock
                        Best Wii Game: Super Mario Galaxy
                        Best PS3 Game: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

                        Comment

                        • fido123
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 4245

                          #57
                          Re: Game of the Year 2007 (In Your Opinion)

                          Originally posted by ddr_f4n
                          DDR Universe, DDR Universe 2, DDR Supernova 2, DDR Hottest Party.
                          They suck to much to count...

                          Comment

                          Working...